Register now to get rid of these ads!

Missouri plates- YOM - 1 or 2 required?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kscarguy, Sep 10, 2012.

1. kscarguy

kscarguy

In Missouri, to use "Year of make" license plates on a vehicle (1941) do I need one or two plates? Can they be repainted?

FYI - Anyone have any 1941 missouri truck plates?

2. kscarguy

kscarguy

guess you ought to know...

3. Should be plentiful at flea markets terra always milk crates of old plates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Model T1

Model T1

One, as for repainting, most, if not all, states want only good clean original plates. The rules change everywhere, even from tag office to office. Mostly because not many know the rules!
    If you get it approved then you can take a chance and repaint it but it must look original.

Sent from desktop computer using fingers.

5. ModelT,
    I missouri you fill out a form for vanity plates then send a picture along with the form. I have a perfect '64 plate in my garage, it is retored. The state doesn't care as long as it looks right.

6. If you can't find one let me know and I'll poke around the flea markets in spfld

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Model T1

Model T1

Here in our "country" we actually have to mail the plate and form into the State DMV. When they find time in their busy schedule to look it over they okay it, add the modern sticker, and hopefully return the tag and paperwork. I paid around $100 for my 55 Florida tag plus the extra vanity plate costs on top of regular tag price.
    Then about the first trip 10 miles to town I got stopped by a State cop. I think he just wanted to look at the wagon. He ran the tag and mostly asked about the car. Very nice and polite.
    Since 1994 that's the only time I got stopped. Before that I had a regular illinois tag "R TOY 55". Other one had "USA 1955".
    However in the great city of large mice and rats, Orlando, I got two separate tickets for running toll booths and another for running a red light--in my late model police car with that tag number. Actually it had a STAR and the color was different. After many letters and being threatened to pull my license, I won. After all, a 55 Chevy with shiny chrome bumper looked a bit different in their photos than a new white Ford with white plastic bumper and the word SHERIFF on the trunk.
    Those are the only problems I've had. On other cars I just got the Antique plate.

Sent homecomputer via retard

8. pool

pool

Larry's license plates in BLUE Springs is close to you he hits our local swap meet every year, have had good luck with him. He's an ex-patrolman and knows the law regarding plates. 816-365-0477 cell or 888-292-4299 toll free.

9. Fenders

Fenders

In mass, can't be restored...
    if two were issued in the year, you need two UNLESS one is unavailable (!!??) then you can get the one approved.
    Most guys who have two "lose" one.....

10. IBeam

IBeam

My two cents. Done it several times. See attached link.
    http://dor.mo.gov/motorv/historic.php
    Print out and fill in form 570. The state forms say plates (plural) half the time the other half they say plate. (singular) That's my reason for running one plate. I always send two pictures taken from different angles so it appears like two plates just to avoid any potental problems. I only run one plate on my cars and have not been hassled so far. These plates are not ment for use on daily drivers so they do not see tons of road miles per year.
    Restored is ok, state can not tell from a picture if it is restored or not, but the backgound and number colors need to match to the orginal colors for the year of the plate.
    Antique Stores are a good source. Sometimes it takes a couple stabs to get a unused number.
    Shiner's swap meet this weekend usually has a vender or two for old plates. They sell singles and pairs and have already called the state to make sure the old number is not currently being used, they charge a bit for that.
    I like to take the crap shoot approach, buy em cheap, call state, and hang the rejects in the shop as art. The search is fun.

11. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

Yeah , one plate til 72 I think . You can restore the plate in MO.
    Larry should be at the Lees Summit swap this weekend, I bought a few plates from him , if its not good he will exchange it .
    I drove my paperwork and tag to Jeff city and had it all taken care of in about an hour