Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your car hate you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59IMPALER, Sep 10, 2012.

1. My '53 was always nice to me before I chopped it. Since then it has not stopped fuckin' with me. She has now turned into the hot girlfriend that is mean to you, but you stay with her 'cause she's hot. I would call her Christine, but Christine is always putting herself BACK together.

2. Ive always found hot girlfriends are nicer to you, when you throw lots of money at them. :D

3. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I once owned a truck that I really thought was trying to give me a heart attack.

This thing would kill alternators and we could never figure out where the dead short was so after replacing many alternators without any luck figuring out the problem I did what any Car Guy would do and drove down to a local Chevrolet dealer and traded in on a New Chevrolet Pickup.

Jimbo

4. jason65

jason65

I know what you mean. My truck has decided to start breaking down since I brought the Model A project home. Two days after the A showed up the ignition module went out and now the rear end. Jealous, jealous, jealous!

5. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I tend to think mine does at times.

6. 53 ford

53 ford

I named my ot vette Sybil, you never know what's about to happen when you get in. Harley

7. Well Lady Godiva was pretty hot and ended up eing a real embarassment to her husband. If the car embarrasses you maybe you should call it Lady Godiva. :D

Ya know how I tell everyone that buys a car that is drivable and doesn't know what to do with it that, if you drive it awhile it will tell you what it wants done? Well a car is like a woman and if you miss interpret what she wants from you, then you got hell to pay. Maybe the ol' girl didn't want her lid lowered. :D:D:D

8. Entlebucher

Entlebucher

I can feel with you...

My AV8 tried to kill me a few weeks ago, this nasty little suicide bomber. Thanks to the fact that i am well trained in car-psychology, i diagnosed the faulty psyches that degenerated into brake failure just in time, before the next steep descent.

But we are still friends and we go for a ride pretty often. I think the missconduct arises out of her bad drinking habits, don't you think?

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a parachute that didn't like me, three jumps in a row I had main canopy failure! PD Talon container, main canopy VX 142, reserve AF 150. Was a good system had over 1000 jumps on it, new lines and still tried to kill me!
    I got the last laugh on it though, I fucked myself up on an Army jump system (Static line MC1), HA! No civilian gear was gonna' get me!

Doc.

10. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

If it has tits or wheels you will have trouble with it.
    Be nice

11. I think I would have found someone new to pack that bugger. ;)

12. my first car hated being fixed, i'd drive it for months without so much as a flat battery then i'd decide to change the oil and the radiator would start leaking, fix that then the brakes would sieze up, fix that then something else would break until i got sick of it and got to a problem i could live with. a couple of months later i'd get sick of that rattle or whatever and fix it then all hell would break loose again.:rolleyes:

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The sad thing is you pack your own rig in the civvie world, maybe I just don't like myself?:rolleyes:

Doc.

14. and doc, youre a nut. if i had a chute fail to open on me i don't think i'd be trying it again;).

it does remind me tho a few years ago at the ballarat swap there was a bloke selling a parachute with a sign on it thet read "for sale, one parachute. one owner, slightly damaged, never opened"

15. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!"

16. well I guess that is my point isn't it. :D

I think you like yourself real well, but remember whenever someone goes to the great battle in the sky and you are the one that caused that they don't really die they just take up residence in your head. Maybe it isn't you that is mad at all. :eek:

Its OK though I still like ya. I probably owe an Ausie or two and seeing as how I don't know where they may be you'll do just fine. ;)

Now back on topic, I have this theory about cars and bikes, they want attention and if you don't give them the attention that they want they will do stuff to get your attention. Of course my other theory is that if it is not broken fix it 'till it is.

I hear ya friend.

17. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I worked on the Nash for 2 years, had it on the road for three weeks / 2 shows (500 miles) and blew the engine. Now it's hard to get the motivation to work on her again.

18. Its just an old car, you did it the first time you'll do it again.

Some of the older fellas used to say, if you blow it up on a single four, rebuild it with two. If it blows again, super charge it and then if it comes apart inject it.

Now get after it make it bigger, better, badder.

19. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Already got a 401 Nailhead! Actually I am getting motivated now that these brutal summer temps have subsided. Should have the engine pulled by this weekend.

20. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

My 57 ran fine when I lived in Mi. Moved to Az. and its been hell ever since.

21. Ha I need to build tail light mounts for my part hauler so I can make it legal, it sat so long in the summer heat that my new battery took a dump.

But it is cooler out now so I amm with you this is a good time to get after it.

Like the old nash by the way.

22. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

wow, iam glad to hear iam not the only guy with this problem! Ever since day one, my model A has fucked with me i swear it hates me, but iam so attached to it i just deal with it! everything i touch on that car fights me. One of my buddys made a comment after watching me fight with the model a one night, that he did understand how i could almost throw parts at my 38 chevy and it falls together. My A...yeah not so much but like i said...i love it so it stays with me

23. onelowc10

onelowc10

My son has a 69 VW baja bug, very clean no rust and I'd really like to help him build it since hes only 14 but every time i try it does weird and strange things. And i swore it didnt like me. Glad to see im not alone on this.

24. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

My collection does not hate me, IT HATES THAT CRAP THAT IS CALLED GASOLINE! CLOGS UP ALL THE FUEL SYSTEM.

25. Model T1

Model T1

Well guys, and maybe gals, many name their cars after wimmin, for good reasons. They are exciting, will take you for one hell of a ride, are hot, look long and lean, sometimes mean. They are usually fun to play around with. But if they have tits or tires, as has been mentioned many many times in our world, they are gonna cost us money!
    Sadly they are both an addiction for most of us. We can't live without em! Politically incorrect?:confused: Who cares it's true!;)

On the plus side, a car can't divorce ya. And you can swap it anytime ya want!

Sent by dinklebury on a home computer.

26. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Mine doesn't necessarily hate me.....it just likes to mind fuck me.....it turned itself into a black vortex that kept disassembling itself till all I had was a pile of parts that all had to be rehabbed before putting it back together....

Course it was a running and driving truck till that happened....see my build thread and you'll see what I'm talking about

27. deto

deto

Mines pretty reliable. It fucks me once a month.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

28. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

the ex girlfriend once asked me, "why do you spend so much time working on your cars..."? i told her, "because when i dont wanna hear my cars all i have to do is turn the key off and they shut the fuck up".....

29. Model T1

Model T1

Kinda explains EX-girlfriend !;) Just like cars, there's another girlfriend lurking someplace just waiting for you to take her home. She could be a keeper. She could be just another pain in the ass wanting you to spend money to keep her running.
    Sometimes I daydream and think I'd been better off never owning a car or a wife. Just walk down to the whorehouse and enjoy life:).

30. 1959apache

1959apache

yeah my pickup is like that. I get everything up and running, then it stops (head gasket was blown), I replace it and work on something else and then something else breaks.... recently I went to take it for its maiden voyage and the steering gets all screwed up, I take my time and do it right and then the truck wont start anymore, then I have to pull the front bowl off the carb and then get it running again, but now it isnt tuned like it was (even though it wasnt touched since new) and the tranny is leaking... that Apache is a jealous bitch sometimes.