Register now to get rid of these ads!

The future of History?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Carbon maker, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Carbon maker

Carbon maker

I signed up years ago 2008 and have not been into posting here. Well now I have a reason. I started a group dedicated to science history and changing the minds of people about our country's legacy of oil consumption. First off I started working for a guy in my early teens he was hardcore into big Edwardian race cars. My breaks were spent sitting in his unrestored Mercer Raceabout. Later restored and went on to the Otis Chandler collection. I have owned hundreds of cars during my life. It never seems like I can keep the best ones since My passion is in the hunt to save and get them back on the road.
    Jump to 2000's Every year I made the trec to Monterey for the Historics. I would meet many of the coolest people from back in the day. When I would meet them I would get a business card and a private number. Jump to 2010 A guy joined our car club that was a metals scientist and had a Lab for testing materials. At first I thought he was a mole for the EPA quietly gathering data on hot rodders. It is California after all. He turned out to be one of the coolest scientists I had ever met.
    In 2011 I started working at the lab studying the metals and materials of Harry A. Miller. I decided that if miller's work was tought in history I would have gotten straight a's in History.
    Much work and details later in January I announced send a kid to Indy we raised money for the trip from donations and fixing up a 1965 Plymouth.
    We took 7 students with us and met some of the greats.
    After our trip to The motor sports promise land I decided to build a 2 man car to give students rides and get them involved in the future of american automotive history. To date we have a miller replica frame. Hand made the old fashion way by hand. A front axle shocks and other bits. I am looking for a Offy 255 or 270. We plan to replicate the 1935 Indy winner The Gillmore Speedway special. More to come find out more at the hubsociety. Thank you for the forum and keep burnin dyno fuel. James

2. Carbon maker

Carbon maker

All that and I forgot to list my current cars. 1936 alloy coupe Packard straight eight highboy. 1968 Mustang convert 4 speed. 1967 Mustang coupe that My daughter and I have spent the last year building. 1934 Pierce Arrow bought by my Step father 19 1952 for 70.00 Fresh out of 50 years of storage in the family barn. 1935 Miller/Offy Indy car.

3. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

4. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Hello and welcome from Tulsa.

5. Carbon maker

Carbon maker

6. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Sounds interesting. Welcome.

7. Hey James, a welcome from overseas, your intro is nice to read, thanks! hope to see some more pics from what you're doin' and screwin'! ;) with straight-8-regards,

Carsten

8. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

The future of history....is the present?

9. Carbon maker

Carbon maker

Spent a great weekend at the car show met a 5 year old Pinstriper. I was so impressed I gave him my vintage 1940's Aeroflight wagon.Got the Pierce Arrow striped to help people know what it is.

10. How about some photos?