Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotrod hoedown pa- this weekend 9/10 & 11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slant37, Sep 6, 2011.

1. jmh

jmh

Thanks MarkT.. John

2. xlr8er

xlr8er

I'll be there in a 67 Chrysler Newport conv. It's not a hotrod, it's not a bomb and it's not a show car but somehow, I think it sorta fits in with the theme of the show. I can't stay all day on Saturday as there is a big bike show in Lansdale later in the evening. Keep an eye out for the car. It's hard to miss at 18'4" long!!! I might need TWO spots!!

3. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

i'll be there as always ....trying not to blow my top here so everyone who is coming to the show keep the rubber side down and i'll c ya there :)

4. Mark, did you ever go to the Road Agents or Jalopy Showdown? They are/were way more strict than the Hoedown in terms of cars allowed into the show. If you're into billet, easter eggs & jellybeans and gold chainer street rods then NSRA and Good Guys is for you.

5. Mark T

Mark T

I've attended the Jalopy Showdown for many years, definitely the best show within 2 hours of my house.
    Hopefully one of these years I'll make it to a Road Agents show.
    Billet street rods are not my thing but I often impressed with the workmanship.

6. It's very unfortunate that the Road Agents' show is no more. I'm disappointed that the Rumblers show in Brooklyn is also a thing of the past. These were two of my favorite shows. The good news is that we are lucky that there are shows out there to please everyone's tastes. Out of the hundreds of shows/cruises that are within reasonable travel distance to me, I choose to go to only a handful. My taste runs to more traditional cars, including customs. Muscle cars, donks, billet-laden gold chainer street rods, new Camaros & Mustangs, uh no. As has already been mentioned, car shows are a lot more than just the cars. The Hoedown has a great vibe, and I always seem to find something to buy at the flea market. My only complaint from last year is that I attended on Sunday and couldn't buy a 2011 Hoedown workshirt shirt in size large, apparently they were sold out.

7. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

the road agents show hasnt been going on now for years unfortantly ... and for a spectator i think one year they did charge $20, and the lot was maybe not even a quater to the size the hoedown. that show too had bands play all day long . to get your car in you would have to be in line at 4am in the morning ..i loved that show

and as for the whole rat rod thing .. i can go around a show and take photos of all the cars that appeal to me and leave the rat rods out of it and share them here ... and the next person can go around the same show and take pictures that appeal to them and that maybe the rat rods, people would think the show was nothing but that .

look at viva .. for years all ive been seeing of that show online and mags is rat rods .. i went and was pleastantly surprised with all the non rat rod cars in attendance ..
    all depends on how you look at things

8. Luckyred53

Luckyred53

WOW amazing how somebody always thinks you need or want there opinion.my first HOTROD HOEDOWN was 2001 with my shiny RED Muscle car. and yea I won a trophy that year. sure the show has changed,and so has the hobby.the rat rod culture is bigger then ever.I Love them myself some of the chassis under them have as much engineering as those 50k plus cookie cutter street rods.if you don't like this type ( kind ) of show don't come I'm sure there is a mall parking lot show with in 3 miles of the hoedown that would love to get your 15 to 20 dollars to sit in a parking lot for 6 hours and watch UN KOOL people walking around.with a DJ playing the same old oldies that you here at every one of those shows. win that $8 plastic trophy. yea my wife and I will be at the HOEDOWN with my shiny red muscle car again this year. to be with the kool people and kool cars.and Kool bands and thanks to the PROF we have a show of this kind in our area. as far as cost last year show was a bargain at $20.00…. I guess I just gave my opinion sorry ……. hats off to the PROF for still pulling off this size of a show in this economy for $10.00. maybe next year ill have my ratrod or jalopy there …

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  9. Mark68

Mark68

My wife and i will be there on sat,look forward to it every year.

10. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

I'll be there selling, look for the big guy with a gold HHR. Hope the weather holds up..... May just have to get Jen to stripe my glasses !

What ever happened to "The Great Nippolini"?????

11. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Yea. It's tomm the 8th and Sunday the 9th.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  12. spinman

spinman
    from new jersey

They say they're doing a live webcast, but I can't find the link on the website.

13. jmh

jmh

My son is out there and said it is pouring rain off and on since about 4pm.. John

14. onelowc10

onelowc10

A few of us went in the rain from NJ at about 8oclock this morning but ran outta rain a few miles later. Had a great day. Then hit alot of rain on the way home. Have you ever seen a model a sedan driving down the road with an umbrella out the roof?.LOL Its works till about 40 mph.

15. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Hi everybody...The Prof and Scott did a great show again this year. As usual we had a great time. Got there at 8am, parked with great friends, looked at cars, vendors, people and laughed. The weather held out till about 4 but we went inside and listened to the bands and the awards. Left around 11pm . Went back again on Sunday.
    I look forward to this every year and are thankful that it is still going on. It is on my list of must go to shows every year. ( Jalopy showdown in the beginning of the season, and the great shows that the Gasket Goons of PA and NJ have) They are all great shows because of the mix of all different car styles and cycles and even bicycles that are there. But what is the best are the terrific group of people that show up. It doesn't matter what age you are because everyone is there for a common interest and just to have a great time. :)
    Denise

16. George T G

George T G

Maybe mother Nature and I will both be in better spirits for next year and I will come. I see the Wheels of Time show declining more every year so maybe that is off my list. I used to do all 3 days because it was a nice show and only an hour drive.Now this year only one day for me.
    Also they DO cater to the "Easter EGG Cars. of which I am not one.

17. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Hope to see you there next year....:)

18. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Saw a bunch on there FB page

19. Cheapstreet duster

Cheapstreet duster
    from georgia

pics..i just some cream...
    there was alot i missed cause when the sky got dark..lots of nice cars skidaddled...

Attached Files:

20. Cheapstreet duster

Cheapstreet duster
    from georgia

smores

Attached Files:

21. Cheapstreet duster

Cheapstreet duster
    from georgia

smores with nuts

Attached Files:

22. Cheapstreet duster

Cheapstreet duster
    from georgia

lets see..

Attached Files:

23. Cheapstreet duster

Cheapstreet duster
    from georgia

this was how i rolled up...
    popped the hubcaps off the old mans paxton blown hawk..and headed for the burlington
    bristol bridge..

Attached Files: