Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs kustom cars of australia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RI5KY, Jun 14, 2010.

1. hey streetneat welcome to the HAMB. i followed a few of your threads over on oldholden.com, very good in depth tech articles. i was actually gonna post a pic of your fc coupe, glad you beat me to it.

2. here's a couple more. first is a custom chopped and two-doored FB holden owned by a pinstriper who goes by the name "the mez" and the shoebox is owned and painted by custom painter, matt egan (i think he may actually live in the states now but i'm not sure)

Attached Files:

3. Fuzzybear,

Mez is actually a tattoo artist, and owner of True Love Tattoo at Sherwood. The EK is his though :p

I can't really describe what i feel about this, other than that its a damn good example of why i steer clear of most aussie styling ideas..

4. The Australia Custom Car and Hot Rod scene has come a long long ways since I lived there in 1968. I lived in Brisbane and I can honestly say in the year I lived there I never saw a custom or hot rod of any kind. I drove a 50's Holden that looked like a 40's chevy (looked just like the two tone green one shown above in 28A's post) I would have gone nuts to see any type of American car stock or custom.
    I didn't have much money then and was into Speedway Bike racing and any other type of old cycle. I remember almost buying an old ragged out Harley with a side car for a $100.00 but money was too tight then.
    I might have stayed if I could have had my old '51 Ford down there.
    As I said Australia has come a long ways since the 60's, but I still think that driving on the wronge side of the road sucks :D

5. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I sold my 36 Ford 3-W 2 years ago and it went to Australia, I keep looking for photos at various shows but NADA. Come on Joe, lets get it out there. Larry :mad:

Attached Files:

6. shows what i know:rolleyes:. thanks for settin me straight

7. Wardog

Wardog

Don't wan't to keep beating you up fuzzybear but my wife passed Matt in his spinner on the western ring road near the bolte bridge last Wendsday.

8. Smooth Customs

Smooth Customs

Here are some comparison photos taken outside my shop before MEZ picked it up.
    For those not aware, this custom was made from a 4 door sedan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx bro, some super fine machines shown, the artdeco Buick just sends me into orbit, then the next shot is another one flying down the hiway, wow. Seeing the Chevy Ute just makes me wish these could have been made in the U.S.A. also, they are just the best, the black beauty shown is stunning. Thanx for sharing this sweet stuff with us, rock on mate. ~sololobo~

10. ok then, i dont know shit:rolleyes::eek: but i was sure i read in rod and custom or something that he was working out of california??? maybe just went on a business trip of sorts. anyway i'll just shut up and stop giving mis-information;)

11. 51ChevPU

51ChevPU
    from Arizona

I have searched high and low for more pictures of the green 1956 Buick special from Australia. I think its an excellant example of doing more with less for a custom....

Can any HAMBERS down under help me find more pictures of this wonderful car....Thanks in advance.

12. sled56

sled56

56 Dodge Kingsway sedan.GM front clip, 2 doored, chopped 5" front 8" rear, split rear window, channeled 3", shaved, 350/350 8".

Attached Files:

13. Looks good comeon some of you n guys lets start one and show them what we build as well

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Sooooo many cool customs in this thread . Thanks to all who've added pics .

15. 55olds88

55olds88

I'm loving that Tudor'd EK, mine when in project mode had lines drawn in the dust showing the same mod.... the chop helps carry it off too, very cool I might have stuck with some more of the stock trim to confuse folks but thats just me :eek:)

16. kustom65

kustom65

That 52 is owned by guy named ray. He still has the car and it's ruby red.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. bridger

bridger

I'm with you no style at all . What's the go with that grill???

18. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

I'm moving back to Oz next year with my '54 Customline.....any idea where I can check out these NEW laws about importing N.American built cars?

19. Great to see this thread being brought back from the dead, tho I've gotta say, some of those kustoms should stay dead! :)

20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Flatbroke, depends on the modifications and being a personal import, things are a little different. What state are you going to reside in? I've seen quite a few cars come in that flew under the radar. I know of a 32 5 window that came in from CA as a rod as owner has been back and forth over the years residing in both countries. He paid the fees and submitted an import approval. Check out this site. http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/

21. rodl

rodl

22. No way! Has Ray finally painted it?

23. kustom65

kustom65

Well when I saw it last, which was about 2 yrs, it's was yes.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

24. Flatbroke.. You have to be very careful, if your car has had any serious mods eg. frame modifications, airbags, very low, non- standard motor, blowers etc etc they can send it back to the USA at your expense. This has only happened a few times. Basically you can only bring in a "collector car" If your car say was a 55 Chev and it has in it a motor dated after 1988 [modern fuel inj type thing say 1990's] its deemed a modifiction after 1988 and the car will be dated at that and wont be allowed in. Its the most stupid thing I have ever come across as when it comes time to license it it will have to be inspected and if modified would have to pass an engineer away, thats YOUR choice, YOUR money Pfft! dont get me started. Your will have to supply a picture of your car when you apply for an import permit too, and tell them if anything is non-standard. Since you have resided overseas for more than 12 months you can bring it in under another law , however I still believe it will its still subjected to no mods.

25. Tomkat39

Tomkat39

Kool F1 Kuda Zee!! Any body have any info on this Trk???

26. Wardog

Wardog

It's been a while. But I have made a bit of progress on the rear metal work.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

27. Wardog

Wardog

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

28. johnny two tone

johnny two tone
    from nj

thanks for the pictures a lot of greeeat kustoms johnny two tone

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

That looks great Wardog !! I might be able to get a free 46-8 4 door and have been thinkin a custom Ute...I shouldnt even look at these pics lol!

30. Some great cars and talent down there. Seen some great motorcycles come out of there as well.