Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gassers at Indy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WillysRule, Sep 3, 2012.

1. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Anyone have any pics or video yet of the gassers that were supposed to run at the US Nats? Rocky Pirrone's Big John replica was supposed to debut there. The Blew By You 55 Chevy and some others were supposed to run as well. Just curious to see who showed.

Thanks

2. redsdad

redsdad

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

heavy rain in Indy on Sunday

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012

4. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Thanks for the update guys.

5. hemipwd41willys

hemipwd41willys
    from Wyoming

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  6. Hey! No workie!

7. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Talked to Ed Kasciki on his way home. They were all invited back next weekend to run their eliminator.

8. Maybe Johnny Rocco It looks like his tribute car

9. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Anybody know how to make the ESPN link work without having to put in your life's history to create an account?

10. Works for me, only a few seconds long, Mike Dunn likes them but his counterpart can only talk about pro-stock motorcycles.

11. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

if i am not mistaken, Johnny Rocco died a few years ago.

12. smautobody

smautobody

Johnny Rocco drove the S.W.C. willys and Bones drove Big John willys

13. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

It was a great turnout, and a blast! So cool to see AA/GS cars running at the US Nationals after 40 years! I will post pics of the AA/GS Cars very soon!

14. Hey Steve, congrats to your dad & Jerry G. Low et and top speed w/ the Bizio Willys!

15. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

My congrats as well, the new alcohol engine must perform well. The old warhorse has had a pretty exciting life since Vintagegasser and I restored it back in 86-87. We really appreciate the loving care Jeff and Jerry have given to it. This shot was taken in 86.

16. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Here are the pics.

Attached Files:

17. AHotRod

AHotRod

Aaaah ..... more pictures please!

That is so very cool.

Love the paint job....

18. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I promised Jeff scanned copies of the entire restoration, got to get that done. Maybe a thread on the history on the truck from the mid-60's to present would be in order. I am sure Tom Willford would get on board, he made the resto happen and had some good times behind the wheel. Here is a shot at Fremont when it made it's return.

Attached Files:

19. And here it is today.........

[​IMG]

20. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Just one more.

Attached Files:

21. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

I'd love to see a thread on the history and restoration of the Bizio truck. One of my all time favorite gassers.

22. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

23. 296ardun

296ardun

So would I...I first saw it run in primer at Lion's in the '60s, looked really evil running in the night lights... I know it has been completely rebuilt but still amazing that it is still running more than 40 years later...the only part of the restoration story is that it was being run as a bracket car .. think it was Tom Wilford who restored it, even contacted Bizzio's wife for construction pictures, found almost all the parts except for the "beaver-shot" valve covers that Bizzio custom-made (probably that's as far as I want to go on that!!)...great car

24. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Sorry for the delay on posting pics of the build and semi/finished car. We built this car in ten weeks with the help of a ton of friends and Scott Leber of Scott Rods custom cars. To be honest, I didn't have time to take photos!

25. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

So what's stopping you from clicking some off now! (lol) I want to see some more of the new car.

So, how many of you guys are going back to Indy for the rain makeup?

26. I was at Indy Friday and saw the Gassers run. You guys put on a great show. It's a shame the SWC coupe didn't run better but it appeared not much prep went into getting the car ready for Indy.

It was very cool to see Bones make a pass. It's also a shame he won't be coming back for this weekend but very understandable.

Hopefully this becomes an annual event at Indy. The Gassers were a nice change from the John Force show....

27. beegator

beegator

Ah, somebody that get's it. :)

They put on the best show at the Gatornationals too. Rocky promised to get me photos and story to post on his website asap. You can see the build through powder coating if you click on the photo on his front page.