Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thank you Canepa family

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by techteacher, Jun 6, 2012.

1. techteacher

techteacher
    from Tusin

Well guy`s, the Canepa family - Jackie and Jean have agreed to let my Auto program at Laguna Hills HS/Coastline ROP put car #353 back together for them. If you`ve been following the posts here and on the LSR forum you know we`ve finally found the owner/driver`s name - Al Morris Jr. Can`t begin to tell you all how much this means to the Canepas' and our program. We should have the car down in OC by Sept. and begin the build. I`m also trying for a grant from the collectors foundation to build a matching early `60`s ford p/u to go along with the car. Same color, pinstriping, etc. with Don Canepa Racing on the side of the truck. It`s a big job but we`ve done a few resto`s so we have a good idea of what we want to accomplish. I have an ad on the classifieds for a trade - we have a `64 Galaxie we`re looking to trade for a `61-66 Ford truck. A Unibody would be awesome. Any leads you can throw at me? Keep that info coming in on Al Morris and 353 - every little bit helps. My students have been smiling all day after sharing this with them - stay tuned!

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Far out. So glad to hear this. Gary

3. Any discussions I have read involving and including the Canepa(girl) family it is obvious they are darn good and caring folks ... looking forward to pics on the resto.

4. AWESOME!

Hopefully you will be able to take pics and post for us to live vicariously through.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Very Cool - hope that you find what you are looking for and accomplish your goals.

6. speakfordadead

speakfordadead

As some of you know this is one of five projects left by our Pops to complete in his honor. It's an awesome story we will be posting as often as we can. Thanks to people on the HAMB we wil keep going. Thanks to Tim and his students for taking the initiative. Lots of hard work ahead, but your passion for this old car will be proof that good people with good intentions can do great things!