Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rodders and Bikers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

OUCH!

Slammed, when it comes to resentments, Its MUCH better to give than recieve...;):p
    And it has been fun. Even informative at times...

2. deto

deto

Samcro

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. slammed

slammed

Do the offenders have an HAMB friendly ride..........

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Tsk tsk. Take the fifth, it'll do you a world of good...;)

5. harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

The reason I hold my hand down to wave when I'm riding a bike, is because its easier than waving with my hand up. I wave to classic cars, bikes, and mopeds and scooters. I drive my chevy or a bike every day.

6. harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

And since I got my 53 ford flathead motor today and getting my model A frame tomorrow, I'll be starting my AV8 roadster project within 2 weeks. I plan to be waving more.

7. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

8. Yes dear (patting him on the head) we see you... Mom!... Mom!... Mom!... Mom!... Mom!... Mom!... Mom!... Mom!... Mom!... Mom!... No go outside and play.

9. moefuzz

moefuzz

Harley riders Will NOT wave or "Gesture" at anybody who appears to be riding a jap bike.
    In other words, If you ride a Harley, you are somehow better than those that ride Hondas.

10. Was a joke, thus the :D after the comment.

11. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

this guy picked a bad time to "plank"!(or check his gas.)

12. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

fuckin TC, i know that guy, hes a character:D

13. On his way to Pismo Beach, he must have made a wrong turn at Albuquerque :D

14. Now here's a "real" biker! RTR knows what it's all about. I wonder if he does "the wave"? ;)

Yep! Mine's built to go from one bar to another. Man that always seems to be a long distance. :D

You need to get your head out of your Chinese ass and learn something. Harleys have no Chinese parts and are not assembled in Mexico. Try Kansas City, MO and York, PA dumb shit.

Can you tell, I like Jap-scrap riders and their fucked-up mentality.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  15. Nope, he just got Sadie Hawkins syndrome, he's alookin for a man. :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Hawkins_Day

link for the uninformed.

16. chopperrob

chopperrob
    from ny

Everyone has a different reason for doing the wave and most dont even know why they do it. I heard a story long ago about its origin (the one i like to believe) and its my reason for doing the wave. According to lore There are motorcycle gremlins (AKA: Evil Road Spirits) These imps like to ride and will jump on as you go past causing you brake downs, wrecks and general bad luck. The wave is two fold 1. to warn the oncoming rider and 2. to sweep the road clean before he passes. As i said, its the story i like and is supposed to have a similar effect to hanging a bell on your foot board. Anyone else heard this?

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_gremlin_bell#ixzz25h1AzEVX

17. That's the first time I've heard either. Weird but kinda cool.

18. Larry T

Larry T

So now we have bells AND waves to get rid of gremlins. Must be pesky little buggers, I wonder if they get a comission off all the bells that get sold and hung on bikes?

19. http://www.afsinc.org/news/news.cfm?ItemNumber=6547

Your wheels and hubs won't be coming from Australia anymore.
    Think they will bring it back to USA?

Regardless it damn sure isn't here now.

Showa - cast in OHIO
    Honda- cast and assembled in OHIO (many plants)

Not getting off my Harley, but its not 100% American
    My 76 flh might be IDK for sure

20. Neither are (newer) Chevy trucks but I'm sure there are many here that own one.

21. I think he is really into Yahahama mamas.

I think if we called this thread, "The wave" we could probably get a new Seinfeld episode out of it. :rolleyes:

It has been entertaining, wannabes and neverweres telling all about how it is and what it means. Billet proof to Billet plus going all Billy bad Ass on us and the Jap bike riders bad mouthing something or some one who scares them so bad that they hate to leave the house.

All because someone on a bike of whatever caliber waved at someone in a car and he didn't know if that had any significance. Helloh, it means about as much as if someone in a caddy or a focus waves at you, maybe a little more of you secretly worship the fella on the motor cycle.

Oh and George is correct, if I had a chance I would own a desmorooter in a new york minute. It always amazed me that there was never a competitive Ducati flat tracker, they should have been a shoe in.

Well I am off to my nap, I'll check back to hear the replies of all that I have offended either purposely or inadvertently. Just in advance if it was on purpose you earned it and if it was not remember it is not all about you.

Well one more before I sleep.

Cheech and Chong did a story about buster the body crab once and I liked it real well and don't doubt that it was true as well. :rolleyes:

Now ad midevil England to the ignorance. :rolleyes:

22. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

Putting a left arm up is signaling a right turn (with more or less a 90* bend at the elbow). Putting it out is left and down w/a 90* elbow bend is slow/stop. Down at ~45* is the traditional "safe" "biker wave" ... cyclists do it too.

23. 4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul.Some old guy on the way back from sturgis told me that made cents to me.

24. Ha Ha! Now that's funny. I wonder if that'll fit in my signature. :D

Hey I remember Buster!

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

You better check again.

26. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Holy Crapola.....this thread is way too interesting !!
    My night out last night with my friend (that is paralyzed from the waist down from a motorcycle accident) was quite interesting......
    Went to a Lube Food Joint in Madison where it was Bike night....saw most everything described in this thread, both bikes and "Bikers" ???......even an electric motorcycle....
    I couldn't help but keep smiling as I notice most everything I was smiling at was posted here....and yes I did "The Appropriate Wave" to several bikes on the way up there.....
    At my age I don't really like riding in the dark, especially late at night, so was putting along about 60 mph on the Belt Line in Madison, and naturally got passed by many other bikes, including several crotch rockets.....Man those guys were NUTS.....not to mention dangerous...
    And yes all the crap talked about here I saw....as in at one point after 4 of them flew by me, they all slowed way down until I (and other traffic) was about 100 yards ahead of them, the two came by me doing wheelies at a minimum of ~75 mph....HOLY SHIT SHERLOCK....
    Anyway, had a great time with my good friend, and he was a happy camper when I left.....
    Cheers.....
    OH, and P&Beaner....wish you had been there too to share in all our "Stories" about past behavior.. !!! :D:eek::p

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  27. storm king

storm king

I guess that's what theads of all nature are about, talking crap.
    The wave, as my Dad told me, (an old Indian Motorcycle dealer) was simply for comradery, a sign that we're all out on the road together, and if you have a problem, I'm out here to help you, too. It was something that bonded us.
    When I first started riding, all motorcyclist waved, in one manner or another. Some with the arm like they were making a right hand turn (which was how we used to signal before turn signals were on all bikes) or the arm down and palm open.
    Harley guys waved regardless of brand affilitation because they weren't assholes back then. I didn't notice a change in the Harley guys until the '80's when all the Billy-Bad-Ass posers started riding.
    I've riden very few Harleys, but I come by it natural since my Dad was an Indian Dealer (back in the '50's, REAL Indians, not modern wanna-be's). Harley guys hated Indians back then, then the Brit bikes came along, and Indian went away, and the Harley guys hated the Brit bikes riders (which is what I used to ride), the Brit bikes went away as the Japs rose, and the Harley guys hated them. So my take away is that a certain percentage of Harley guys are just haters. I love motorcycles, I love to ride them, love to go very fast on them. I've run 7 seconds flat @ 192 MPH on my turbo nitrous Kawasaki funny bike.
    I've never understood how bike guys can't be car guys, and vice versa. It's all good.
    ...And I'll continue to wave at all motorcyclist, even kids on scooters, because yes, we're all out there, I am there to help if needed, and its all good, no matter who's badge in on the gas tank....

28. Most of Harley's custom line (use to be called Eagle Iron) is made everywhere including China and Tiawan. It has been that way for years so Harley had a line that could compete against companies like Custom Chrome and Tiawan Teddy's (aka: V-Twin) That is why I don't buy it because you can buy it from Custom Chrome or one of the many other suppliers for much less. Maybe the quality isn't quite as nice as the custom Harley labeled part but you're also not paying extra for the name. I'm sure there are hot rod parts and companies the same way. When I want a Harley specific part, I buy a Harley part not the custom line part. 95% of the time, that Harley part is made in the US. It is also no dark secret that the fork legs have been made in Japan (not China) for decades. I know my '74 and '75 both had "Made in Japan" on the bottom of the legs. So what! I'm not on a shit bike!

29. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

LMFAO, no chineese parts? I will assume you never been inside a twin cammmer . Go around your bike and make a list of the parts made in USA and the parts made elsewhere , tell me if you find a made in USA sticker anywhere ,
    I think the breakdown has shifted but was, Skirtsers as mexico, dynas KC , FLH PA, screaming eagles Milwaulkee . I'm pretty sure thats changed for the worse .
    Do you think all you new yorkers could get to work reliably if those subway cars where built by hardley instead of Kawasaki ? In Lincoln Nebraska btw ...hahahahahhahahahahaha .
    I go through this every weekend w the wannabes , I can end it quick by doing milage check, while the hardley brag about low milage and I tout 65xxx . Its only weekend warriors that run their mouth about my Jap bike, clubs have not fucked w me about it
    I'm not offended , keep trying ;):D:D

30. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Better check again. 95%? Not even close. :eek:

And thanks for the elitist comment. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.