Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have pictures of government Fairlanes?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stuckonda101, Mar 5, 2012.

1. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

I have a 63 Fairlane coded from the factory for government use. It still has the GSA Sticker on the glovebox. Although I'm sure that these cars were used stock and not modified by the government, I was wondering if anyone had pictures of any police or special purpose fairlanes (62-64) I was thingking it would be nice to do one up in border patrol, or Highway Patrol trim. What would be the legalities involved when using old logos?

2. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Maybe ask over at Woody's Fairlane site ????

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Government cars in the GSA pool that the Coast used were light grey with GSA info stenciled on the doors, no A/C, no radio, did have heat/defrost. The flatnose early Econoline we used in the Coast Guard was like that, as was the crewcab Dodge pickup at our CG Station and all the sedans used on the CG Base nearby.

4. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

woodys is pretty dead.

Correct me if im wrong but the GSA bought vehicles in bulk, and sold them to smaller government agencies also right? Ive been googling for hours and have not found one government fairlane except for this one

[​IMG]

it would be cool to do a light grey with gsa stencils, the tough part would be finding a picture to get the right font and markings on it

5. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

6. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

back to the top, maybe someone else has more info

7. oldolds

oldolds

I was thinking you should watch some old Drag Net. I think that was what they drove.
    Maybe even F.B.I. or Hawaii Five O. Some of those showes had episodes on GI bases or other gov't departments. Also showes were sponsored by Ford.

8. John Lafayette

John Lafayette

I don't have pictures but, In '71 or so my cousin bought a 1964 Fairlane 2 door that was drab green with tan interior. I think it was a 260, but had no options. He had plans for a 289 and 4-speed but totaled it instead. I can't remember what form of government it belonged to.

9. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

Thanks for the replies guys. Here's the sticker.... any tips on keeping it from deteriorating further?

[​IMG]

10. snaptwo

snaptwo

I bid on a '66 fairlane wagon, plain jane gray, rubber mats,289-3 speed. GSA had it . Went for $800. +,clutch was bad. Not my cup !

11. army and air force had a lot of 63 to 65 cars and trucks
    rember that the head of ford went into governement
    macnamara ??

12. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

yes mcnamara was in politics after leaving ford. I just havent found any pictures of any fairlanes, i mean most likely it was used without any markings or special badging during its service, although it has 2 metal caps where spotlights were. It really would make my year to find one with some agencies logo i can replicate.

13. 41 C28

41 C28

Government Fairlane?

Attached Files:

14. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

oh wow, thats nice, i think that one is a 65 if im not mistaken, great shot of the door! thanks a lot, this is precisely what im looking for. I found an old 63 police vehicle manual and it has 3 variants of the fairlane for law enforcement vehicles

-defender
    -ranger
    -sentry

judging by the specs of my car i had the ranger which is a 221 v8 with a fordomatic and 3.25 gear.. (that was an option ugh, shoulda left the 3 speed, lol) i also have the rubber floor mats still and the glove compartment light (what an option huh)

15. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

Yep. Definitely a '65.

16. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

i wonder how you guessed, lol... jk, thats one clean fairlane, have more pics or a link to more?