Register now to get rid of these ads!

So, What happened at Rumblefest over the Weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by griffincat, Sep 2, 2012.

1. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

These are the only pics I could get to upload from my phone....sorry about the size...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. rickl

rickl

Great pics. I missed the binder tow truck. this keeps me motivated to get mine going.

Beer must be really cheap in Wisconsin. I can't recall the last time I paid only $3 for a beer. Hopefully the tip jar was full. I enjoyed a few glasses of the Rumblefest ale. It was nice having more than Coors light on tap.

I've seen the Trashmen a few times. Always a great show. I've even become friends with the lead singer.

3. krooser

krooser

I grew up in Milwaukee and the Beer Lunch Program ripped us off, too!

I thought the Rumblefest Ale was pretty tasty...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I wonder if the guy who won the contest and named the event ever did get the t shirt he requested after he offered to let a veteran receive the prize?

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Is this your car? Is it and old Melius / Schwister car? Gary

[​IMG]

6. krooser

krooser

That's the old Miles Melius car now owned by John Surges of Milwaukee...

7. t5stang91

t5stang91

I didn't go for just the beer by any means, i didn't ride 2 hours just to drink, i went for the cars and music. I know that a show has to make money, maybe i should have not have had so high of hopes knowing that krooser was hoping for something comparative to symco. That is what i was comparing it to, i was at symco the first year also. So sorry i even mentioned a price of a beer.

8. If you set up a booth at a show in AZ with $3 beer, you will have a line around the block. Last show I was at those red cups (I dont know the size cause I dont drink) was $6 (wife drinks, still hits my wallet).

9. I respect everyones opinion and as a long time sponsor of the Shakedown I find some changes are refreshing.... this isnt Symco ...The venues of the Shakedown,Torque fest and the Iron whatever are fine but I dont mind seeing a variety of cars. Compairing this show to traditional hard core shows is no different than compairing the above shows to the Hunert car Pile-up...To each his own,,, as long as its not full of Camaros,Mustangs and Corvettes..Im good with it...........I set up Thursday in Amherst and I can say that I watched Rick set up ..Working like a one man army......He may be the hardest working man in the show world..Thank Rick!!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I could not make it due to schedules, as well as some other conflicts, but sure want to make it next year...
    My hat is off to krooser for even getting this off the ground...and it sounds like it was a definite success for the first time...
    Good Job !
    Cheers......

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Kelly - it is called the Iron Invasion - you may remember that since you posted in the thread.....
    oh - and correct spelling for Torque - only 1 U

I would say the show was a good first time event judging from the posts here.....
    the only thing that my friends have stated is that they thought this was a Traditional Hot Rod and Kustom show....( something that would be HAMB friendly....)
    I am guessing it is not since they were letting in all kinds of cars.

I still cant get over all that goes on up there in WI
    KKOA, Automotion, Cheaters show, Iola, Jefferson, Elkhart, Symco, Corn Roast, Heads Up and now you are going to add Mississippi Mayhem and the Blue Ribbon run for 2013.
    No need to leave the state ever!
    In Iowa - there is the Good Guys in Des Moines - Cruise to the Woods
    That is about it for "big"shows.
    I am sure I will be at a few of those up there over the course of the season next year.....
    Seeya in Beloit!
    wait - that is in WI too!!!!!

12. Well cool guy heres how I feel about traditional shows... The gorilla at the gate needs to really know what is traditional...If you cant remember the 60s cars being in the new car show room your to damn young to decide whats traditional ...Using some geeks idea of what he reads or thinks is tradition just dont cut it ..Guys that make money on privately owned shows want to tell hot rodders whats traditional and whats not...just to build a cult following and some dont even own a traditional car....I thought it was all about fun with cars....wow I feel better now....

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  13. Black Primer

Black Primer

Kelly you nailed it. I go to have fun and see new stuff, not be part of someone's inner circle.

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Small world... John and I are e-pals and I get their vintage racing club newsletter. I visited Milwaukee a few years ago and attended one of the last Champion Chicken shows. I saw "The Mouse" and Johnny Reimer duke it out a lot at the Waukegan Speedway when I was in high school, 62-66. For some reason I forgot John got that car. Gary

15. sorry i missed it....sounded like fun, just bad timning for me.....making plans for next year..

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

John...it is Elkhorn

and don't forget the Masterpiece!

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I will PM you - love to talk face to face so to speak.

18. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Just my two cents on the "Newer" cars at the "Traditional- Sorta" shows...
    I don't really like to see them either, especially the new "Alleged" hot Camaro's, Chargers, Mustangs, and so on....and yah that includes Corvettes too...:eek:

My personal solution would be to separate the cars as they come in with a large sign that clearly states a cut off year, as in '64 or earlier and '65 and newer....with arrows pointing each way....
    Then periodically have someone walk both areas and weed out the wrong ones...instead of expecting one person to be educated enough to do all the work at the gate.
    This is just a suggestion...and as previously stated, it sounds to me like this was a darn good job for the first outing !! :)
    I definitely plan on being there next year !
    Cheers......

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

But what do you do when a group of cars or a club comes in and they want to stay together, but a car or two in their group doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the their cars by the "judge?" Gary

20. WOW, a cool new car show and everyone wants to jump all over the show? Piss and moan about what cars showed up, complain about beer prices?
    If you got a problem, why don't you donate your time next year to help? Bet ya Rick would appreciate help...

21. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Uhhhh....maybe you need to back off a bit an re read my posts on this...before you get all bucky...
    I never complained about anything, and was very complimentary to all ...
    Just made a simple suggestion..and if able I will be more than glad to help out next year...
    Now go back to sniffing your toilet seat...:rolleyes:

22. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Good point Gary....I know you can't run these like the Gestapo :eek:...but I personally would not have a problem asking them to follow the rules...and move..
    Cheers....

23. krooser

krooser

24. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

25. Cool beans Rick!:cool:

26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

27. Yo yo my toilet seat sniffin homie....

wasn't directed at you...this is about Rick putting a lot of time into setting a show up for all of us, few things weren't as planned and people pissin and moaning about it.

FYI....bucky loves you...
    [​IMG]

28. I think after reading your pm's, meeting face to face may not be in your best interest.....

29. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

All is good my Man.....I may have snapped a bit premature at you...I just get sick of a lot of the negative comments all the time on here, and wasn't in the greatest mood myself at that time...
    Peace...:D
    Cheers......
    (and depending on who was on the toilet last .... sniffin' may not be that bad either... Bahahhah)

30. hahaha......first beer next year at rumble fest is on me...