Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swi66

swi66

2. swi66

swi66

3. [​IMG]
    photo: LIFE online archives

4. [​IMG]
    photo: LIFE online archives

5. [​IMG]
    photo: WSU online archives

6. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Geez, poor people back then only having such a limited choice in new cars:rolleyes::eek:.

Don't you just wish?..................:eek::(

Doc.

8. 11E

11E
    from USA

Used to see that all the time when I was a kid in Florida in the early '60's, up and down the local streets. For all of Rachel Carlson's (successful) efforts at getting it banned, it was effective at insect and disease control. Presumably, she never had typhus, malaria or dengue fever.

There was also a converted B-17 out at Holman Field that dropped some kind of pellets, I think for fireants, but it might have been DDT also.

9. lewislynn

lewislynn

Speaking of watermelons, Bill Clinton is from Hope Arkansas

10. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

Life Magazine cover from October 1965
    [​IMG]

Turns out this lady is Elizabeth Louise Malamalamaokalani White Logue. This is how she looked on September 20 1968.
    [​IMG]

She still looks that way today in reruns of Hawaii 5-0. Elizabeth was the beautiful Hawaiian woman running down the beach, pulling a clip from her hair and then finally, with raven tresses flowing, a headshot of a dramatic head rocking turn facing the camera.

[​IMG]

Jack Lord made the same turn. Jack is cool but Elizabeth looked hot. Elizabeth Louise Malamalamaokalani Logue is still alive and well at 71 years old. There were unfounded reports of her death some years ago. She was Miss Air Force ROTC 1959, before becoming one of the original poster girls for the 1960s Hawaiian Visitor’s Bureau, then appearing in the opening credits of Hawaii Five-0 (By the way, the hula dancer in those opening credits was Helen Kuoha-Torco, who went on to become professor of business technology at Windward Community College on Oahu, and still has her SAG card.), Elizabeth “Five-0″ Logue stepped out of the limelight in the 70s and maintains a low profile.

Attached Files:

11. DrJ

DrJ

So?
    I bet your grandpa was from that part of the country too, mine was.

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Drank plenty of that beer when I was in Minnesota back in the late 80s,its the only beer I got tired of drinking since we had cases of it taller then the fridge. The last couple days of the trip I had to drink something else.

13. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Maybe it was artistic license, but that's an awful big Crosley!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats advertising!!!----Streching the TRUTH!!

15. Richflash

Richflash
    from NH

Cambridge Mass,JENNEY GAS!

16. empire

empire

[​IMG]

Basil Rathbone and Boris Karloff getting cake on the set of Son of Frankenstein.

17. empire

empire

[​IMG]

“I’d rather die than be the cause of any hurt or harm coming to you, Baby, because I love you so much… I wish I was your age again- perhaps a few years older-and-no ties of any kind-no responsibilities- it would be so lovely, for there would be so many long years ahead for us instead of a few possible ones.” -Humphrey Bogart in a letter to Lauren Bacall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.