Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wisconsin KKOA show a go for 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by da dodge brother, Sep 3, 2012.

1. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

View attachment 1841566 No real particulars as of yet, but it seems all systems should be a go for 2013. One big thing is a DATE CHANGE. We have to get out of that July August slot. Way to full. So with that in mind mark your calendars for May 24, 25, 2013. We may go for the 26th. and will keep you informed. The park is secured and we're again working with the Holiday Inn for our headquarters. Oh, and a possible name change ??? We'll see..;););)

--- CLICK THUMBNAIL TO ENLARGE ---

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

good to hear that the event will continue

PLEASE begin promoting. I hear another show has moved to this very same date.

so get ahead of them and Promote, Promote, Promote!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  3. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Mr. Bob Wop sir ... WHO and WHERE and WHAT ????

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Rust Revival in Wayland, MO

They are changing their date for 2013.

Personally, I wouldn't be super concerned. I feel the two shows attract totally different crowds. Yes, there would be a few crossovers, but not enough to make the difference. Plus the distance is far enough not to worry about.

but no matter what, you need to Promote, Promote, Promote.

5. bobwop,

I agree about the promote. Especially, locally. The number of custom cars in Wisconsin is not excessive. I saw Wisconsin custom cars at Rumblefest and the Corn Roast that should have been at the KKOA gorilla stomp.

We have 2 more months of car shows in Wisconsin and Jefferson swap meet. I would expect to see flyers or posters, this year, promoting the 2013 Wisconsin KKOA event, considering the event will be May, 2013.

The atypical HAMB crowd didn't attend this years event in any significant numbers so, the promote, promote efforts must go to the custom cars and their enthusiasts, where ever they are.

Curt R

6. Most of the guys in my circle will be at the Rust Revival. They get 400-500 cars from all over the midwest. It is an established show and will draw most everyone in the traditional hot rod world from IL, MO, IA, and that area.

What is the draw to this event other than to park our car in the grassy area and sit behind it in a lawn chair?

7. well some of us old farts sit on the lawn chair behind the car:D
    and its a different crowd mostly older guys

hey i have done the other shows and can tolerate them too
    but kinda like the laid back show with good customs and lots of old people

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

radical custom cars are what would draw me to KKOA

beer, minibikes, ratrods, tough guys...not so much

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is good news, I'm gonna try to make it up for the show. Its been to long since I've
    been on that long of a road trip with the Merc. Rust Revival will not effect you enough
    to be a concern. It is a good show just completly different type of show. Last years show
    started a good foundation for you to build on. Good luck, I'll do what I can to help out.

Happy Trails, Mick

10. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I wanted to make it this year but had other things I couldn't miss. Next year for sure though! I'd rather see Beautiful cars sitting than mini bikes and rockabilly bands and orca Bettie's...

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

I agree 2 different shows! There might be a couple guys it might detour but two different breads I would prefer the kkoa show just my thought

12. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Im gonna try to be there one way or another...if you have an "IN PROGRESS" corral Ill be happy to put mine in there. If not, Ill park in the parking lot with the other dailys'. I really like the spring and fall shows!!! If you need someone to handout flyers on the western side of the state, let me know.....

13. shubxdan

shubxdan

promoting is a very good thing.seems like the more you get out there the better.let's no make this a pissing contest.some people don't go to far for a show.i like to just see the different cars and people.young or old we have a coumon conection.

14. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

In progress are just as welcome as the shiny ones. Throughout the day it's called a "Prime an Shine". Hope to meet with you come May 2013 ....

15. Really?!? We did support your show, we begged you not to cancel it in 2011. Maybe you don't remember talking on the phone with louverdude and i last year? My group of friends all were planning on going and it was a lot more than 6 cars. A lot of us showed up at rumblefest if you noticed. We would have came if KKOA wasn't the weekend after symco this year. It takes well over a hundred volunteers to put on symco, most of which are custom car owners within 200 miles of your show. A lot of people take vacation for our show and are pretty tired and spent their money after a long weekend. Maybe if at least a little effort was put into promotion of this event people would show up and we would if it was on a decent weekend. I'm not being high and mighty, you can take it like that, whatever. The reality is that at least a dozen cars in Wisconsin, that I know would be at a KKOA event, go to the rust revival each year. All custom cars including a '32 with a blown flathead. Not to mention a ton of Illinois and Iowa folks go to wayland. Many of which go to Salina and know KKOA. Rust revival is five years strong. Pick a weekend and go up against a regular car show. You may think you are loosing just a few cars but it is more than you think. I picked up dozens of people and cars from promoting in wayland missouri and I'd be glad to show you the list. The car scene is a lot larger south of Wisconsin but I guess I'm just an idiot that doesn't know anything. Go to iron invasion this weekend and see what a first year show should be like when you promote it right. Give them a reason to go to the KKOA North show and people will come. Sure it's a different type of event but the custom car world isn't that large. You are promoting it here on this site which strongly supports breeder and a very established show in wayland. It's like saying I don't loose people to Sturgis and Bonneville because they are so far away. I do and it is significant. You know Bob K. He goes to rust revival. His click will go to KKOA on the right weekend. Pick a weekend that is HAMB friendly and promote it well here and ill bet you'll get 30 more cars show up.
    You ask for advise here but don't realize there are people who did support KKOA north but are disappointed because their plans in 2011 were canceled and then couldn't go last year as well because of the date. I'm certainly one on that list. I'm sorry I want to attend your event I guess.

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

if I remember correctly, Rust Revival decided to switch weekends.

No matter what you do, it is hard to avoid conflicting with another show.

Don't be sorry Cliffy. It is okay if you decide to go to Wayland.

the KKOA show will survive without you.

17. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Been getting some inquiries as to why nothing new has been posted recently as to whats happening with the KKOA Wisconsin show for 2013. Well we thought we had the park all secured but ran into a little snag. The event is held in a city park and that park is used heavily throughout the summer months. So with our new date schedule we had to make sure that the park was available and then get all the I's dotted and T's crossed again. Well we're hoping all that will be accomplished before or right after the first of the year. We do have the park secured for the new date May 24, 25, 26, 2013. Now we have to get the rest of the paperwork in order. All is set with the KKOA. Jerry's ready to work this event into making this one of the major Kustom events of the North area. Hope to have complete info. on the show soon. Stay tuned to our website for updates. www.kkoanorthevent.yolasite.com ...

KKOA NORTH EVENT
    STEVENS POINT WI.
    MAY 24, 25, 26, 2013

--- CLICK THUMBNAIL TO ENLARGE ---

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  18. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Been MIA for a long time. Sorry gang. Lots going on.
    RUST REVIVAL MAY 31st and JUNE 1st! :)
    Bobwop! Tough guys? The hell are you talking about? Seems to me you like running your mouth about our show yet I can't recall how many times I've seen ya at it!

19. bob cutler

bob cutler

breeder cant wait for spring see ya in may, may hit you up for some flyers to hand out!

20. 1 bootlegger

1 bootlegger

Looking forward to this event , Remember all the good Kustoms that would come to Point for Spud City Nationals.

21. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  22. lavender lady

lavender lady

Intresting to see that most of all the cars pictured are from the Stevens Point area. Maybe you could have shown a few of the otheres rather than just show off your own rides..:(

23. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another announcement turns into a pissing match.

24. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

I'm sure Lavender Lady was doing this with tongue in cheek. Of all the cars posted on our site I think only one or two are local. The rest are out of area. I believe some humor was being passed on here...AND ... Just received word that the Holiday Inn, our headquarters hotel, has extended the date for the special KKOA show rate until April 30. Get your reservations in now . Just use the rate code KKA or be sure to tell them that you are with the KKOA event.... www.kkoanorthevent.yolasite.com

Attached Files: