Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Some people treat post count like it means something of value other then you can't shut the hell up... LOL In reality it relates directly to penis size... ;)

This made me laugh out loud!

I posted 4 wreckers recently, one of them is mine and I drive it daily... re-post the photo of the one in question! :D

2. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I peeped at your page it's yours alright ..Wow I can only wish and dream.That is awesome!I think its the 36.

3. mopar92

mopar92

I saved this 383 Cuda. Also saved this 40 Ford Pickup... it had some sort of Mercury flathead in it.

Attached Files:

4. mopar92

mopar92

more...

What is left of a Hemi Challenger 4 speed car that was hit in the rear... I bought the engine and transmission from the Challenger. I also bought the VIN and radiator support. I framed the VIN tag and rad support stamping so some jackwagon wouldn't do a body switch and fudge a 318 car as a Hemi car.... that VIN is safe and sound away from the bad guys of the recreations of the world.

Attached Files:

5. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

6. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

7. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

8. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Thanks man, it's my daily driver!

OMG, Quoted photos, we're all going to die!

I have one of those woody taillights in new condition, I would love to have a second one.

Is this in the wrecking yard you work at? I am looking for the corner windows from a Dodge Pilot cab along with a couple inches of the surrounding steel to put into my 36 tow truck.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  9. LN7,

Man, I wish I were closer!!!

[​IMG]

10. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I have one of those woody taillights in new condition, I would love to have a second one.

Is this in the wrecking yard you work at? I am looking for the corner windows from a Dodge Pilot cab along with a couple inches of the surrounding steel to put into my 36 tow truck.[/QUOTE]

Both of these are on Anchorage Cl .If they were at my work I'd get everything I could off them and send you the tail light.:)

11. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Hell i know where 2 Ford Woody's & a 46 Merc woody are slowly rotting away,:mad: this what happen when folks with no clue on $$'s but what they see on T.V!
    From your photos it looks like rust is the 'new' gold up there!:D

12. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

:DSure is.I wish I could save them all and give them away.

13. RayMiller

RayMiller

14. Too true. They're cool, but you have to sit on them forever if you try to sell them.

I heard the following joke told about an Oldsmobile Diesel, but I guess you could insert "Corvair" in it's place....

Q: What's the difference between Syphilis and an Oldsmobile Diesel?

A: You can get rid of Syphilis.

15. not45blesk

not45blesk

16. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Any one ever see these before ? Isuzu Bellel diesel [​IMG][​IMG]

17. George G

George G

There was one of these by stony plain years ago.

18. That's a first for me.

My older brother had a 1979 Datsun diesel 4 door sedan....totally hideous looking but indestructible and it got superb gas mileage.

19. RussK

RussK
    from Atlanta Ga

With fuel prices what they are I would like to have that

20. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Yeah I been driving a 71 220 diesel Mercedes to get the kid to school and to work and back barely uses half a tank in 7 days !!!

21. RussK

RussK
    from Atlanta Ga

I have a 01 F250 7.3 that i run used trans fluid for fuel (FREE from work), about a 90% used ATF 10% unleaded to thin it out with the amount i spend it comes up to 65-85 MPG

22. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Wow ! nice ..The best I can do up here is heating oil which is the same just no road tax.

23. More importantly, try adding a carriage return (press ENTER) between the photos so they aren't so wide and will line up above ea other.

Like this one....

24. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Is it really that important ?

25. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

I have searched everywhere looking for the perfect part for whatever project. You guys find some incredible stuff. Post your pics! We'll find them on the page. Easier than walking every timberline in sight to see one...... just to remember your camera is back in the 49.

26. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

At least they are safe, I took those photos just before I moved them for the owner who has a rather nice collection of 26-31 Chevrolet's, we moved them to a less grassy area without trees over them to keep them safer, none of them are projects just parts cars/trucks and eye candy for the side of his yard.

You're such a nice guy! :D

Uh oh, better develop a personality and learn to cook then! ;)

No kidding? When I find that sort of thing in our neck of the woods it seems to be very expensive or already in a stack at Maple Leaf scrap. :(

A very good point.

I think browsers make a difference in that sort of thing too, IE is the worst you could use, on Firefox and Chrome unspaced images are still over under unless they are smaller then my browser window I've noticed.

27. uncle buck

uncle buck

58 vette

Attached Files:

28. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Ready to hop in and drive to your favourite cruise in in comparison to this one that was on eBay a few years back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

29. imanut

imanut

Near my family's property up in New Hampshire. The kids call it "Oldcar" trail.

Attached Files:

30. @EsterEddie--I used to have one of those 'bug eye" Dodge A-100 vans, mine was a '69 but they were the same from '64-'69. If nothing else, get the steering box and column out of it. It's a GM Saginaw box designed for side steer, can be used for many side steer applications. I saved the steering box out of my '69 when I junked it, after stubbing my toe on it for the 73rd time, I gave it to a friend who used it in his '21 Stude roadster. Worked great, that old Dodge had the easiest non-power steering I ever drove.