Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest THE INVASION! A Blow-Out, and A HAMBer to the Rescue! (Scotty, You Rule!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MissPrint, Sep 3, 2012.

1. MissPrint

MissPrint

Just wanted to give a couple of shout outs, to the remarkable people who make up this community we call the HAMB!

Haven't been around a lot lately, with the new job (founding a new school takes a lot of work! :D), and working 12-14 hour days, and many other distractions. . .so Jim (Kustom7777) and I decided to take off this weekend, for some well deserved time off, to one of our favorite car shows in Texas, THE INVASION! in Deep Ellum, TX.

Not only are the THEM! guys TOP NOTCH, seeing Big Sandy, Los Straitjackets, but seeing old friends, making new ones, seeing some outstanding cars, made for an INCREDIBLE weekend. Simply put, I love this show. :D

We cannot begin to thank y'all enough. :cool::D:cool:

But the kicker for the day came when we headed back to Austin and blew a tire on the Edsel. Yup. No spare (had a tire, but not mounted :( ).

Lo and behold, Scotty Baccus, and his loverly bride, saw us on the side of the road, backed up, helped us with an extra jack, drove us 15 miles into Hillsboro, waited at the Walmart while we got a new tire, drove us 15 miles back and waited until we were safe and back on the road. :D

I cannot begin to thank Scotty and his wife enough for taking the time and the energy out of their day to help us out. It is rare in today's world that someone would be so incredibly generous, and even more representative of the very best of the best that I've come to cherish and love about the people who make up this community.

Scotty rules. HAMBers rule. Plain and simple. :cool:

2. Elrod

Elrod

It was great seeing you and Jim! Glad the tire blow out didn't turn into bad news. Linda and I will see you guys again soon!

3. moter

moter

Yea...Scottie can show up at te craziest times when ya need him! Cept he was 35 miles ahead of us when we had a flat...lol

4. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Glad you got some help, it was too fucking hot to be stranded for long. I had a little issue myself, went to leave about 10pm or so and lost all lights except for my brakes... That was a fuuun trip home. See you guys next year!

5. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

You sent me to be fodder for the speed traps!

6. MissPrint

MissPrint

I think that has more to do with your "lead foot" than anything else ;)

Again, a million thanks! Cannot begin to tell you how much we appreciate you. . .

Now. . .to change out the tires/wheels on the Edsel. I keep having too many sidewall blowouts for this to be a mere coincidence.

My car is tooooo dayum heavy for little tires. . .:rolleyes: Either she's gotta lose some weight or I need to get a new set up :D

7. moter

moter

YES!! Scotty is on a first name basis with the Clerk of the Court in Williamson County :p