Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need every ones honest opinion on a trade I've been offered.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrioxinKustoms, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Does the truck have GMC running gear? I like the truck.

2. Nonstop

Nonstop
    from CA

Hard to tell without knowing more about the details of each one. What other cars do you have? Have a truck already? Take the Lincoln then. Your kid is also only going to get bigger! Lincoln keeps looking better!

3. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Both run and drive, are tagged and titled. The truck is from Arizona and is mostly original with a 235 and I think a 3 on the tree? Not 100% on the tranny though.

4. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Well, I'm gonna' chime in...
    The truck seems more practical.
    It's what you want out of the final deal, what your uses may be from the vehicle in mind.
    For two people, the truck would be perfect.

5. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

I agree, but he is having a hard time deciding between the two, so he likes the looks of the Lincoln. That being said, keep the Lincoln. You can always find another GMC.

6. I've spent a lot of time looking at that Lincoln and still can't see the ugly...
    Did 49ratfink see some gross fatty sitting on it?

7. wingnuts

wingnuts
    from Ephrata Pa

lincoln all the way!! give it a kool paint job, it will be worth more than that truck, and be more friendly with your family when you cruise, just my two cents!!!

8. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Personally, I like the Lincoln. But if you have built cars in the past, you will know the difference in building something more common, and something rarer. Availability of used parts, aftermarket parts (reproductions) and information availability.

9. personnelly ive allways loved the 55-59 chevy/gmcs id trade him

10. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

The GMC would be my choice but go with your gut.

11. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Gene Winfield begs to differ;

[​IMG]

And this one;
    http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/images/photo/2008/09/07/0907-lead/24807031.JPG

And this one;
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3556/3352145559_ba62b480d0.jpg

Just to show 3 customs from back in the day.

12. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

I like trucks as much as the next guy and I've owned several cool trucks, but that Linc is bad ass!

13. I think it gets down to the one you like best, unless you are doing it to make money. I would take the motor out of the Lincoln and put it in the truck:eek:

14. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

15. A Rodder

A Rodder

Coming from an former Edsel owner, I know of owning a car that is cool but not real sellable. IF that is the only consideration. Trade him. But I wouldn't do it because the truck is cooler, I have never liked those trucks and never will. But, I think it will be easier to sell if you needed to.

Playing the what if game is fun, but if you don't need to sell the truck than I think the trade is not a good one, the Lincoln is way cooler. And you know it's reliability and quirks.

16. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

You can seat more girls in the Lincoln but only one has a bed.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  17. violet springs

violet springs

I could be wrong, but, the Lincoln looks like it would cost more to finish than the truck, if you have the budget to finish the Lincoln that would be the vehicle that I would choose, if not take the truck.

18. A Rodder

A Rodder

To add my experience for clarity, I wanted to sell my Edsel. I had it on here and CL for a month or so with zero interest. Took it to a great local swap meet and only heard "nice car......for an Edsel". So I had a guy that wanted to trade a 49 fastback two door Chevy with a clip, shaved handles, painted grill and bumpers, yellow with flames etc. A real terd. But I knew it was my out. I traded and then traded that for a car that was really sellable, and sold it.

So, if it is a means to the end, do it.

19. If you're always going to Home Depot and hoedowns get the truck.

But if you're always going to cruise nights and car shows keep the Lincoln. :cool:

20. the balls

the balls

trucks are awesome easy to build and u can go in many directions with the build but i did notice the truck is on a trailer and the car is on the street in my opinion you cant lose whatever route you take

21. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

I would agree, but he has a Ford motor in the Lincoln. :(

22. Check out the posts, see if there's more trucks or Lincoln's. I believe you'll find more trucks and they probably have one of those rare small block Chevys.
    Don't drink the koolaid, be different from the crowd, that Lincoln is way cooler than the bellybutton truck. I'll bet it's rarer and worth way more too.

23. Ruggie

Ruggie

Keep the Lincon.

24. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

And then I thought...What would Watson say?
    [​IMG]

25. metal man

metal man

I like them both too. For me it would come down to keeping the one with the least rust. I hate fixing rust.

26. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

I would go with the one that is the most reliable .. unless you have tons of cash ... then I would keep the Lincoln.

27. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

Chevy dude here, ANNNND I like that style of truck, BUT, you said that the Lincoln is reliable, that you have all the trim for it, that the interior is almost done, and from the pics the chrome looks nice. So, I have to vote for the stinkin' Lincoln! Paint it, clean those whitewalls, and drive it!

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I like cars more than trucks, so.... keep the Lincoln.

29. fortynut

fortynut

I can't imagine you using any of the opinions set forth to answer your question. Trading is subjective, and in reality is little more than a means to get what you want --- no matter how you define 'want'. Some people trade out a need to trade, and the buzz of changing shucks for cobs is what they want. As for the difference in items, you already know what you have, the question is do you want something else, and are you willing to let go of a known for an unknown? Stuff is quantifiable by description, size, weight, monetary value. Desire is not. People never get 'skinned' in a trade, if they truly get what they want. The problem is that the feeling aka buyer's remorse causes many to think they were rooked. A knowledgeable trader knows well in advance if he wants to trade for something, even without thinking about it. This is called gut instinct. My advice is not ask people what they think and go with your 'gut instinct'. Otherwise you're second guessing yourself, and after you've traded will have those empty feelings that inevitably lead to regret and self recrimination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.