Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shades of the past 2012 next weekend!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thenextMOE, Sep 3, 2012.

1. thenextMOE

thenextMOE
    from Georgia

Next weekend September 7-8 in pigeon forge Tennessee! Who's goin?

2. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

I have plans of being there. But they are calling for rain again for the next weekend for Shades. As you know that can all change though. I am going to try to buy a few parts for my 71 Chevy truck at some of the Vendors that should be set up there.

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

National Weather Service is calling for less than 20 per cent chance of the wet stuff.

:)

4. Hey,If it does rain the show is on asphalt now and on a hill,,so no one will get stuck or muddy.

The first year the show moved to Splash Mountain it rained but we still had a great time. HRP

5. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

I'll be there Friday afternoon through Sunday midday. First timer ... Can't wait

6. Bounder

Bounder

Me too, first time to attend "Shades" but have dodged and cussed the traffic many times in the past. Just wanted to get home from the Berg, should have hung around and enjoyed.

7. 'Going to drive over for the day on Saturday if it isn't raining.

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

9. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

10. 40grit

40grit

Leavin Wednesday. See y'all there.....

11. Bounder

Bounder

Gonna come to the Lazy Bear and find me a Ooltewah Speed Shop guy. Probably fri evening or sat morning.

12. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Leaving Thursday Am. Taking our time. Be there around mid afternoon. See ya'll there. If you see us cruising in the Poncho pull us over! :)

48 Poncho

13. Hey guys, don't forget the Dixie Gas show is going Thurs/Fri on out hwy 411, about 8-9 miles from Sevierville toward Newport. One of the bigger gas pump/sign/oilcan/coke machine/etc swaps in the southeast. Somethin' to do other than fight traffic :eek: ;)

14. Be there Wednesday....

15. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

830 appointment in the morning and as soon as I can get finished (30-45 minutes) I will point Blackie south and head down 23 to Kingsport and then west to Pigeon Forge.

Three hours to get to the PF exit and three hours to make the last 15 miles to the hotel............:D

Could all of you just wait till I get to the hotel before you leave???:eek:

16. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Cant make "Shades" , but , makin the Fall Rod Run the following weekend...:D

Attached Files:

17. richbud

richbud
    from east tenn

i will be there fri and sat take a look for me guys

Attached Files:

18. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

every where I look, their calling for 60% chance of rain on saturday. I just hope its not like the first show at splash country...it was a monsoon,lol..it'll be fun regardless. hope to see more of you this time around.

19. bblue34

bblue34

My wife and i are going ...Shes looking forward to new location....

20. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I'll definitely have a tarp and straps with me this trip. Rain looks like a Fo Sho on saturday.... :mad: Still going either way. If it's raining, we'll just have to start a party at the motel earlier than planned.

21. 440 deluxe

440 deluxe

well be there. leaving in the willys in the morning. camping with the kids. momma and them will be in the suburban. see ya there. be safe...

22. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Even IF ... it rains on Saturday, the area is paved so it will not be a muddy mess like it always was at the old location.

My CAR is 80 years old and been wet quite a few times ... :D

[​IMG]

23. We are in Pigeon Forge now,,raining cats & dogs when we left South Carolina this morning,,,weather is nice and sunny,,and a little hot here.

This is the first trip out with the sedan and we didn't have any problems. HRP

24. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Thanks for the weather report HRP. Forecast says 20% the rest of the week. Glad you guys made it OK.

48 Poncho

25. thenextMOE

thenextMOE
    from Georgia

leaving in the morning myself, i'll keep an eye out for yah

26. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

We made the scene about 9pm. Big crowd for a thursday night. About 10 showed up immediately... The balcony at the Lazy Bear is the best spot on the strip. Show tomorrow then back here for car watching and Moonshine....

27. greazy john

greazy john

be there today, always a good time...then there's next weekend for the grand run...lots of honeys to check out !!!!

28. Jeff J

Jeff J

Yup in line. took a couple shots of the cars there from the hill looking down!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  29. Jeff J

Jeff J

The show was good on saturday overcast and cool with a little rain in the afternoon. Wonder if this is Nick's H. old car in primer with the red roof ?

Attached Files:

30. Thanks for posting, Jeff. Nice shots. That beautiful green '40 p/u belongs to long time East Tennessee racer, L.D. Ottinger, 2-time NASCAR Late-Model Champion who competed for many yrs. on the Busch (now Nationwide) Series. He now spends his "retirement" building some outstanding hot rods..................Don.