Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motorcraft Carburetors, Tub Full! What to do with em??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Le_Bear, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

Hello, I am looking to dispose of a number of older carburetors, which had been saved by a longtime Ford Repair Tech. They are Motorcraft carbs, 6 One Barrel, 7 Two Bbl, 2 Four Bbl, and 6 oldstyle Pump/Filter units. They are mostly complete to the best of my knowledge.

Any ideas as to what to do with these, as well as their value would be very much appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

seems my photos don't post? here are link addys, http://upsimple.com/view/anonymous/26200.jpg and http://upsimple.com/view/anonymous/26201.jpg
    if you want better resolution or specific shots I'll be happy to provide them.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. Turn them into neat light fixtures? I've seen quite a few done right, and lets face it the carbs are toast. Best of luck with whatever you do with them

3. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

What do you mean they're toast? Why would they be toast? I really don't understand that

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Pics do not appear for me..

5. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

6. Weldemup

Weldemup
    from Central,NY

It used to be that Motorcraft 2-barrels were the hot set-up for off-road guys.
    They can still function at extreme angles(hillclimb) and handle rough and bumpy off-roading.

7. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

If you have a 2 bbl that's all there but needs rebuilding, a buddy of mine here in NY is looking for one. If you're interested pm me with a price so I can relay the info.

8. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

Thanks Weldum! I'll see if I can find an off-road forum somehow. That's cool man! Thanks again :)

9. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

Hey Rich :) That's really why I'm in the general forum here, looking for info on just what to do with them, and what they're worth now. I couldn't really post in the for sale threads, because I didn't have them priced, and there's a set price requirement there. If you want to pm me an offer, I will certainly consider it, but I'm basically looking/hoping here to find ideas on how best to deal with these.

10. eBay. One at a time. Start at $9.99. No reserve. Whatever happens, happens.

11. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

Thanks Rusty. I haven't been on Ebay for a long time, but just might give it another shot ; )

12. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Check the code on the side of the 2100 series 2 barrels.Any with a 1.08 will bring $20.00 minimum.

13. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

Thanks, PD. The tags are on most of them, will those numbers be elsewhere? Stamped onto the body?

14. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I'll get ahold of the guy and see what he's willing to give and pm you , Thanks

15. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

Cool! Ok Rich :)

I haven't really gotten around to checking for the codes on them yet Partsdawg,but I will soon. Thanks Man!

16. Find the part numbers, search on google, seems almost too easy, huh? :rolleyes:

17. danielpreciad

danielpreciad
    from london

I've seen quite a few done right[​IMG]

18. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Those 2 bbls ebay pretty good if they are complete and have a tag number. I had saved about a dozen or so over the years and a guy with an ebay business bought all of the complete ones. I hoard the manual choke ones.
    Here's a couple I'm using, seem to work real good so far..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

The Motorcraft 4V are usually good movers. Epay prices start out around 40-50$. IMO the best 4V carb to run on the street. Good performance, easy to tune & trouble free.

20. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Numbers are cast in a round circle on the side.The rod reaching from the accelerator pump to the linkage can obscure the numbers at times.

21. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

You have a few "94s" in that pile. Unless they are corroded into the dark ages they are either rebuildable or at least a source for parts. The one in the upper left is a 7rt...the last version. The others are earlier.

Clean 'me up and check the model numbers on the side of the float bowl.

Best case scenario, the earlier ones could fetch about $50.00 each. if they're parts only maybe $5.00-$10.00

22. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

Wow! Thanks a lot fellas! I read a comment just from inside an email and didn't really visit the thread, and didn't realize there were comments coming in I didn't know about, my apologies.

23. 94s I had a local guy who'd buy them $20 a shot, no idea what he did with them. They're probably worth posting here in the classified.

24. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

Nice looking setup WillowBilly3. I have an old hood out in the woods about that year, it's trampled all to hell, but funny thing is, I don't think it's rusted. I need to drag that thing out of there and see what it is. Thanks for your input :)

25. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

Thanks Rusty, I need to get busy and get all those numbers off of them. Is the "94" in the model number?

26. RAYT

RAYT

I'd like to get a 4 barrel. Let me know how and how much

27. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

Hello Ray, I'll get them out sometime today, I'm in the midst of a couple other projects at the moment(sittin here now, typing with dirty fingers, but needed a break), and I'll get those numbers off of them so you'll know what they are. I'll message you my email, we'll come up to some reasonable deal on it. Is Redwood City in California? I'm in SE Oklahoma. It might fit well enough in a flat rate box, I'll have to check that too

28. Larry T

Larry T

The old Motorcraft/Autolite 2 bbls. from the 70s are as simple and dependable as any carb you'll ever find. Don't sell them by the pound, they're worth more than that.
    Larry

29. 1952henry

1952henry

No, the 7RTs were pickup/truck carburetors. They went up to 53, the EAB went from 52-53 in cars.

30. Le_Bear

Le_Bear
    from OK

I looked for numbers on the body but only found an 11 on the 1st, and a 21 on the second. They look extremely similar except there are some differences, one I noted, although I didn't exactly study it, was one having no extra opening in an exiting tube, and the other having a threaded plug there.
    The tag on the 1st one, line one, MotorCraft, line two is D5VE AD and line three F 4J 25
    Tag on the second has on line one D 7T E, line two CSA, and line three A 7M 8

The one I've noted as "1st" is much cleaner on the outside

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012