Register now to get rid of these ads!

car shows???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by psycho sean, Aug 29, 2012.

1. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

We had to bail them out .....why the hell should we give them our trophies too .
    I don't do shows ....unless its a wet t-shirt contest.

2. Now that's a scarry vision..............

You in a wet t-shirt contest! :eek:

Oh my eyes... my eyes.... :cool:

3. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

The cool guys don't do shows, they just bitch about em'.

4. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

I just smoked a damn seed!:mad:

5. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I just got laid ....& don't ask for pix either .

6. olds vroom

olds vroom

The people that put on cruise nights to draw business to their place should host a different night those new and tuner pos's . Then they could have their night too . I wonder which night would bring them more revinue?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Dakota Boy

Dakota Boy
    from Racine, WI

I like this plan right here.

8. tommyganly

tommyganly
    from seaford de

Yeah one day these so called new car will be the Hot Rods of the future. Im sure some guys felt the same way when a guy with a 69 427 camaro or boss 302 mustang pulled up in the 70's. Look at them now a lot of people flock to them.

9. Aw common My lady took the mirrors off the ceiling and I don't get to see an old guy get laid any more. :D

Hey I just remembered I got one of these, it aint as cool as a bunny with a pancake on its head but I have really been wanting to post it.

OK now I can die happy.
    [​IMG]

10. Was it at least a female THIS TIME? :D

11. Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!

Shit, now that's freakin' funny! :D

12. Saturday evenings are for going down to the burger joint and hanging out with the guys. It's the "club meeting." There's about a dozen of us swapping lies when this new Camaro pulls in. The dude hops out with his "Heartbeat" jacket and Chevy hat, pulls out a lawn chair and plops his butt down, makes introductions and loudly proclaims that "he's decided to be a hot rodder!" Not wanting to be rude we stifle the laugh track and listen to him talking about the guy he uses to take the dings out of his 3 month old Camaro with the killer 22's. Well, we let him ramble on for about 10 minutes and I guess he just wasn't feeling the love because he quietly slipped away when nobody was looking. 3 payments and 22's do not a hot rodder make.

13. Oh Boy the weekly bitch about too many late models at a car show thread.
    I wonder if the Camaro5 forum has threads about too many crappy old cars showing up at the local car show.

Get over it already

14. don
    Would crappy be the operative word here?

I do know that the Corvette club has given me grief before, but I was in an old Ford so maybe it was just a brand thing. :D

15. I went to a big show on Saturday. While I was in line waiting to get in there were 14, I counted 'em, 14 brand new fuckin' Camaros in a fuckin' row and 3 were that bright green! :mad:

When I got up to the gate I told the people running the show that I didn't realize I was pulling into a mall parking lot! I also told them that these assholes must have brought the whole front row from the Chevy dealer which is where I can see this shit if I wanted too.

I then told them that I was sick of seeing new Camaros and Mustangs at car shows and that's when they agreed with me and said that the Mustang group was on their way with about 20-25 cars. :mad:

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! :mad:

16. our show this Sunday went off very well , over 70 cars and every one of them was worthy , no camaros or mustangs or general public with baby strollers...... that's why it was invite only

start you own and only invite the guys and cars you want there

17. I told the group running the show this past Saturday that they need a cut-off year that at least doesn't include anything from this century.

18. 36 glad that your show went well. I think that invitation is the way of the future for that shows like we would like to attend.

Besides getting your target type of cars you can also hit a target number and the show can remain managable.

19. If you go to a show that doesn't have a cut off date then you are going to get new cars as well. And those guys are just as proud of their shit as you are of yours. If you don't like it, then go to shows that only allow the shit you want to see, otherwise shut the fuck up. They have as much right to be at an Open Show as you do.
    What a bunch of whiners .......[​IMG]

20. That's why I go to the HAMB drags!!!

21. Fenders

Fenders

And don't charge them too much to get in. :D

22. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

The promoters that do the so called "car shows" need to start limiting the years of the cars. We just went to Conneaut Lake Park Pa, which used to be a good show, and left because at least 5 late model ,and I mean new, Corvettes showed up in addition to new Thunderbirds etc etc etc. They are driving the old cars away.

23. free

24. If beer isn't included it's overpriced! :D

25. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

A local street rod club puts on a Rod & Custom Jamboree, I was once a member, and had a cut off at 63, we got 2200 cars. Things went down to 1500 so they opened up to 73, held at 1500. This year they opened it up to 82, still 1500. What they gained in opening it up to newer years they lost in nice rods & customs, what the show was started for. Its not helping NSRA what make them think it will work for them. I know I'm just an old 76 year old grouch and if I don't like it, don't go. One day I won't then they'ii get 1499. I'm done. Don't buy a Corvette to go to a T-Bird show.

26. 54sled

54sled

Pre 65 is where its at,but not many shows around here for that,and all the cruises are over ran by new cars here too,people around here dont even know what a rat rod is,all they ask is when are you gonna restore your car and i say its done and they just walk away!

27. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Never been to a show that allows late model cars. Other than Good-Guys, I don't know of any around here.

28. tjelwood

tjelwood
    from oklahoma

Went to a cruise in Saturday morning and made a guy in a accord look like an idiot. Pulled in behind the Accord in my 50 pickup while my brother was behind me in our 35 and there was three spots open on a row in the parking lot and the guy in the accord took the middle spot and let the air cylinders out lowering his accord. So what do I do is pull up in the spot next to him and just lay the truck out onto the running boards and then brother goes to the spot behind my truck and just drops his car onto the ground. Yea accord boy just walked off I think he was embarrassed. Then we left there and got kicked out of the National Mustang meet that was in town because we parked in a lot that we weren't supposed to park in apparently. It was funny watching people detail cars that looked like they just came off of the showroom but if you've seen one mustang you've seen them all old or new.

29. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

This thread killed my buzz! I'm just waitin for the next swap meet in long beach or pomona.

30. slammed

slammed

Wing-o, bing-o. If you do not do your home work 'car show' means anything that shows up.