Register now to get rid of these ads!

KKOA Sled Scene East Coming Back!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rot 'n Kustom, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Just received my copy of the KKOA mag, Trendsetter. Gone from the east for the last few years, KKOA Sled Scene is coming back.

The Sled Scene East will be held September 14-15, 2012.
    New location:
    Youngswood Park, Rt 216, Hanover, PA (10 minutes east of Gettysburg)

kustomkempsofamerica.com

Good news!

2. jerseymike

jerseymike

3. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

4. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

Nice to know. I haven`t been to a KKOA event there since 2000. Road trip!

5. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

well now this is easy, the wife was just telling me she wants to visit Gettysburg this year.

6. Sweeeeeeeeet !!!!!!! I now have a show goal to try and make. I better get moving

7. 60Biscayne

60Biscayne
    from new york

Awesome ! nice area good time of year.

8. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

thats cool having the show back in town ,the first one was at a little fairground in abbostown ,this venue is a little small ,hope for the best ,anybody know who is in charge from the area ,blain kauffman maybe?

9. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

According to the article in Trendsetter, Blain Kauffman procured the park for the KKOA, and implied he and his crew would be running it again, but was a bit short on details.

I was at the first show in Abbottstown, and most of the others in Biglerville, so am really looking forward to the return of the show.

10. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Entered on calendar....(hope there's no conflicts).....sounds like a winner!

CB

11. Entered on calendar..Hope to make it. Like yourself, Bruce, hoping no conflicts, seems like a lot of things going on about that time of yr.

12. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Hate to be a stickler, but the first Sledscene's were in 83 and 84, Virginia Beach. One occured during the weekend Hurricane Diane rolled through the area! Everyone was stuck inside the hotels for Friday and Saturday. Sunday it was beautiful out!
    Abbotsville and Hanover were nice...I remember the "chopped top back-up race".

13. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Right you are - I should have said first in Pennsylvania. I forgot about the Hanover show, I remember tooling around the lake.

There was also an early KKOA show in Niagara Falls, NY, called the "Love Cruise" I think. Very lightly attended, as I recall.

14. jerseymike

jerseymike

still nothing on there web-site.

15. moparjack44

moparjack44

I just checked website again. It is now listed, not much info except dates and in Hanover, PA.
    Hope it's still on, could not find it on website last week :confused:

16. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

More News!

The KKOA website has been updated with Hotel Info.
    You must click on the Events page, the other page mentioning it has no information.
    or click here:

https://bransonsecure.com/k/events.htm

From the website:

[FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]Motel Lodging
    Holiday Inn Express,
    [/FONT][FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif](717) [/FONT][FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]637-1228
    Super 8,
    [/FONT][FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif](717) [/FONT][FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]630-8888
    Hampton Inn
    [/FONT][FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif](717) [/FONT][FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]633-1117
    Red Carpet Inn
    [/FONT][FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif](717)[/FONT][FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]632-0025

Campers: Cordorus State RV Park 1-888-727-2757

To Get The Good Room Rates Be Sure To Mention You're Booking For The KKOA Car Show
    [/FONT]

I just called the Holiday Inn and they are booked. Other events going on that weekend, as well, apparently.

17. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Three weeks to go - see you there!

18. I'm gonna try and make this one, but won't have a KOOL Kustom of my own there.

19. Me and my 18yr old son will be there.....48 will not though......may have it traded

20. Penny of West Coast Kustoms will be there.

Stop by her booth and Say "HI"

21. . . . is there an actual address for this place ? A search of Youngswood Park in Hanover, PA came up with nothing.

Thanks

22. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

The Sled Scene East will be held September 14-15, 2012.
    New location:
    Youngswood Park, Rt 216, Hanover, PA (10 minutes east of Gettysburg)

23. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Crap.
    Been looking forward to this show for months and now I'm home with the bug! (Virus not VW :D)

24. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

dropped in for a little today, a little light on cars ,but for the first show at the park, hope the word gets around for next year to be bigger ,talked to some old friends saw some good lookin' sleds, even cool to see penny from west coast with her booth all the way from cali !!