Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats it worth what would you do with it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loc8tor, Sep 4, 2012.

1. [​IMG] Its a 23 Overland, any ideas what something like this is worth? and would you flip it, rod it, or just drive it? starts, stops, runs, drives, needs top canvas and seat covers......
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Drive it as is until it croaks then a nice hotrod but full-fendered and all.
    The front and rear suspension have springs that run forward and in to a very tender looking but strong single point at each end of the frame where they are clamped.
    You can just see it under the front apron.
    A touring car body and frame like this sold in February at the Decatur Swap Meet for a couple of hundred bucks but they were rooooooouuuughhh.

3. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I'd drive that as it is. It sounds lame but as I gather parts to build an A-v8, I've also been trying to save to buy a bone stock A to had alongside it. I think it would be neat to have a car from the same period to bookend a hot rod. Drive the stocker for a day and hop in your rod and actually feel how much you have changed its character.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That definitely falls into the leave it as it is category.

5. 61falcon

61falcon

what he said ^^^^

6. :)yup

7. I did a quickie search on google, and found 3 for sale over $10k, 1 project for $2500, and a decent driver at an auction that brought $17k, but had no luck on KBB or NADA or even OLD CAR GUIDE. I have a chance at it and dont wnat to be upside down in it. I see very few around rodded, so I wasnt sure if I should continue down the resto route......thanks for the quick replys!

8. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

FLIP IT! Get it back to OE as possible and flip it on flea bay or somewhere, then buy a hot rod project that is 80% done that someone threw A TON of money at only to have there dream crushed by the crap economy, you see 'em all the time...I got tired of being the guy to loose his ass on those deals so now I buy em like that. Not to many stock old cars left, TONS of chopped up ones out there with a lot of the work already done on them. FLIP IT!

9. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

X4! I am FAR FROM a "purest" but un-molested that car should bring a pretty penny! Also, to make room for it or what will come after it you might want to sell me the old Packard cheap so as to get 'er out of your way!:D;):D