Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotrod hoedown pa- this weekend 9/10 & 11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slant37, Sep 6, 2011.

1. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

*SEPT 8th & 9th –HOTROD HOEDOWN Location- <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">4666 Bristol Rd.</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">Oakford</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">PA.</st1:State></st1:address> ( just outside of Philly) if you remember it was here in 2008.
    Hot Rod Hoedown Weekend baby
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">EAST</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">COAST</st1:placeType></st1:place>'S KOOLEST CAR SHOW ... "HOTROD HOEDOWN" held at the U.G.H. CLUB... Everything from Live Rockabilly Bands, Tattoos, Pinstriping, and more....Open to Pre-1975 traditional hot rods, kustoms, ratrods, beaters, choppers, bobbers, and bikes. No feather dusters, leaning dolls, displays, over billet Easter egg cars or trailer queens, or cry babies, just... HARD CORE HOT RODS !!!...So let’s check them out at www.hotrodhoedown.com<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. George T G

George T G

Did I see this years price cut in half from last years ? Does this mean the folks that got "RIPPED" last year get in for free this year?

3. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

We have been going to the Hoedown since the very first one down on Spring Garden Street. The Professor does an amazing job at putting this show together. The price this year is less, but as usual the entertainment is well worth this years or last years price of entry to the show. Most people that complain about the price are those who do not stay for the great entertainment in the evening. Believe me it is well worth it.How much does it cost for 2 people to go to the movies???? Denise

4. George T G

George T G

We drove 90 or so mi to a car show not to drink and hear bands.

5. I'll be there for sure on Sat. This is one of the "don't miss it" shows of the year.

6. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

We don't go there to drink either. We go there to have fun, to see friends and different cars that you will not see in a parking lot show. The show is not advertised as JUST a car show. Maybe this is not the venue for you and I can understand that. That is why there are apples and oranges. Everyone likes different things. I like having fun. "Either you get busy living or get busy dying" :)

7. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Blackp-15coupe...Hope to see you there. Weather looks great! Denise

8. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

See you dare on Saturday

9. I hope the weather cooperates, I can only do Sat, have family function on Sun.

10. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

11. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Here is the weather forcast for the weekend- todays...Saturday looks great
    Saturday
    <TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT>[​IMG]</TD><TD class="vaT full">Mostly cloudy in the morning, then partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 86F. Winds less than 5 mph.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Saturday Night
    <TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT>[​IMG]</TD><TD class="vaT full">Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm. Low of 66F. Winds from the ESE at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the NE after midnight. Chance of rain 40%.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Sunday
    <TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT>[​IMG]</TD><TD class="vaT full">Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm. High of 82F. Winds from the NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

12. George T G

George T G

Wheels of time is a car show with LOTS of bands over 3 days. COST $40 for all 3 days for 2 people.

13. Spike!

Spike!

Hey George- Don't go!! To HELL with a half price show!! I hear the ice cream is too cold anyway!! Stay home and play keyboard cowboy!!

Spike

14. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

TOUCHÉ .... Spike ...:cool::cool::cool::eek:

15. George T G

George T G

No stay home just find somthing sensable to go to. The $10 would have been fine. Screwed once is enough

16. Chop Top Dodge

Chop Top Dodge

wouldn't miss this show,well worth the price,see ya saturday
    should be a great time and alot of FUN !!!!

17. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Thanks everybody for the positive comments about the show. The Professor did adjust his pricing this year and if you pre registered for $25.00 for both days ( car and 2 adults). We go to all the shows in the area and all over the US. My post was not placed on the board for a debate, it was just posted to let other like minded people who want to have a great time. If you don't want to go, that's fine. For all those who wouldn't miss it....See you all there, watching the cars, people and listening to great bands and of course the Burlesque Show at night!
    Denise :)

18. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

electric frankenstein

19. "Wheels of time is a car show with LOTS of bands over 3 days. COST $40 for all 3 days for 2 people".

A friend of mine went on Fri and was told the cost (for him and the car) was $40 for the day, so he parked outside , and paid the spectator admission........

20. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Yes, that is true, Wheels of time did not this year have 1 day passes. We went up on Saturday and they wanted $40.00 for 1 day. We parked outside and walked in as spectators $8.00 per person.

21. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

I also heard that WOT was selling reserved spots at 100 Bucks a clip ...wtf

22. George T G

George T G

I was pre regerested this year and paid the 40 for all 3 days I know last year they had a daily thing I think at different prices for each day. That show has changed over the years.
    I enjoyed your show last year but it is billed as a car show plus yet I got to park next to an almost new Honda. I just think it drifted away from the car theam and upp in price. Two years ago I though it was great with the mueasum .
    Maybe I come again after I cool down from the butt job from last year. I did read on other posts last year I wasn't the only one unhappy with the fee. Like someone said then if you want to run a concert event block that off and charge extra for that and leave the car guys to do whatever

23. jmh

jmh

Was thinking of going.. Driving from Pittburgh till I read your Rules?? No "Easter Egg" cars.. Ya.. mine has a 90s paint job on it and cant afford to re-paint!! So I guess this makes it less than a Hard Core Hot Rod because of the paint and a few billet items!! WOW!! Narrow minded!! I drive my car all over!! Imagine that!!!!

24. Mark T

Mark T

Don't worry, it wouldn't have been worth the ride unless your into rat rods and Bimbo Bettys.

25. George T G

George T G

I heard that too they are getting hard up for $$ since car attendance is down about 800 for years back.

26. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

I really resent your comment....

All the cars are not "rat rods" and The girls that go are not "Bimbo's"....Because I am not a Bimbo!
    Yes, there are Traditional rods that come, and what you might consider rat rods, but these are all cars that people drive and have fun with and are proud of, just like the guys who have cars with expensive paint and billet and are there too. We don't have a "rat rod" and we go all the time.

Maybe before commenting on a show that you have not gone too it would be better to see if for yourself, since you live right in Langhorne. Then your comments would be truly your own opinion, " not what you have heard ". You might actually have a great time.

This is not a parking lot show with cars that people keep tucked away in their garages, dont drive long distances and just want a shiney trophy....

Finally if you dislike these kind of events, don't go.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  27. Mark T

Mark T

Please don't take it personal....

You are right, not all of the cars there are rat rods, but this show is slowly going in that direction. I never said all of the girls are Bimbo's but there is quite a few.

As far as the rat rods go, Lest just say I'm not a big fan. If the builders of these cars are looking for attention then build a car that's well engineered and people will notice, it doesn't have to be shiny. but building a car with barbed wire and rusty street signs and anything they can find for the "wow" factor is just stupid.

I have gone to the Hoedown for close to 12 years maybe more so my comments are from first hand experience. When I posted my comment it was for the guy that was thinking about making the drive from Pittsburgh, I simply told him that I didn't think it was worth the drive and why. He was turned off by the rule no "Easter egg cars" imagine that, a show promoter turning away cars because they have a shiny paint job. The professor thinks of himself as the mad daddy of ratrod/kool car shows, its right there in black and white on his website. Its just the direction his shows have been going over the years.

Wow, I think that was the longest post that I ever typed, I guess I just needed to explain myself.

28. onelowc10

onelowc10

Our clubs been going since the days of the Lagoon and we've had good times and bad, but every year brings something new. I missed last year but the Gassholz will be there this time.And if theres a car i dont like, I dont look its that simple, theres cars of all flavors. Dave

29. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Thanks for your explanation... :)

All that I can say at this point is that there are tons of shows out there for everyone. Go to the one's you like and have a great time, we only live once.

I try to go to all the shows like the Hoedown and I started a social group which I believe you are part of Traditional/Rockabilly car shows PA & NJ Area.

For all those going....I am sure we will have a great time.

Denise

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  30. Mark T

Mark T

Don't get me wrong its still a decent show its just not what used to be, and definitely not worth the drive from Pittsburgh.

You never know, I may even show up.