Register now to get rid of these ads!

A little help on value please.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raidmagic, Sep 3, 2012.

1. raidmagic

raidmagic

I know you guy hate these threads but I am really conflicted here. I am being offered this truck in trade for my T-bucket. I don't mind losing some on a trade but I have no idea what something like this is worth. I like the looks of it, I haven't driven it but I do plan on using it if I trade for it. I would like to use it around town as a truck for awhile and enjoy it. If I decide to move it in the future I want to know I'm not getting a $2,500 truck and that I screwed myself. If anyone knows anything about International pick ups please advise me.

Here is the info on the truck and pics below. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

What's your T-Bucket look like?

3. ironhead68

ironhead68

3 tons, unloaded?

4. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

A word of advice (from experience)...

I have no idea what your T-bucket looks like, but do NOT ever commit to a vehicle that you haven't seen in person, sat it, driven, etc. Sorry, but I don't trust anyone's opinion but my own (but then again I'm a picky SOB).

OTOH, it's a REALLY cool looking truck, and if it's a reliable daily driver that's been upgraded, that's worth quite a bit. I've seen those in my area (State of CT, Northeast) going for $4 - $7K in reasonable condition.

At the end of the day, how does it feel in your gut?

Supply and demand is really what sets the price for old rides like this.

Chris

5. raidmagic

raidmagic

Nothing special really. It's an unfinished project, just a driver. I just never seem to drive it anymore. I do get to keep my motor in this deal
    [​IMG]

Thanks Chris but don't worry I wouldn't dream of trading untill I drive it and check it out throughly. I do think it's a super cool looking truck for sure. That value would be acceptable to me if it runs out good.

6. change your window and your wheels and tires and keep it. unless you really want a long bed farm truck with a maaco paint job and a old tired baby motor.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'd say trade. It sounds like you're tired of the T. Being able to keep the engine seals the deal.

However....... it seems almost too good to be true. A used T Bucket, without the engine, is worth a lot less than that truck. Enough to where I'd have someone check that truck out. Looks like over spray under the hood. May have had some critical repairs done to it or maybe a lot of hidden rust or bondo.

Buyer beware and all that stuff.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  8. Fenders

Fenders

Before scrolling down to barsteel's post I figured $5K on the truck.
    And you get to keep your motor?
    If the truck is mechanically good I'd say good deal.

9. raidmagic

raidmagic

The truck is only an hour from me so going and seeing it an inspecting it won't be an issue. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't hurting myself in the trade.
    Thanks for all your input.

10. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Are all the pictures the same truck?

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you want a truck that bad find something closer to you. the truck description sounds like a slow moving low geared rough riding heavy duty ride that likely needs work.

12. fbama73

fbama73

You get to keep the motor? Unless that truck is rusted to crap and/or full of bondo, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat!

13. raidmagic

raidmagic

As far as I know, why do you ask?

14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Blackwall tires on one picture side and white walls on the other picture side.

15. fbama73

fbama73

The seller said he'd just put new tires on it. I'm guessing some of the pics are from before.

16. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

i wouldnt be able to make that trade fast enough!

17. Cortney

Cortney

Different plates too?

18. swissmike

swissmike

Radiator does not seem to be new in the pic and paint job seems to be a 10 footrest best judging from the engine compartment. Nevertheless seems to be a fair trade!

19. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Different license plate front and rear too. Like was said, probably old and new pictures. Sure is red though. :D

20. brad chevy

brad chevy

Look like he just painted it in his garage,better check it good. That truck around here would bring $3000 tops. Slow,granny gear 4-speed Money value is half of the bucket. Its your call,sounds like you don't have any plan to finish the bucket so why keep it. If all you are planning to do is flip the truck why not just sell the T.

21. BISHOP

BISHOP

I wouldnt trade the bucket for a long bed international.

Just sell the T.

22. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

IMO, the truck is probably a $3500 truck if you find the right buyer--but how many people are looking. That said, keeping your motor helps the deal. Personally I don't see a ton of value in T's these days--even finished (paint, interior and detailed out) I would't put it at much more than 10k as is yours might be $5500 or $6500 on a good day. that's my humble opinion FWIW--good for five minutes or 5 feet whichever comes first. ultimately you have to be happy with the trade.

23. JReece

JReece

Agreed!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

24. raidmagic

raidmagic

I'm not trading just to flip the truck but I don't plan on keeping it forever. Maybe some adjustments and use it for awhile then move it on down the road.

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Trucks are always hot sellers for the right price, but orphan trucks are almost always harder to sell. Ford or Chevy/GMC, no brainer to the 10th power. Dodge, if ya like it it'd be an "ok" trade. This thing though? You better like it. Know a guy who inherited his gramp's International farm truck. Same big box 6cyl and no rust ever, granny gear too. That was 5yrs ago and he wanted to sell it. No takers. He still owns it.

26. raidmagic

raidmagic

Good point. Resale value is definitely a concern

27. Around here you could sell that t way faster than that truck. People want a hot rod. Long bed oddball trucks that couldnt get out of their own way,,, just arent that desireable.

28. brad chevy

brad chevy

A lot of potential buyers would jump on the t-bucket just because its a hotrod. The truck will not get many looks or even offers so as suggested,sell the T and find something else. The T doesn't look like it needs much to finish anyway. Project T $3500---$5000 Finished turn-key T $8000 to $10,000. Project Int. truck $800 Running driving original Int. truck $4000 tops. if you can find a buyer.

29. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Being we are neighbors I can tell you IHC trucks are not hot itemd around here. The T would sell for more either way. Your concern is that your not getting a $2500 truck. Unfortunatly thats the most it would be worth if you found someone who really wanted it. Just my 2 cents.

30. Well going by the pics I would say that it is an old truck with a quicly paint job. That is usually not a good sign when buying a truck or car.

If you don't want the T any more why don't you sell it and buy a different vehicle.

The truck is probably not worth much maybe a grand or so if that helps. I wou;dn't want to guve much more than that if it were me anyway.