Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Downtime, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Downtime

Downtime

Hi everyone,
    I've been looking at this forum, for a few years now, and set up my membership a month ago. This afternoon with the help and guidance of some friend i pruchased my very first classic car. A 1939 Buick business coupe.

I've got lots of experience working on boats, from diesels to outboards, and some experience working on modern cars. I have exactly none working on pre WW2 vehicles.

Good news is I do have some friends who are pretty good at the classic car deal, so hopefully i can learn as i go along and have some fun. The car is a driver already so atleast i'm that far ahead of the curve.

I really don't know why, but I've always wanted a pre WW2 car. Ever since i was a kid, i've wanted one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. Welcome from just north of you. Very cool coupe you have there, TR

3. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome from NW Florida. You are in luck, the only difference in what you now have and those other boats is this one has four wheels.:D
    Looks like a nice old Buick.

4. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

Welcome! Sweet ride!

5. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

Welcome from Ft.Laud. I haven't seen this car around yet. I don't know what your plans are but the the body looks straight and the car is complete. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing it and meeting you.

6. Downtime

Downtime

The plans are to make it a daily driver. Changing out the front clip and the power train here in the upcoming months. It was owned by a collector (retired firefighter) down in south Miami, and while the body is in quite good condition, it's not not really of "restore" quality. But i got it for a pretty decent deal.

7. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Welcome from Florida's West Coast!

8. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

welcome to the hamb Magnum IT

9. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Texas