Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Farmall tractor plant, Rock Island, IL. I have been over that very spot hundreds of times. 90% of it has been torn down now. :(

2. I could do with some Cowboys and Indians right now instead of all these "Reality Shows". Remember "Rawhide", "Have Gun, Will Travel" , "Wanted, Dead or Alive" and "The Rifleman".

Very rarely watch TV anymore since Monk went off. :eek:

3. noboD

noboD

Most of those are on Antenna TV, the best channel going. Even get Hopalong Cassidy every night at 6, so i don't have to watch the news.

4. 11E

11E
    from USA

A cub on a roller dyno?* Properly tuned, they'll spool up to 9-10 H.P.!:)

*Just kidding. Not about the horsepower though.

5. Nobod and Y Blockhead.

I agree 100% with you. I can not watch ABC. The reality shows are scripted and are an insult to everybody's intelligence.

The morning news on ABC is so full of non news items that it is hard to watch. The last thing I want to know is the personal problems of the newscasters. I want news and not entertainment.

I watch Me-TV. They have a lot of old TV shows. Cheers, Hogans Hero's, The Untouchables, Highway Patrol and Mission Impossible. They are far better shows than the scripted shows Dancing with the Stars, Extreme Weight Loss, The Glass House, The Bachelor etc.

The bad part is ABC advertises these reality shows on the news programs. Then they interview the actors on the news programs and the late night talk shows. You can not get away from reality TV even though you do not watch the shows.

I think dogs are getting smarter and people are getting dumber.
    [/I]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

You'll really like "Justified" or "Longmire" then, and perhaps "Burn Notice?" Gary

7. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

243.jpg
    it looks like it but the one your thinking of is actually "Buice country store" built in 1903 shut down in the early 1980s and ironically was just torn down about a month ago for a road widening project

I took some good pics of that store around 1989 when the front of it was still covered in old signs,I'll have to dig them up,scan and post them to this thread

This particular pic was taken in Sand Hill Alabama 1972

8. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Post #573, 5th Photo: Night shot, looking east on Central Ave., Albuquerque, NM.

(o[]o)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  9. with a busload of gals? sure there's fun! ;)

10. swi66

swi66

11. swi66

swi66

12. swi66

swi66

13. swi66

swi66

[​IMG]
    Volker Bros, Middleport NY

14. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Drifting is more fun with 50 people in a bus

15. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

16. jjrodder

jjrodder

i remember going to a friends house to watch their TV in the early 50's. They had a big oil (??) filled magnifier in front of the TV. It was weird, but cool just the same. Does anybody remember those things?

17. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Gene Adams on left Don Enriquez Getting in/out I think Roger's Double Eagle.

18. K0HY

K0HY
    from Colorado

What a life it was seeing the world thru a blower 1/4 mile at a time. Nothing starts a day like the smell of nitro in the morning, well, maybe the smell of semitex (if I spelled it correctly).

19. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

The test pattern was also when you could adjust your TV there were a bunch of different things you adjusted and the test pattern was the best time to do it they didn't change! Vertical and Horizontal Hold,Brightness and Contrast and a few others and those were only on the black and white sets!some of these knobs were on the back of the set and you damn well better not touch them they were for dad only!once color Tv came out there were several more adjustment knobs added back there!All this after you "Tuned in" the station with the big outer ring around the channel selector knob.Remote control was what ever kid was handy at the moment!here in N.E. Ct. we could only get channels 3-12 by antenna 3-5-12 showed the same programs but timed differently if you missed the beginning of your favorite show on on 3 at 6pm it would start at 630 on 5 or 7 pm on 12,6&7 played the same shows at the same time.2 and 11 Who Knows we could never get them then!Our shows came out of Providence R.I Hartford Ct. Boston Mass. Every channel ended by 11PM and didn't start till around 5:30AM They all ended with a prayer and started with the National Anthem!This was all prior to 1965 or so it was a big deal when a couple stations started showing "Horror films" between 11:30 and about 1 AM! Twilight Zone and Chiller are 2 I can remember.

20. scrubba

scrubba

Go to Memorable Entertainment television.com . The Rifleman can also be accessed by going to The Rifleman.com too.Meanwhile , Wild Wild West is due to come out DAILY starting Monday on Me Tv. Monk reruns are seen on tru T V station affialiates .......... scrubba

21. From Dover drag strip Scrap book

Attached Files:

22. Trying to find the neighborhood TV shop photo's! Found some cool ones and my favorite Roadster picture!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  23. racemad55

racemad55

I stand corrected,guess I should research instead of relying on my failing memory!

24. JackOfAllTradesRuss

JackOfAllTradesRuss

Don't remember the magnifier thing, but I do remember in the early 50's that we had this colored plastic thing on the front of our black & white TV to make it look like color,think it was 3 colors only,blue on top,can't remember the center color, but think it was a gold or tan/brown color and bottom area was green,....... Thanks, Russ

25. Smirnoff

Smirnoff

26. Smirnoff

Smirnoff

27. Smirnoff

Smirnoff

28. Smirnoff

Smirnoff

29. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

30. Smirnoff