Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Just bought this 33 Hupmobile.Did I do good?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Couple of minutes ago I bought this on Egay.PO put it on 4 hours ago with a BIN of $3000.& had one bid on it.
    It is a 33 Hupmobile model K w/a 383 stroker,770r transmission, Ford 9" rear,Mustang front end,new $1000 grill.

I thought that it was a great deal for 3K so I jumped on it rather than waiting for someone to go look at it for me(Its 711 miles from me)
    Did I do good?

Attached Files:

2. DHeep

DHeep

Assuming the parts are in good shape (no thrown rods, etc, lol), I'd say you did alright.

Oh, and thanks for serving!

3. If it runs, shifts, and stops you did good.

4. Gromit

Gromit

Cool car. I say you did good regardless, because they don't make 'em anymore :)

5. ChefMike

ChefMike

Not being able to see it in person is always a risk ! It looks like someone put some work into it and then for what ever reason needed to sell ! Great buy enjoy your new ride !!

6. sun down

sun down
    from tx

interesting history on the Hupmobile, you might want to google if you dont already know... my dad use to speak of having one, that was many yrs ago..

are you going to pick it up or have it delivered...and what are your plans for it..............you can always trade it for a Nomad if you need to get rid of it..
    just joking... enjoy your new ride

7. DrSweeneyRod

DrSweeneyRod
    from England

I saw an early coupe build a few years ago and was hooked then. Not many people in the uk know what they are. So your buy = amazing in my eyes. How do you plan to build it ?

8. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

I looked at a 34 the other day the seller wants 5 k for it. Body has no rust but origional engine has a knock.Going back Tuesday to to have another look see.Think you made out good.:)

9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DSounds like another fun build in the offing.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

10. radgirl

radgirl

If you had any idea what I paid for my Merc you'd prob have a heart attack. I believe everyone will pay what they think the car is worth to them ;-) so to me.........its a priceless bargain. Good buy xxxx

11. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

Thanks for serving!
    I would say that you bought the drive-train and grill, and got the truck for free! What are your plans for it?

12. Photos on the internet always make a car look better than what it actually is, but if it is as good as it looks then I say yeah. Those are some classy cars. It will probably never be worth less than what you paid if you keep it indoors.

13. Weasel

Weasel

I hope you have all the parts for it - parts are hard to come by. You might want to join the Hupp Club but keep quiet about the hot rod bit - you are a diehard restorer aren't you....?;)

14. BJR

BJR

I restored a 32 Hupp Model F222. It was a very cool car. First car Raymond Lowey ever designed that went into production.

15. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

I thought that ANY ride could be a Humpmobile as long as it is really nice, and has a big back seat!:D

16. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

The last hupmobile that I purchaced I paid $35 for.

This is it.

I sure wish that I still had it, More so, I sure would like to look that young again!

Attached Files:

17. Just talked to the PO again.383 has new crank,new pistons,new heads.plus plus..Virtually a new motor
    It has been run long enough to be checked out.No noises or smoke.
    It seems like he just got burned out on this project--and that makes me happy.;)

18. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

Congrats ( I would lose the sunroof though).

19. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Our next door neighbor, who passed away a couple years ago at 95, always told the story of the Hupmobile he and a couple buddies owned in high school. "We named her 'The Mayflower' he would explain, as any girl who rode in it had to come across."

20. jimbousman

jimbousman

Good score! Love big rods!