Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 chevy coupe on a 56 chevy frame.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49Chevysled, Jun 29, 2010.

1. If you would have just swapped the frame over and not told anyone, no one would have noticed the difference. It looks amazing, and it takes a very good eye to make things that seem far out and foreign to some work out the way you made this swap work out. I'd love to see some more recent photos of your progress if you have any. Great job man.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

are there photos here that I can't see? all I see is overall shots of the car and everyone is telling the guy how great it looks. having the wheels in the fenderwells correctly is not the only thing to see in a swap like this.

3. GBchev

GBchev
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

i wouldnt mind seeing some more photos of this build and good on ya for makeing that shit work forget about them haters there is alot on here

4. deto

deto

I'm with you. Up skirt shots are needed.

5. Well you proved you could do it on a 2 door sedan....maybe next time you can try it on a coupe....(seriously though that is the 2 door sedan, the coupe has a shorter rear side glass and roof and a longer deck (trunk) lid...thumbs up for being able to do the fab work!

6. FNG revived thread from 2010, is OP even still around to read about this?

7. 49Chevysled

49Chevysled

well it has been along time since i have update, a bunch of shit has been gettin in the way. but also me and my bro have made alot of progress on the 49 thanks for all the cool people and ther compliments but i see ther are still a few haterz/non believers that cant go on living their pathetic little lives with out futher proof, shit I can spot a bad front clip or frame swap a mile away so i hope these help ladies...:D

and also the blackd out part is a top secret kustom bumper the i will reveal in my build thread that i will start soon.

photo (1).JPG

photo (9).JPG

photo (2).JPG

photo (3).JPG
    photo.JPG
    photo (5).JPG

photo (6).JPG

photo (7).JPG

photo (8).JPG

8. 49Chevysled

49Chevysled

thanx dude! glad to see ther still sum cool people here sorry for late respond but i jus up loaded sum recent pics

9. 49Chevysled

49Chevysled

If you would have just swapped the frame over and not told anyone, no one would have noticed the difference. It looks amazing, and it takes a very good eye to make things that seem far out and foreign to some work out the way you made this swap work out. I'd love to see some more recent photos of your progress if you have any. Great job man.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

10. 49Chevysled

49Chevysled

yeah im still here i was suprised wen i saw it in the post's juz havent had time to keep up with this thread but i just uploaded new pics today

11. 49Chevysled

49Chevysled

thanx! here ya go hope u enjoy the pics . yeah i don t worry about them haters .

12. 49Chevysled

49Chevysled

Attached Files:

13. GBchev

GBchev
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

some sweet pics the car looks awesome you should put up a build thread im actually thinking about doing this same swap but with a 54 chevy

14. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Glad to see you've stuck with it; a lot of these projects get kicked to the curb. Butch/56sedandelivery.

15. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

This thread reminds me of the butting heads that I remember between Model A restorers and the rodders of yesteryear ... remember the comment that often came up? "Anybody can restore a Model A, but it takes a man to cut one up!"

16. 49Chevysled

49Chevysled

thanks ill start the thread as sooon as i can been busy with work, school, and trying to finish the car for some car shows coming up. aint gona lie its was a huge pain in the ass and alot of work it would be easier with a lift so jus be prepared . and i got the frame with the 2 link set up for bags witch i had to fix a few things on it, so if u plan on runnnig with the original leaf spring set up it might be diffrent u might have to move it forward or back an prob have to move the leaf springs inside the frame rails. so good luck i would like to see some pics wen u get started on yours

17. GBchev

GBchev
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

well its food for thought thats forsure. I dont have a lift just good ol jacks and jack stands and hand tools lol. and yeah i was kinda curious about them leaf springs cause they are on the outside of the frame but we will see i might just clip the car or try and find a stock front suspension and bolt it back in cause my car doesnt have it