Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Women Mechanics and Hot rodders???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BetsyVanDeVille, Jul 9, 2012.

1. I would hope not................

2. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Hey now, I resemble that remark!

3. If that's you in your avatar Beaner you're kinda cute, but I'm into females only! ;)

4. Damn the luck. :D

5. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

bad bob, i think i saw a video on youtube that featured her and that car. seems like a bitchin ride, and a way cool gal to boot.

6. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I thought I would add this from HAMB drags, my Mrs Tulsa on right and Mrs Leebo! on the left, on our way to MoKan for the drags Saturday...

[​IMG]

7. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

8. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

I would love to Find a woman That was into hot rods. As my ex would gripe that I spent to much time in the shop. Notice I said EX ladies as I am now single hint hint:D

9. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Hahaha! Novadude55 My eyes did the same thing. Oh, yeah "women mechanics" Equal opportunity... I wish my gal didn't pretend to be into it as does.

10. kustom65

kustom65

Im a chick and I have all ways worked on both my cars. I don't mind getting dirty in the shed and go to car meet and say I did that!! It's a great feeling. I have helped my uncle build his A roadster and engines for his cars.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. kustom65

kustom65

ImageUploadedByTJJ1346585437.699543.jpg My uncles A roadster i helped build.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1346585602.579823.jpg at a car show fixing A.

12. radgirl

radgirl

I'm a chick, I'm a mechanic, I own a shop, I have dirty nails, but...... I'm not butch. I have long hair, smell good, and lurrrrv make up. I'm also a model and mum. Honestly it's hard sometimes to get treated seriously but I have done it for enough years that I couldn't give a rats asssssss. I would rather work on my cars than iron but I do that too ;-) Chicks that dig cars ROCK

13. Pictures? ;o):D

14. Old Dude

Old Dude

If you talk the talk, then you walk the walk. You go Girl, my wife got tired of going to Cruise Ins & Car Shows after Ten years, she said they all look the same. If I buy something she doesn't like, she tells me ! Oh Well, i won't change my mind, I am Critical Ill with Hot Rod Fever ! :)

Attached Files:

• 076.JPG
      076.JPG
      File size:
      466.1 KB
      Views:
    • 335.jpg
      335.jpg
      File size:
      466.9 KB
      Views:
    • 539.jpg
      539.jpg
      File size:
      252 KB
      Views:
  15. Gman0046

Gman0046

My wife is not into cars but I can't tell you how many times I've had to call on her to get a nut or bolt started that I was having trouble with. Not to mention the times you need an extra hand to hold a wrench or line something up. Women may have a little more manual dexterity then men.

16. choptvan

choptvan

My girlfriend of about 5 years now, is having our second baby. I run a shop. She works for me. IT is pretty damn cool to see the look on a guy's face when you tell them " Like it? She did it. " Even cooler is when i get to say " i duuno, you will have to ask her " Always throws off the sexist crowd a bit. She is a bit limited now, being over 6 months along she does not want the baby to get hurt or have complications, but she is still right there no matter what. Even if all she can do is hand me tools under the car. But usually, she is right there under the car with me.

17. Model T1

Model T1

Just read this thread beginning to end. Love it and the positive comments. Real men don't care if the other guy wears hot pants, skirts, or bib overhauls and make up. Hell I just think I described a few men around here ! One of the best mechanics in this hick town is a red head named Mona.
    My brother's only kid is now 41. She's always helped him in the shop and has been at an auto parts store since high school. Most customers come to her for advice and parts while the boys workin there are still tryin to bring up a 4-door Kia on the monitor.
    Our youngest son is the only car guy out of four kids. I did something wrong cause the other two boys and 41 year old daughter would rather be driving one of those Kia's or SUV. It ain't hereditory, it's just something you like or don't.
    When the youngest son was in middle school they had a small engine class. Schools cut help and son ended up being the teacher. He said the best students were the girls. Boys just stood around with their finger up their butts talkin trash.
    My first wife, the kid that tricked me into marrying her while I was too young to know any better, soon to be 55 years this Oct, knows very lttle about cars. But she will lend a hand anytime and has spent many hours on her back under rods or leaning over fenders holding bolts or handing me tools. She still don't know a monkey wrench from a screwdriver but she will keep gofferin till she gets it right.
    She still begs me to take her to car and bike events and she is really great at getting those flea mkt parts half price. A smile and a low blouse seems to be better than a grin from an old man. Politically correct? Who cares!
    No she ain't a real mechanic but my wife is a true car guy. What more could a pervert with an old car addiction ask for?
    Remember, this ole woman is someone's great grandma.

Attached Files:

18. radgirl

radgirl

me everyday

33.jpg

and every now and then

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  19. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

VERY rad, girl. My geiger counter is bouncing off the scale.

20. chopped

chopped

Just came in from wiring the guages and dash lites, wife sanded the door jams. At our age we can't go all day any more but the quality time is still important.

21. TheEngineer

TheEngineer
    from New Mexico

My wife won't go in the garage but her sister will. My momma did. My sisters do. And now this:

ImageUploadedByTJJ1347813690.823956.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1347813708.307409.jpg

At four years old, our daughter gets upset when she can't "help" work on the car. She'll get there.

22. Poor Horatio

Poor Horatio
    from Mayberry

Damn radgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. radgirl

radgirl

now that is what I call a perfect date night :D so glad to see 2 people still able to help each other out and spend time together.....very nice and you've made my day!

24. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

Heres my lady mechanic, she has no problem getting into the thick of things and is also my range buddy! She's been a big help in the 56 F100 restoration

Attached Files:

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Bummer you're a little too young for me.:D

26. Hi Chopped,

Loved your post. I am now approaching my mid sixties and my wife of the last 23 years, saw a Lotus Clubman at home in Malaysia, about 19 years ago. She fell in love with it and knowing that I love working with my hands, asked if I could build one. "Yes I could" pipes up my goodself and thought that was that.

Mother randomly asked questions about what would be required and what engine would be suitable. About 3-4 months after wards she says to me that she had a front cut from a Toyota Treuno ordered from one of the importers and that I had better go and get everything else if I was going to start. She also quizzed out the importer and along with the engine, was a 5 speed Celica box and a Corolla Sprinter disc brake rear.

I know that we are not talking rods here, but it makes no difference really. She helped me build the car from the ground up. Now in Malaysia, that was unheard of, especially as a Muslim lady as well.

Fast forward a lot of years and we are back in Perth Australia. Some time ago, I went out and looked at buying a vintage speedway car, but due to the effects of arthritis, I could not get the legs to operate properly, to go in through the cage.

"Miss the clubbie don't you, you crazy bloody Aussie. As much as you love rods and trying metal fabrication, aren't you getting a bit long in the tooth to learn all that now; besides arthritis and you are not exactly the best of friends at this moment"

Nothing more was mentioned and one afternoon, sitting in the carport, is a 2002 Corolla manual. "need a donor for the clubbie don't you" was all that was said, so now we are getting all the little bits ready to start again.

To all you ladies out there working with your family, husbands, partners or employers; God Bless and thank you all, for being part of the love of automobiles and the sharing of the dream that we all have.

27. Hi Chopped,

Loved your post. I am now approaching my mid sixties and my wife of the last 23 years, saw a Lotus Clubman at home in Malaysia, about 19 years ago. She fell in love with it and knowing that I love working with my hands, asked if I could build one. "Yes I could" pipes up my goodself and thought that was that.

Mother randomly asked questions about what would be required and what engine would be suitable. About 3-4 months after wards she says to me that she had a front cut from a Toyota Treuno ordered from one of the importers and that I had better go and get everything else if I was going to start. She also quizzed out the importer and along with the engine, was a 5 speed Celica box and a Corolla Sprinter disc brake rear.

I know that we are not talking rods here, but it makes no difference really. She helped me build the car from the ground up. Now in Malaysia, that was unheard of, especially as a Muslim lady as well.

Fast forward a lot of years and we are back in Perth Australia. Some time ago, I went out and looked at buying a vintage speedway car, but due to the effects of arthritis, I could not get the legs to operate properly, to go in through the cage.

"Miss the clubbie don't you, you crazy bloody Aussie. As much as you love rods and trying metal fabrication, aren't you getting a bit long in the tooth to learn all that now; besides arthritis and you are not exactly the best of friends at this moment"

Nothing more was mentioned and one afternoon, sitting in the carport, is a 2002 Corolla manual. "need a donor for the clubbie don't you" was all that was said, so now we are getting all the little bits ready to start again.

To all you ladies out there working with your family, husbands, partners or employers; God Bless and thank you all, for being part of the love of automobiles and the sharing of the dream that we all have.

28. FFFFrank

FFFFrank