Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Antonio, Tx HAMB'rs Where are y'all??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A31ModelA, Apr 10, 2011.

1. 76cam

76cam

Cool!!!Man I wish I wasn't on call....

2. Right up the road in New Braunfels, just off I35 on hwy 46 east. See ya at Bif's.

3. How late does it last? I am going to be in Seguin tomorrow... will try to swing by in my 53 on my way home.

4. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

He passed away about 16 years ago, my dad's sisters all fought for my grandfather classics/posestions which in reality where all registered to my dad, here in CA, my dad started doing all this in the early 70's, he took a bunch of 34 Ford p/u's & 60's SS novas over there. My dad kept his good name, he walked away & let his sisters make a spectical. We buried my grandfather, I was the only one who played cars with him or into it for that matter out of over two dozen grandchildren. Fucken Bitches & Death!!!

Yeah I still pissed. I still have all the registrations & they're resistered to me & my old address, my moms house & I'm a junior. Shit Happens!!! It didn't stop me, I bought my own stable with my own money & Im making sure they'er going to MY boys.

Sorry San Antonio, I still love you. It's funny, I went with my wife & kids for Fiesta Week about 4 years ago like a tourist & take in all the history. THERE IS SO MUCH AMERICAN HISTORY in BROWN Jerusemel.

5. shadams

shadams

I've been there past 10 a couple times. I wish I had my damn truck done so I could be official...

6. I stopped by about 8pm. Lotsa cool cars and a few bikes... and live rock-n-roll in the street!

7. Texasrooinek

Texasrooinek
    from Texas

I got property right there at 1604& 87.Right off Mt. Olive, by Lone Oak fire dept. I live E.Houston & WW White.

8. shadams

shadams

Yea I saw you, I took a later stroll down to the end to see if there were any new cars and you had just fired it up and were driving off. Looked good..

The only thing that was aggravating me was all the damn late model sports cars. Supposed to be hot rod night, but they got there early and took all the up front parking. One of them even still had the carmax license plate frame on it...sheesh. But hey, everyone likes a good cruise in I guess.

There was a sweet 38-39 ford coupe and also a 36 coupe that were both killer..as well as a late 30s early 40s ford pickup that was really nice.

9. While we were there, I overheard my 14 year old son ask his friend "which old car do you like best?"
    His reply was... "The red 1980's blah blah blah"

I just kept walking... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  10. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I go to San Antonio sometimes. My inlaws have a place there. I like to drink at the Esquire and eat at the Pig Stand and Lords Kitchen. So, I'm occasionally a HAMB'r in SA! I'm off of Lexington near where the old Cadillac dealership used to be... When I'm in town.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  11. onlyonthurs62

onlyonthurs62

I live by 1604 and Potranco.....its good to see others on this site from here

12. We moved to New Braunfels recently to a smaller place (handicap freindly). Still Pinstripin' outta Seguin though.

Soda Pops sounds like a cool pace, never been there but I striped the owners old chevy truck last yr.

13. RamJet1

RamJet1

I try to hit Pop's hot rod night every time, but we had just returned from a long road trip / funeral and I didn't want to push too hard on the other weary travelers. Hopefully I'll catch you guys next time.

Oh, and I'm between Boerne and Comfort, working on a '55 second series and a modified '65 Vette.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  14. Voh

Voh

can anyone get me some local leads for media (glass / sand / shells) blasting a aluiminum bellhousing? needs to be cleaned up.

Drop me a PM Please..

15. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

looking for some good car show in SA. want to get out of Houston lol

16. Tim Keith

Tim Keith

I am in the Bulverde area
    tim

17. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

All these sa hambers,but no good place to hang out.....

18. 55 on bags

55 on bags

Yeah come Friday night there is nowhere to go unless u want to see some new corvettes and mustangs

19. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Hey so do I, close to the fire works stands outside 1604 a couple miles...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  20. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

How is the crowd at La Villita? I'm thinking about heading there tonight.

21. 46stude

46stude

I live in Rockport, but I'm from SA. I grew up in the Harlandale area, Military Dr & Roosevelt neighborhood.

22. chopperwolf

chopperwolf

Any of you guys making the Bexar Bones garage crawl next weekend? I'm thinking of making the trip up from Laredo.

23. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Yes, it is sounding like there is going to be a nice turnout! Plus a two hour drive up 35 sounds like a nice cruise for you.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  24. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Got any more info on it?

Would like to get the car out for a drive!

25. chopperwolf

chopperwolf

26. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

So I've been doing some history reading here on the HAMB trying to figure out the best way to go about having an informal weekly or monthly pre-64 cruise night in the San Antonio area. There have been some events setup in the past and they all look like they went off without a hitch, had great turnouts and received positive reviews from the people that attended. Then the next event either never happend or they dwindled off so fast the event never had a chance to grow.

Looking back 5 years, deuceroger has done great things for the area and has tried and tried to organize a number of different HAMB get togethers or cruise nights for the area. Last year choprodinc organized a hot rod only event at the Bun n Barrel. Now I don't know these guys, but for their efforts, I want to sincerely thank them.

Earlier this year the guys at Bexar Bones Garage organized a garage crawl and cruise event along with an after-party that completely blew people away. Now not all the attendees were HAMBers but 90 percent of the cars were definitely pre-64 HAMB material. I was amazed at the number of traditional hot rods and very mild customs that came out to the event. Chris from Bexar Bones said he had so many people handing him their phone numbers saying to text them when the next one came around because they had so much fun.

That being said, I definitely think the number of hot rods and mild customs in the area can support a monthly or even weekly cruise night. I think the reason you dont see many of these cars at the existing cruise nights is because they are open to all kinds of cars like new mustangs and camaros and corvettes. I know I am reluctant or not interested in taking my car to a cruise night that allows any kind of car to park.

So I just wanted to put this out there for responses from you guys... Is San Antonio just too big of an area for a cruise night? If we have a cruise night in the center of town between 410 and 1604 that is pre-64 do you think it would take off? What night is best, Friday? Saturday? Sunday afternoon? A week night?? I lived in Rockford Illinois and there is a cruise night there that gets over 200 cars on a Wednesday night. Most cars are even older cars (pre-72)!

I am definitely willing to do the footwork and call around to places for a location for the event. I am just looking for input from you guys to see what would be the best in terms of areas and nights. I am also only interested in it being pre-64 or I wouldn't even do it.

Speak up! and thanks!!

27. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

I would be very interested in getting some type of weekly or monthly event going on around here.
    I spent the last few years in Washington state and they had a great group of HAMBers up there. Had a monthly HAMB and Eggs, a few get togethers. BBQ's and the such. The best part about it, it was a relaxed environment. Just show up then leave when you felt like it.

I think the only way for it to occur month after month, is to build the base, then let it run itself.

Picking a prime location is the key, I have noticed a lot of events happening in the Boerne area, and that is too far for some of us. Definitely must be within the limits of 1604. Maybe a rotating event, at different venues. The best night for me is a weekend. Fri, Sat, or Sun!! But I can't speak for all of you, What does everyone else think? Just throwing out my Two Cents!

TudorJeff, thanks for bringing this up. I am interested in getting something going on for the pre-64 crowd!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  28. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Back in Summer of 2008 I helped promote ,volunteered and supported which I believe was and still is San Antonio's very first Pre-1964 car show. It was called the South Texas Showdown and it was a great turnout as well. There were well over 200 pre 64 cars and trucks throughout the day. And it did very well although most car shows in our city are either pre 72 or open / various classes. So I agree with Jeff. Can we have a Pre 1964 cruise night at least once month? Yes we can. It is possible with enough support , volunteers and a suitable venue to accommodate the San Antonio Pre-64 hotrod & kustoms community that we have plentiful of. I'm all for it and I can help and donate my time to make this happen if needed. We all can make a difference to achieve that this is brought together in a good and positive way for San Antonio's hotrod culture both new and old school. Differences , animosity ,predjudice all left aside and at the gate of where ever the cruise night shall happen. We all just need to show support and have a good time doing it.:cool:

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

29. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Be a good reason to air up the tires and take out the chevy,,,

30. 46stude

46stude

They dropped the ball the next year, if I remember correctly. Moved north of town & went with a newer model year cut-off. I made the 1st one- but the next one wasn't the same event.