Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Western Maryland St Rod Roundup 10 days away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Aug 21, 2012.

1. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

The number of cars at the Cumberland Cruise will be comparable to the car count they get for the Irwin Cruise In....It is one of the better ones in the area, weather permitting. Take a chair and enjoy.

2. sawzall

sawzall

I think they had 10 zillion cars, everyone was 100% traditional and everything went flawlessly ...weather was perfect swap meet vendors made a killing selling everything at half the normal price....

3. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

This is so cool and proof of kharma!
    Our buddy Clark won the Saturday evening $1,000 drawing!
    Two young ladies drew the registration nmber and in an act of supreme coolness,Clark
    gave each of the two little gals $100.
    Good on you Clark!
    Goodness has been rewarded!

4. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Come down and find out? $3 to get in.A bunch of us pooled some money and will pay your way in?
    Funny how the cruise organizers can't promote their own event,they need ringers from out of the area,or just those who want to stir the pot...
    IMO.

5. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Stir the pot?...Now that's funny. I don't care who you are....travj31 is hoping the Round-Up has a better turnout for Saturday and he is accused of stirring the pot...Wow. Talk about being paranoid...

6. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I just got back from the Roundup---had a GREAT 2 days! Was going to stay for tomorrow,but can't seem to take the heat anymore,don't know what I'll do when I get old ha ha.
    A special thanks to Carl,& all the W. Md club guys They treated me like royalty (damn now I guess I'll have to get a crown)---does burger king still have them?
    Also a lot of Hambers from Eastern Pa ,guys I usually only see at Jalopy Showdown,or Jalopyrama

GREAT SHOWand KUDO"S to the Western Maryland Streetrodders
    (I think the name should be Hotrodders---just my opinion)
    More Hot rods there than Street rods!!

7. GaryT glad to hear you had a good weekend. One of these years Im hoping to make it down and camp for the weekend. Glad to hear they treated you like a king... People need to recognize royalty when they see it!

8. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

We don't care who you are either?

Gary,you're always a good time! 2,600 miles in a roadster in a few weeks,you're an "Iron Man!"
    Glad you had safe travels home!

9. mtrhead

mtrhead

Our gang made it back in one piece.. We'd like to thank all of you that makes this show a great success. Already counting the days till next year.....

10. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

11. 48stude

48stude

12. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Glad to hear everybody had safe travels and hope everyone enjoyed themselves?
    The weather was against us a bunch of the time,but seeing old friends and meeting new ones was great!

13. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

The name of the game is to have fun and enjoy the fellowship of hot rodders, and that was easy in spite of the weather.[​IMG]

These people were walking along with the biggest umbrella I've ever seen!

14. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

[​IMG]

Here's the umbrella? I was talking about.....

15. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

nice green hoodie!!:D

16. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

Thanks to everybody who made it down to the show. Hope you enjoyed it despite getting a little wet.

17. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Cathy Growden,Executive Director for The League,A Children's Place paid us the greatest compliment and voiced her appreciation for the young people we all assist.
    We're promoting a wonderful cause thru in essence,just doing what we all like to do?
    Hot rodding!

Good on all of you for being part of the work we all did in benefitting these young people.

Thank you for participating in our RoundUp,believing in the cause we all benefact and
    celebrating our 40th year in the car show world.

Ms. Growden invited any and all of us to come visit the "mug collection"(mugs auctioned every year to celebrate the respective year of the RoundUp with all monies going to the League)and to visit the League and see what we partner to.

http://leagueforcrippledchildren.com/load.mission.html

18. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

^^^^^^ Very nice!!!! Way to go Western Maryland Street Rodders. ^^^^

19. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Had a great time and thanks to all the "hamb helpers" who assisted in the set up and tear down of my vendor booth....what takes me 5 hours took you guys working together about 2....and at 63 years old The hours matter Thanks again and nice to meet and shake hands with all the Hamb members who signed the banner at my booth....thanks to all

20. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

Had a great time :D left Sunday morning so we missed the corn roast but wanted to get on the road before it rained. :( The band on Saturday night was fantastic:). Looking forward to next year. Gary it was great to meet you and Clark. Hope to see you next year.

To the Western Maryland St. Rod guys you do a great job for a good cause.!!!!

21. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Nice meeting U 2 Legend! I left Sat evening,so I missed the corn too. Already looking forward to next year,and planning on eating some corn then!!
    Without a doubt THE BEST show within 100 miles of my place.:D:D:D

22. Clark

Clark

Just got home not long ago...was there monday to monday. Had a blast!!! Thanks to all of the Western MD guys. They put on a great show for a great cause.

Got to BS with a lot of old friends and some new ones. Sold some stuff in the swapmeet. Saw a lot of cool traditional styled cars....some I haven't seen before. The traditional crowd is growing!!

Oh yeah I won a little money too....the guys said they never saw me run so fast. I ended up giving about half of it back and to the girls that pulled my number. If I wasn't broke right now i woulda gave it all to the charity.

Can't wait til next year!!!!!!
    Clark

23. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Mebbe the "trolls" brought you good luck? Haters be hatin',winners like you be winnin'!

This was something new WMSRA thought we'd try...with the price of gas and most of our participants like $$$?

24. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

The Wife, neice, and I went up on sat to check out the show. Very very nice turn out. We got there 15 min. after the rain stopped so alot of the cars were still coming in.
    I saw a couple HAMB stickers but the owners were M.I.A. Stopped in to bigbob55's place but he was busy with paying customers. Cool stuff for sure. Which HAMB guy has the sweet truck, black and silver?
    We had a great time and my wife fell in love with the white willys with the blower and tan interior. We met alot of nice people walking around. There were some folks in a group with a couple of teardrop trailers that let us peer into them. Something that I am thinking about building. Definately going next year.
    Dan

25. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hello Dan,
    Thank you for all the nice compliments! It's a nice friendly show and we culture long-term friendships.The HAMB is a great info site,but even more a friend site!

Bob's a hoot! Ask him the plot or actor in any hot rod movie and he knows! A fun guy to hang around with.
    48stude owns that sweetheart of a truck and he's a cool fella!

C'mon back next year!
    Thanks for participating,
    Carl WMSRA member

26. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Sorry I mised you Monkeywrenching. Sometimes my one man operation gets busy but I try to take the time to spend with new friends...If you see me again at an event don;t hesitite to say helllo, and thanks for the kind words

27. Carl ,
    Hats off to you and WMSRA for a nice weekend regardless of the weather. Labor day is a little like carlise you know sometime its going to rain. Good to see clarke win the money. when he came by us in his speedster,You couldn't have pulled that smile off his face with a tow truck. Then he donates alot of it back. :) A real car guy. Thanks Again

28. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

Next year I'll wear something inappropriate so that I stand out.....then again. Second thought, my wife would never be seen with me in the Tri-state. Look forward to meeting you guys next year.

29. 48stude

48stude

This is my truck. I'll have to apologiize for not hanging out at the canopy. I probably wasn"t there for no more than an hour the whole time . I'm usually B.S.ing with friends I met there over the 24 yrs I've been attending or making new friends, besides looking at all the cool cars. There was a really nice white 57 Ranchero there Friday that I didn't get a picture of , also out by registration there was a really cool 28 , 29 Model A roadster p/u with some cast covers on the flatty it was running which I missed taking a picture of:( Maybe they will come back next year.I Hope so . I had a great time and will next year God willing. Bill

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  30. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

willys41,Thank you for participating! Oh yeah,remember the years we had dances down under the grandstands and the year the guy almost got frostbite it was so cold?A bunch of us were talking about the year the rod jousting was held out on the grounds north-side access road and the guy in the T-bucket had his throttle stick? He jumps out of the T,runs around the front of the car and tears the distributor cap off.
    Times have changed?
    The heat's off us now,we got #40 in and "Mama says we're bona fide!"

monkeywrenching,we'll all catch up next year! What'd you have in mind for "inappropriate?" Thongs and speedos have been done.Haa!

Nice truck,Bill.One glaring thing wrong with your new truck,tho....you own it and I don't! It's a killer hot rod!