Register now to get rid of these ads!

Channeling (tech-o-matic)?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Paul, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know next to chopping, channeling is probably one of the most popular mods you can do to a hotrod, but I have yet to see anything here about it. I did a search in the tech-o-matic and found nothing. How about it guys, let us see how you did it. I know I could get a book and find out how to do it but thats why we're all here right? Thanks,Mike

2. Mike I just PM'd you.
    the P'n'Bner
    This will make ya dirty and it will be yours [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. laverda

laverda

I am also interested in creating a cdan that I cannot fit in [​IMG] Chanelling tech junkie....

later,
    papa al

4. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

I was going to post this question myself. I would like to see some pictures of how a substructure is done for a 4" channeled Model A tudor!

5. here is my 28 channeled

Attached Files:

6. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks good Lefturn, any pics of the floor?

Levi's, I've noticed from your want adds and posts on here that your planning on building a chopped and channeled and frame streched Model A Tudor like myself. So I knew this post would help you too. I've also noticed when I find something I could use for my project on E-Bay your allways the high bidder!!! LOL [​IMG]

7. yngrodder

yngrodder

Two cases of P B R a sawzall and a bottle of asprin. actually were doing a roadster right now that we stepped the frame on front and rear and its channeled 7 inchs. Ill take some pics this weekend and post. if your wanting to channel and no frame mods get all body lines correct (Door Gaps) And brace everything togeater so nothing moves. Cut the floor out with all braces and lower the body down square it up and weld it back togeather.

8. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Looks like we need the same parts and info MP33 - lets keep each other informed. YNGRODDER please post photos!

9. fastcat

fastcat

Here is a pic of the channel I am doing on my packard right now I was planning on doing a tech article when I get it done. I used 1"X2" tubing and connected them in the center with a pair of strap steel loops I made by hand. I welded a plate to the inside of the rockers and then notched the rectangular tubing and bent it down and connected it to the plates welded to the rockers. I made seperate body mounts that attach on the inside of the frame rails and go through the rectangular tubing. Shawn

Attached Files:

10. Greezy

Greezy

My a c is channeled with 1" square tubing. It runs the perimeter of the body and crosses over at the A and B pillar and is crossed in the middle. Heres a few crappy pics but you should get the idea.

Attached Files:

11. Greezy

Greezy

Attached Files:

12. Greezy

Greezy

Just 3 easy steps chop, drop, and you're all done. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the pics guys. Does anybody have pics of the perimeter and how they attached it to the newly fabbed floor? Also I'm doing this to a Model A Tudor and would like some info on what to do with the cowl body mount???? [​IMG] I'm starting to understand just need a couple more pics.

14. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's some pics I found on ebay of a A-coupe 6" chop and 6" channel, a bit much for my fat ass. [​IMG]

15. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. hudson_hawk

hudson_hawk

pics of the body mounting brackets would be nice

18. Scott

Scott

Found this post and was wondering if the experts could add some expertise
    ..........and pictures of how to !

19. rjb

rjb
    from ICT KS

Wow this is an old post, I'll take some pics here in a little bit of how I did it.

rjb

20. Scott

Scott

Thanks this delete is older than myHamb life
    :rolleyes: