Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1930 Dodge 3w Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty30Dodge, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Jen......

Jen......

2. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

3. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Thank you ! back at it in the morning!

4. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

ive run into a roadblock on mine, my doors are messed up bad! trying to find replacement doors but planning the mega repairs in the likely event there are no doors to be found

5. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Thanks!! Been too busy working on a garage addition to make anything new!! I just picked up a 31 Chrysler deluxe to start working on after the garage! Keep up the progress pics.

6. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Oh Mark Better count on fixing them. I have been asked countless times about doors and deck lids. Unless you think some Sedan Doors will work some how! Mine are badly wrinkled at the lower hinge under the Bondo. The welds are weak at the mount area also Thats coming up soon. I may end up doing some patch work in that area. I can at least acces the hinge area to reinforce it when I cut out the wrinkled part.

7. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

DustDevil Did you say Garage Addition? Wow I am still out side LOL Carport Customs here! LOL Post a pic of the Chrysler that would be cool!

8. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

awesome. this is so similar to my 3W pontiac. I love seeing 3W non ford hot rods.

9. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Me To! Thanks nice Pontiac

10. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

thats what I figured, Ive got my hands full, will let ya know if I have any hair left when done Im hoping I can adapt model a hinges as opposed to making new ones....

11. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Well got some small stuff figured out. I wasnt sure how much webbing I would need so I just got the best deal and FYI I used a 10 yard roll on the bottom and I had one row left over and I used a 10 yard roll on the back and i was short a row figures. My staple gun blow about half ways figures. I recessed my Gas pedal more into the trans tunnel to get a little more foot room. I dont think my dual slingerland pedals will work now. I wanted to configure all this before I pull the body In early September. I willorder the webbing for the passinger side and the foam now. It actually is compfortable the way it is but havent tried it for a couple hours I got tired of making engine sounds and burn outs made my throat sore. lol

Attached Files:

12. Jen......

Jen......

13. Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey
    from Azle, TX

Wow Jerry, you've been hard at it. Looking good man. The seat is looking good to. It is giving me some ideas. You do any contract seat building work? LOL

If you for some reason decide to not use that grille shell and insert. I know you will, but if for some unforeseen reason you don't let me know. I can get to Argyle in about 30 minutes. I am still undecided on the insert and shell I got from you. Whatever I run I will have to section to look right on my car. I know where a steel shell and insert is that I am not sure of the year (I know it is not a 33, but it looks cool). I may end up picking that up if I can cross paths with the guy.

14. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Hey Jive Turkey Going to keep the 33 Plymouth on it Sorry! I have to sell my Orginall 33 Dodge shell and I really dont want to do that. But work is getting scarce around here.

15. Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey
    from Azle, TX

I did not think there was a chance of you not using it, but I figured I would make sure. It looks good on there. Did you mean you were selling the original 30 Dodge shell instead of 33? PM me some picks of it if you are serious about selling it with a price. I see it on the car in the first posts. I may be interested in it or know someone who is.

16. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Jerry, forgot to mention about 4 pages ago, love the Olds dash!! the chrome will look great! I did something similar, found a 50 Buick dash, just loved that big chrome grille in center of dash....looking forward to more pics of yours, your way ahead of me lol

[​IMG]

17. hallrods

hallrods

Looking Good can't wait to see more.

18. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice metal n wood work. Think about paint sceme yet?

19. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Thanks I was thinking just a saphire blue from the late 60's with a semi gloss black frame the interior will be in Marina Blue. I have had camaros before so I have a always been a fan of blue. I unfortunatly havent been able to touch the car since September I hope to get back on it. I need to sell my 70 SS RS Camaro so I can finish this and get a life. LOL

20. bbrroowwnn

bbrroowwnn
    from Drums PA

Any updates on the build?

21. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

trying to get back to it! I have the frame welded up most everything that is left is cosmetic a lot of it.

Big update since I specialize in non running hot rods it seems. I pick up a 33 Dodge on Saturday. I ran across by accident spent my build money but I think I made a good decision. It was built in the 80's and ran up to 98. I need to find a motor and radiator. It has some minor issues but excited to get back to both the wives. Thank God for Hot Rods

22. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Not Forgotten !! DSC_0234.JPG

23. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

24. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

I have a lot of carb adjusting to do going with progressive style linkage. The Holleys were all ran together before so I think its real lean off the center two. Heated up the headers real quick! Turned them blue! Water pump leaks so I have to send it out to egge Machine to have it rebuilt. I was greatly concerned about the motor since I never heard it run before. I primed it manually a few years ago and I couldn't get the lifters to pump up. I just recently got the starter in and electrical so I re primed it while using the starter. It worked a lot better! I pulled the oil filter and cut it open it was all clean. I then Did a cold comp test and it was all over the place but rising each time. So I put my spark plugs in, stabbed the Distributor set up the cooling system and fired away. Sounds like a rad speed boat with those headers I put together and I am alright with that LOL !!

25. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Back to the body work I may just miss the rust! Will see !!

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  26. Jen......

Jen......

thank you for the updated pics

Dirty30Dodge likes this.
  27. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Just stumbled on this thread. Great stuff! Hope to see lots of updates over the summer.

Dirty30Dodge likes this.
  28. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

29. The_Rusty_Side

The_Rusty_Side
    from Dallas, TX

Any updates? Just brought home my own Dodge this weekend! Love all the progress you're making!!

30. I believe he sold that 30 Dodge on E-ay a few months back.