Register now to get rid of these ads!

should I ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rats28, Aug 30, 2012.

1. x2

I have 4 door '50 Chev. My wife, 12 year old daughter, and I love it. Tons of fun. I didn't buy it for anyone else, I bought it for us and it's doing the job just fine. I'll never claim it's as cool as a 2 door.

I grew up with fast cars, but it doesn't mean I can't drive a 90hp 4 door if I want to.

If you honestly care what everybody thinks, you'll never have time to enjoy life, WHATEVER you buy.

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Looks like a great ride to me with the exception of some minor paint and fitment issues. Go for it!

3. flyin54

flyin54
    from modesto ca

You can only see two doors at a time! It looks good to me.

4. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Looks good i would jump on it

5. moefuzz

moefuzz

Moredoors need love too.

...and don't be scared to drive the wheels off of it (just like your old man often did).

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Don't be spilling the beans about where that car is because while you're spillin' someone else is drivin' over and buyin'.

7. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

^^^^^how rude
    BET A 30-PK HE ALREADY BOUGHT IT.

8. Holy crap dude! You have a family and this car is SWEEEEET! It's perfect for a family. Kiddos can get in and out easilly. Drive it and if you REALLLLY want a 2-door, sell this one later for one. The money you save will go a long way to make this one perfect, like it needs anything! There is nothing wrong with a 4 door car especially if you have a family. Roomier and this one screams like the ugly drunk chicks at closing time..... "TAKE ME HOME!"

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

make it a Chevy and paint it green and I bought one several years back.

people are just too stupid. I had one "street rodder" friend warn me not to put too much money in it because it is a 4 door. like I'm some noob who just bought his first old car.

another guy looks at me and says "why'd you buy a 4 door?" I told him I wanted a 49 4 door and I wouldn't have bought the car if it were a 2 door. he just looked at me like I was crazy.

so if your goal is to impress dimwits, I'd say pass. otherwise go for it.

10. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

Who the hell cares what someone else thinks!!! Your money, your choice. You aint buying it for them. Good looking ride--go for it!

11. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Family and four-door go together. What's the problem? That's a great looking automobile!

12. For many years I'd drive nothing but coupes and tudors but locally there is a tutone green 51 Pontiac exactly like the one in the photo l that's been parked for a year...I'm debating whether to approach the guy about it.
    Back in 61 my cousin had, for his 1st car, a white 51 Pontiac fordor with a blue top...slammed it and put full moons on it. Was kinda cool but he suffered a lotta shit for driving "Mom's car" from his buddies.

13. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I had a '55 Bel-Air 4 door years ago, and all my friends told me it wasn't worth fixing up because it was a 4 door. I listened to them and parted it out. I won't make that mistake again.

The Pontiac looks like a fun cruiser. Not real common, lots of 50s style. I say get it and have some fun with your family!

14. 23dragster

23dragster
    from U.S.

Go for it! I enjoy 4 doors because of the extra space to put things in.

15. Back in the 60's 4 doors were considered to be old folks cars,,I got razzed a few times about driving one and I got some crap from the 4 door haters here on the hamb about my moredoor Deuce sedan.

I didn't give a crap about what they thought then and don't care now.

Coming from a family that really cared for each other but lacking in material goods back in the early 60's I remember my mom saying to me,"A poor ride is much better than a proud walk."

I can still remember the same friends? that ask for rides in that old 4 door!:rolleyes:

If you like it buy it,,,these threads come up at least once a week and end up getting shut down,,do what makes you happy! HRP

16. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Nothing wrong with that car, she is beautiful...don't let the four door haters get you down...they seem to be stuck in a different time anyways...this is 2012 and good solid cars are hard to come by especially without having to drop a stupid amount of money on it just to get it road worthy...if it makes you happy, then rock the hell out of it...you don't need anybody's opinion here, if you like it and she makes you smile, then get it, if you're on the fence and unsure, then follow your gut...

Proud owner of a '49 Shoebox Fordor!

17. wallyringo

wallyringo

super clean go for it.

18. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

That is what 4 doors are for. Taking the family along. It's a clean, nicely designed 4 door. I say go for it.

Besides, spend more than 2 hours in a coupe with kids in the back seat, doing bathroom breaks having to get out, put the seat forward, get in, get out again, put the seat forward again, get them in, etc. etc. You'll wish you had a 4 door.

19. It's a lot of work to turn it into a 2dr.. so I'd wait and find something you don't have to question. But something tells me, you already own it!

[​IMG]

20. 55nailhead

55nailhead

I totally agree with this:)
    If you have a family 4 doors are where it's at:cool:

21. Hotrodray

Hotrodray
    from Sweden

No! If your asking. Then your in doubth...

22. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

I would own a chopped four door.

23. I say go for it my Merc in my avatar is a 4 door!
    and I love it
    I have Had a lot of Coupes & its a Bitch to put your

family in a Coupe, but a 4 Door is much more Confortable

just my 3.5 cents

24. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I'm not ashamed of a 4-door. Hope you get it and enjoy it. Keeping old stuff on the road should be our common goal. Drive what you have and look for what you want.

25. Beat2Hell

Beat2Hell
    from So. Cal

If it was me personally.. YES. But as everyone says it's ultimately up to you. For a family cruiser four doors would be good, and I think they have a real dignified stance. If you were building a rod then all that would matter (IMHO) would be what it could do... But since you're not it's something to really think about. One example would be my brothers first car. 1964 Dodge Dart 4 door with a very punchy little 273 and rusted out factory dual exhaust. That little car would really move out, leave tracks and sound bitchen... awesome sleeper, still one of the baddest of the bad to me because it looked somewhat formal and nothing special til the pedal hit the metal. But since it's gonna be cruiser, do what you feel is right. But hey it is an old Poncho, it look great, and it is 2012. At least you could maybe sell it? Good luck either way.

26. Well said, mate. I'd agree with that.
    If 4 doors don't float your boat, hang back until you find one you really want. Looks like a nice sedan all the same.

27. Nice looking Pontiac, I'd drive it.

28. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

If the price is right, get it, fix it, preserve it, and drive it. When the kids outgrow it then sell it for more than you paid for it. Use the money to buy what you want next.

I wouldn't cut it up or "personalize" it too much. The potential next buyer may have different tastes or goals for it.

29. KenCrete

KenCrete
    from Milwaukee

if i woulda seen that car when i was looking, i woulda snatched it up. that car is gorgeous. love my 2dr but getting my 4 month old in & out with the rear facing carseat is a pain in me arse! nothin wrong with a 4dr. a nice car is a nice car!

30. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

It is way more convenient to get a slut in and out of the back seat with four doors. I seem to recall you saying that you are married, with a family, so you are gone need a little slut from time to time.:p

Attached Files: