Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else building old dodge/plymouth other mopars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG
    Here's my 50 Plymouth that I have been building. What you think of it?

2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

3. I would ditch the visor and (on my phone) it looks like diamond plate between the trunk and back bumper? Lower the ass a bit and throw on some skirts and you are your way!

4. buckhog

buckhog

Here is another Plymouth project in work. 1956 Savoy, was a six, but needed a rebuid. Eventually wanted a v-8 that was correct for the period, so I am in the process of rebuilding a 270 dodge poly for it.

Attached Files:

5. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

Thats the only way to have a Chevy! Has to have Mopar power plant!!!

:cool::cool:

6. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

Thats a real nice Plymouth there.:cool::cool:

7. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

Attached Files:

8. buckhog

buckhog

Thanks, and I like your post about the Chevy too. Have seen a few of them, and bring a smile to my face every time.:D

9. buckhog

buckhog

I now have a nice set of chrome originals on it that I picked up online.
    That is a cool looking Ply and a sweet Dodge. Does it have a 315 hemi under the hood by chance?

Attached Files:

10. moparjack44

moparjack44

They are few and far apart, but there are some reasonably smart Cheby folks out there.

11. pspbee

pspbee
    from Kansas

i just bought a 1950 plymouth with a 265 chrysler 6, stick, frenched headlights, frenched caddy tl, louvered hood, 52 buick side chrome, molded in sidepipes, split manifold, duals (sounds so good!). not sure how far i will go. wil post pics later. looking for a muti carb intake for it. it runs and drives. needs brakes of course. more to come ..... maybe!

12. Here's my 24 Dodge Brothers. Its pre-Mopar but I guess it works for this thread.
    [​IMG]
    And I believe I promised pics in this thread like 5 years ago :)

13. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

cool another Dodge Bro! Im offering a finders fee for doors on my 29 Dodge Bros coupe

14. wallyringo

wallyringo

I have a 55 Plymouth Plaza, the previous owner took out the original 6 and put in a Ford 289 / C4. I want to replace that with a Hemi or ? not sure yet my buddy has a 69 Roadrunner 383 I could have. besides that I’m just out cruising and enjoying my Plymouth.<O:p</O:p

Attached Files:

15. Very nice, I love that body style. I vote you put the 383 in there now while you are looking for a Hemi, but chances are the 383 will impress you enough that you will stop looking. :)

16. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Any insight on putting airconditioning on a Poly without using the York compresser, somebody that has done it or a kit?

17. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

My daily driver is a 29 Dodge Da 4dr sedan I have had for 38 years and am currently buiding a 33 plymouth coupe turned convertable{ for pics see "uncle Ricks 33 plymouth}

18. DELRAY54

DELRAY54

here's my '56 Sierra wagon...

Attached Files:

19. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

i like that. seems like it'll be forever until mine is in that condition. no room to work on it yet and a move is probably a year away.

20. gatz

gatz

Like it alot....sure doesnt look like the 50 Plys I remember. LOL

I'm in the process of building a '40 Chrysler Royal Coupe.
    Got a 331 (but needs assembly) and just picked up a 727 on Sunday.

Now all I need is...an engine/xsmn adaptor, flex plate, timing cover, valley cover,
    front end, rear end, pb setup, some dodads in the interior.....etc, etc.
    But, I think it'll look good when done.

Can't upload pix right now cuz main computer is going in for a labotomy or something like that, and this is my old one which doesnt have the pix

I'll post when I get the revitalized computer back.

Gatz

21. dart165

dart165

22. 24dodgeroadster

24dodgeroadster

Im building a 24 dodge roadster

23. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Okay, I have a MOPAR related problem. I am buried up to my neck in stuff to do on my '53 Desoto, and am seriously running out of time. I'm am trying to get it back together for a show this coming Sunday. I'm in nearing the end of a 409/powerglide swap inplace of the flathead 6. I plan to do a cherokee rear end swap, but for now I would just like to try and run my stock rear to save some time.

The problem I now have is at the rear U-joint. If I was to keep my rear axle I would have to deal with the funky U-joint, the style where the caps bolt directly to the pinion yolk. No way am I spending $95+ for one joint through Kanter, besides I don't have the time to wait for it. Question is...does anyone have a way to use a modern style universal joint with straps or u-bolts with the old axle?

Note: My old joints are shot. Thats why I'm not just using one of those

24. I have had a Cherokee rear for about seven years. But the last time I needed an og u-joint i went and bought one at Napa. Did you try local at all?

25. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Napa doesn't have a listing for it.

If I can't find an answer tonight I'll just have to bust my ass on the cherokee axle tomorrow. I've got two in my possession now, paid $50 for the first one (super clean axle, needs shoes and drums. The PO told me after I bought it that it had been Lincoln Lock'd) The day after I bought that axle a buddy gave me another one. Real rusty, needs shoes ect.

Regardless I'll be buying new shoes ($10 at Napa) wheel cylinders ($10per at napa) and hardware kit ($5 at napa) So it'll be cheap enough

Now if I could just buy time

26. i would really enjoy seeing the carnage that 409 is gonna do to the og axle!

27. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Held up to the Hemi right, haha.

28. drivewaycustoms

drivewaycustoms
    from waldorf,MD

I just picked up a 33 Ply 4dr. that has been sitting in a garage for 35 yrs.

scotts52 likes this.
  29. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My 1957 Dodge D100 100% Mopar 360/727/8-3/4

Im never gonna go to sleep, I have to stay up and read everypage to see all the cool mopars :eek:.

30. Nice truck! ^^^^^:D