Register now to get rid of these ads!

car shows???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by psycho sean, Aug 29, 2012.

1. I had to stop using that after my last arrest. ;)

2. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

If their ain't a '69 Camarro, charger, stang, chevy truck (HELL WHAT WASN,T COOL LOOKIN' IN '69) then it ain't a car show. As for the "NEW" cars at the show, if your oldie can't beat a new car then you need a cooler old car is all!

3. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I've pretty much quit going to local car shows. I can see a lot of the same cars at the WalMart parking lot.

4. olds vroom

olds vroom

We used to have a great cruise in here every wednsday . I couldn't wait to get mine on the road and be a participant 4 years in building and I've been to it twice this year and won't go back it's now 75% new foreign crap they just put k&n stickers on . It's completely ruined the place for me

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. This!

[​IMG]

6. rustang

rustang

Sounds kind of like the "Corvette Guys" around here with their shows they put on.....

7. A while back I drove my coupe to a small town show. Turns out it was close enough to Wichita that a BUNCH of trophy chasers were there. I walked arouind and tried talking to some of the guys about their cars. Nobody had time to talk and few even gave me the time of day. I went back to my coupe, pulled the caps off. and drove around the show on my way out. All of the sudden folks noticed me and a couple of the guys I had tried to talk to came up to the car as I cruised by but I didn't stop.

I went about 30 miles up the road to another small town show and it was awesome. unpretentious, car guys, and got a huge welcome like I had known them forever. Guess which show I still try to make?

8. sorry , no corvettes...just guys we know and like and their hot rods. no trophies and no cost to get in

9. So it's clicky???

10. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Have some popcorn...

[​IMG]

11. Thank you, don't mind if I do!

12. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

We like taking ours in dirty, parking way away from everyone else, walking off and waiting till everybody walks over to look at them. Then get in and leave. Beat the piss out of them on the way out, then go drink beer by ourselves in our buddys yard.
    Cause everyone knows the new challenger with the cold air intake, plastic chrome doo dads and 24s are gonna win the trophies. :0

13. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

In my eyes a local cruise night is not a car show. . . so I really don't mind what shows up as long as the owner loves what he or she has. It's a chance for everyone in the neighborhood to see who else is around with the same interests. Whether it's a group of people into new Corvettes, or people into Model A's.

If I want to see traditional hot rods I go to a traditional hot rod show.

14. i wouldn't say "clicky" , just selective. kinda like if you had a party and was making a guest list to invite. we would call it a party , but it is in a public park

15. olds vroom

olds vroom

We used to have a great cruise in here every wednsday . I couldn't wait to get mine on the road and be a participant 4 years in building and I've been to it twice this year and won't go back it's now 75% new foreign crap they just put k&n stickers on . It's completely ruined the place for me

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. tommyganly

tommyganly
    from seaford de

this is pretty much how i feel.

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

WTF? there wasn't another car show bitch thread scheduled for another week. now you have ruined the continuity of the whole site. probably why it crashed a little earlier today.

18. Bwaaaa ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Now that's freakin' funny as all hell!

19. paintcan54

paintcan54

36-3 window, the wife and I used to do the same thing for about 10 years, only we called it "Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, and Hot Rods". we passed out a few flyers and said on them "This is your invite to you and you only to our party" some people got a case of the ass about the way we did it, and cryed bitch and complained about the way we had our party, and our answer to the cry babies was always the same if we liked you, you would have been invited. We always had about 25 to 40 cars, and a few fun trophies to give away.

20. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 49ratfink
    WTF? there wasn't another car show bitch thread scheduled for another week. now you have ruined the continuity of the whole site. probably why it crashed a little earlier today.
    Bwaaaa ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Now that's freakin' funny as all hell!

Yup!

21. Don't worry, there will be another one next week, and all will be right with the world.

Mick

22. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

"PT Cruiser" had to added for this thread to be a accurate reproduction of the other 379 car show bitch threads. NOW it is complete!!!!

23. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Yea there's some guy that goes to the car shows up here who has this SSR that's got like this pirate theme....what the hell man....got a bigass flag that he puts next to it too. Doesnt really bother me because I just think its funny as hell! If any of you guys want a good laugh just come to the car show next weekend.

24. skywolf

skywolf

Wasn't the Sam Barris Mercury a new car ? This entire argument is ridiculous - car shows were full of new or near new cars in the 1950's and 1960's. Maybe you would have been complaining that there were no horsedrawn vehicles at car shows in the 1950's.

25. I have sand in my shoes. Thats my pointless bitch to add to the HAMB. :rolleyes:

26. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i go to shows if they are raising money for a good reason and to talk if it was for a trophy i would buyone
    the high scool kid with the new hemi callenger is just as proud of it as i was on my 409 when it was a few years old

27. ------------------------I concur!

28. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

I started a thread bitching about car show prices last week. I learned my lesson real quick! Never again. I made a point to re-read the rule of the HAMB, keep on topic and when in doubt, don't post.

29. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Larry Watson was also famous for taking BRAND NEW CARS and customizing them.

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Larry_Watson

Who cares what kind of cars show up at a cruise or show! I look at the cars I like and ignore the rest.

30. That was then, this is now!

Who the fuck wants to see a custom Honda Civic or Chevy Trailblazer. :mad:

And don't even get me started on those fuckin' butt ugly new Camaros.