Register now to get rid of these ads!

35 ford wire wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RICK R 44, Aug 30, 2012.

1. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

will 35 ford wire wheels work with disc brakes? any special adapters, parts etc. required? thanks guys.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guys run them with disk brakes. You have to have the spacer ring that keeps the lug nuts from collapsing the hub the same as is needed on later brake drums. There are a number of sources for the ring and you may need the adapter like Rally America sells http://rallyamerica.com/Adapters.html To clear everything with the disk setup.

3. Ralph Turnberg

Ralph Turnberg
    Member Emeritus

Here's a photo of discs with '35 Ford wires, although the wheels aren't too visible. The discs are Chevy and the Ford wheels have a 5 1/2" bolt circle, so aluminum adapters are needed. Speedway sold me the wire wheel supports for $20 each. The disadvantage of the wires is that I needed tubes and with bias plys, I'm missing some handling.

Attached Files:

4. F&J

F&J

The scrub radius will be way off because the discs push the wheel/tire out too far off of the imaginarly line of the king pin. That line should hit the road under the tire, not way inboard.