Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Hot Rod Company

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by walter, Aug 30, 2012.

1. walter

walter

Checking to see if anyone has purchased from The Hot Rod Co. This place has a great looking Web Site and seems like good company so I ordered a fuel tank for my AV8 on line. Days later I recieved on EMail stateing my order number but it would be six months before I would recieve it. I do not mind waiting but I can not contact this company. The only contact information I have is email or fax and I get no response. Any Ideas?
    thanks
    Walter

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I hate businesses that don't display their address and phone number in their ads or websites. Makes you wonder why they want to remain invisible ?

Contact Ryan and ask for his help, if they are an Alliance Vendor he probably has contact info.

Don

3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stogy likes this.

4. Lessons learned. Make sure they have a legit phone number, address Etc. Most folks on here are on a budget. No one wants to get ripped off.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Here is what their site says if you want to contact them:

How can I contact Customer Service?
    You can reach us at: service @ thrcmail . com (remove the spaces) We'll try to respond to your question within 48 hours. Or fax us at (866) 539-0825.

How about getting a damn phone so someone can speak to a human being ? Like I said, I just don't get companies who don't say where they are or how to call them. :confused: Good companies like Summit have their phone number proudly displayed on every page of the catalog.

Don

6. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I could not agree with you more.

I hate businesses that don't display their address and phone number in their ads or websites. Makes you wonder why they want to remain invisible ?

It always makes me wonder when companies do this.

Be upfront with everything you do and if you have nothing to hide this should be very simple to comply with and a
    no brainier to boot!!!

Just the thoughts of a rambling old man. Jimbo

7. LOL ... Sounds like grumpy day today.

8. I have done business with them and had a very good experience. This was about 4 years ago though...

Stogy likes this.
  9. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I too had a good experience with them, but that was about 2 years ago.

10. JohnnyCASHcadillac

JohnnyCASHcadillac
    from SO CAL-

I know their are other threads about this, but let me just say I had a terrible experience with the hot rod company. If you are not getting an upright T tank go to Snyders antique auto http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/modeltparts/gastank

They have tanks from the same builder for the same price and answered a phone call on the 2nd ring. Also if you want to contact the actual tank builder Snyders will give you their number. He is based in Arkansas.

I am sure the hot rod company does very good business on other parts and Michael is a nice guy, but I will go some where else.

11. walter

walter

Thanks for the advise!! I will try to contact him on the HAMB and if that does not work I will see if Ryan can help. I would just like to know an up date or cancel and buy from someone that has one. anUOTE=JohnnyCASHcadillac;8113522]I know their are other threads about this, but let me just say I had a terrible experience with the hot rod company. If you are not getting an upright T tank go to Snyders antique auto http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/modeltparts/gastank

They have tanks from the same builder for the same price and answered a phone call on the 2nd ring. Also if you want to contact the actual tank builder Snyders will give you their number. He is based in Arkansas.

I am sure the hot rod company does very good business on other parts and Michael is a nice guy, but I will go some where else.[/QUOTE]

12. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I had an awesome experience with hotrodcompany. Good dude, emailed me several times with plenty of patience answering all my stupid questions. They then sent what I ordered promptly. Class A in my book.

13. 2935ford

2935ford

Ever try getting a hold of Vern Tardel?

14. 5window

5window

NOT Class A if they don't have a phone number, won't take calls and don't respond to you on the contact media they do provide. That's Class F. Maybe Class D if they don't charge your card until it's shipped, but if someone took my money and said they'd ship me the product 6 months from now, I'd be canceling that order and asking my card for a refund.

Guess the lesson learned on a bigger purchase is to contact them first,make sure the product is in stock, demand a contact phone number and then order. Who the hell has a business you can't contact? Buy from people who want to have you buy from them again.

15. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Vendors may not charge your account for a delivery later than 30 days without your written permission.

16. bigken

bigken

I have used them on several occasions. Very good service from them, in my book.

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It looks like they are the same way as the Hot Rod Company. Here is what their site says:

Contact

After banging our heads too many times to get out from under a car to answer the phone, we’re strictly email and fax

Then hire someone just out of high school who is looking for a job and have them take messages so you can call people back ! :rolleyes: You are either in business or not, and if so step up and provide your customers and potential customers a way to speak with a human. Some of us do not like emailing, faxing, texting, tweeting, or any of those impersonal ways of communicating. We want to spend our money with someone we feel comfortable with, not someone hiding behind a fax machine.

I realize some businesses are small one man or two man operations, but you chose to be in business, act and perform like a businessman. If I couldn't reach a company via phone I would move on to one that I could.

Don

18. Ralph Turnberg

Ralph Turnberg
    Member Emeritus

I bought an upright oval tank from them. Installed it, filled it with gas, and it leaked! Had to empty it, clean it, and seal it.(I had already painted it). The screw-in gas cap is almost impossible to insert. E-mailed them to see if they had a better gas cap and never got a response. I'd look elsewhere.

19. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I have never had any bad experiences with them. They have always been great . Remember the guy who runs the company is a hamber and contactable through the hamb

20. If i feel I have to buy a product from a company that does not have a phone or address listed I make it a habit of telling everyone I comunicate with there that it says to me "fly by night" company. Most recently Covercraft and they are located in Pauls Valley OK near me, the only reason I found out thier location was due to the Hot Rod Power Tour stopping there and it being in the magazine. Be proud of your address and location! And while on my soapbox, tech departments, really? WTF??? Why the attitude? I am just calling for sound advice, not a grumpy bitch attitude. I deal with the public all day and understand the phone and some of the more colorful folks but really? Okay, rant over, back to your normal broadcast........

21. silent rick

silent rick

which tank and sender did you order? if you cancel your order, i might want your spot on the waiting list.

22. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

I tried to contact Coker through their web site, they do have a phone number, even on-line live chat, but I didn't want to sit through "press 1 for customer service, 2 for sales...etc" and it was a simple question. Three weeks later and I haven't heard from them.
    Like I said, it was a simple question so it's no big deal, but customer service has really gone to hell in this country.

23. Have you tried emailing The Hot Rod Company? I have done business with them. Six transactions with zero problem.

I be willing to bet you can get all your answers through email, which gives you and The Hot Rod Company a paper trail of the comunication.

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've bought a few things from the Hotrod company over the past two or three years and never had a problem but I haven't bought any gas tank or sender either..
    At least they did send a message saying it was back ordered.

Like a few of the others I've gotten in the habit of trying to buy from vendors who do have a real store front business with a real business address and aren't just some guy selling out of his back bedroom, garage or doing drop ship selling. I even check a lot of Ebay sellers to see if they have a real walk in store and usually buy from those operations.

It looks like this time the simple solution is to contact them and cancel the order due to the long wait time and after making sure it is canceled buy from someone who has the piece in stock.

25. A Boner

A Boner

Not a store front....one man operation/ part time......isn't he side valve or something like that on the H.A.M.B.

26. A Boner

A Boner

Not a store front....one man operation/part time......isn't he side valve or something like that on the H.A.M.B.

27. A Boner

A Boner

Not a store front....one man operation/part time......isn't he "side valve" or something like that on the H.A.M.B.

28. 5window

5window

"The only contact information I have is email or fax and I get no response. Any Ideas?" I think this means he did email them and they did not reply. But, perhaps I overspeak-how 'bout it, OP?

29. 8-Track

8-Track

Hot rod company has always been great to me ! He has been through alot in the last couple of years. his wharehouse was flooded out and had to move overnight and then the economy went to hell. he has down sized his company and has less product listed for sale. He has always come though for me.