Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Ventura Nationals UPDATE!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddyslip, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Hey deto, is that Avatar your car? I like that, is it chopped? That is cool man.

2. Spork!

Spork!

I'm considering driving up. Is my car acceptable or is it too street roddy?

Attached Files:

3. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I agree on the space size. 10x15? Hell my truck is damn near 10x15, where am I going to put my stuff?

4. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

Pretty small considering the huge piece of property they have to work with

5. flynstone

flynstone

................................thats a sweet car ..............bring it .....

6. Hey Spork, that car will be fine.

7. I swear. Cragars and Cheater Slicks can make just about anything look good. And a Big Block doesn't hurt either.

Attached Files:

8. hotrodrhp

hotrodrhp
    from Wisconsin

How about a heads up from the west coast? Getting on a plane in the am monday and headed to Camarillo,Ca. to visit with family. Never been to Ventura Nats. but I will be there on the 1st. What can I expect in the way of old iron there? Looking for an AV8 project for a new build and wouldn't be opposed to bringing one home. Always looking to upgrade my 34 Ford as well..got to find a decent original grille.

9. Swap space size has been increased to 20x20!!!

Thanks for the input.

10. deto

deto

yep. thats my ride. its chopped 4 in front and 5 in the rear.

11. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Well it's Ventura or Bust! The '56 is acting up so it's go till it blow's. Hopefully not. I 've got to much on my plate right now so trying do a thrash repair is out of the question. Well if it blows, at least there won't be any questions as to whats going south. See you guys there one way or another.

12. viva la muerte

viva la muerte

I wanted to bring my ride to the show and participate in the reliability run but my breaks totaly faild while out on a little cruz . I don't see fluid anywhere so my guess is the master cylinder whent but I really don't know crap when it comes down to it. Any one know a shop or wanna come over to the house and give a guy a push the right direction 54 Chevy 210 with powerglide

13. Steamboat

Steamboat

Is anyone else going to the "Run-whatcha brung" hooligan races after the show?
    Or the Duke's BBQ in Ojai?

14. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

I know about the Duke's show on Sunday up at Soule Park, that is a great show, lot's of cherry low riders and great food, but what's the low down on the hooligan races? Sounds dangerous and stupid, and I feel like I should be involved somehow!

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

The 56 is good to Go! :). Turns out in my half assness of not putting proper hangers for my exhaust that I just recently ran out the side it has put more stain on the other hanger's as well as a side or twisting load as well. So SB still lives on with it's bent crank for another day. I really thought the hub on my clutch disc was take'n a dump.

16. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Here are the bad ass work of art moon disc that are going to be given out to the best of each class. These were designed by Art from Calacas c.c. Just wanted to get everyone hyped up about the show and make sure you guys get those cars all cleaned up and ready to roll.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

17. deto

deto

Holy crap those are awesome... And yeah what's this hooligans race?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. When should I get there to sell for the swap ?

19. ImageUploadedByTJJ1346246588.608605.jpg

Please don't forget if you are in town Friday night to come by the pre party. This event will have free food and drinks WITH A CANNED FOOD DONATION we please ask that you bring canned food donation for Ventura County Food Share. Let's over fill those bins with food for those who can really use the help. This is a family friendly event and will have tons of amazing art and artists hanging around.

20. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

I see a couple new names tied to the show on here. Has the show changed hands?

21. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

The Gates will be open at 6 am.

22. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

The Art show is still put on by the same folks we just got some added support to help benefit the Food Share program.

This is a 100% charity event PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show some love by bringing canned foods for the Food Share Program of Ventura County.

See you there!!!!!

23. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

I see a couple new names tied to the car show on here. Has the car show changed hands?

24. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

Nevermind, figured it out. The Hooligan Races are the flat track mc races at the track next to the show. Definitely fun to see what people bring out, been to this in the past.

25. wallyringo

wallyringo

I was just about to ask. my family and I are driving up friday, looks like we have plans for Friday night. awesome

26. Cool going to try and make the art show this year, looks like a good time

27. It is always a great event and we'd love to have to call Food Share and tell then to bring a bigger truck to pick up all the donations.

Please dig around those cupboards and bring some food donations.

28. It is always a great event and we'd love to have to call Food Share and tell then to bring a bigger truck to pick up all the donations.

Please dig around those cupboards and bring some food donations.

29. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Couple more days....

30. deto

deto

The crunch is on!

ImageUploadedByTJJ1346355125.696301.jpg