Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Western Maryland St Rod Roundup 10 days away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Can't we all just get along?

2. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Ha Ranunclous...glad to hear the Stude is out and about. Hope to see ya at the Drifters Steeltown Shakedown. Always room for another M5 PU.
    Oh by the way, will you and the Bloss Man be "piggy-backing" the Super Cruise this Saturday with the G-Y-Not Speed Shop or is that only a Memorial Day Week End deal? Sure do enjoying seeing the wood-carved hot rods.

3. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Thanks for posting those economical events on this thread Barney.
    We were just concerned about Fr*stb*rg and the Bvd's Drive piggybacking onto our 40 years of hard work,you know "Piggybacking Ain't Pioneering Nothing" type o' thing?

Hey,whatever floats your boat?

4. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey Lothiandon,
    Hope you get to come up to the show,it'd be great to meet ya! We probably rubbed elbows down to the Jalopyrama and didn't know it? We get along great at the RoundUp!

Nope,"What Knot Speed Shop" does not endorse the BVD's Drive on Labor Day

5. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Carl...just letting fellow hot rodders know there are some upcoming hot rod events that they might want to attend. And I thought I was giving the What-Not Speed Shop a plug for the cool carved hot rods.
    Too bad some of the WMSRA Members don't endorse two of the areas finest cruise nights in our area. Sure hope those involved with the Cruise Nights don't boycott your Street Rod Show. As lothiandon1940 said, "Can't we all just get along?"

6. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

That's kind of you,Barn.Always thinking of the other guy!
    Maybe start a thread or add it to the the SW PA rodders thread? We're all about RoundUp's here?

7. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

A brilliant idea!!!
    Suprised to see someone from Western MD "piggybacking" on a SW PA Rodders thread. Maybe "we can all just get along" after all is said and done.

8. Change of gears... Any idea of anticipated car count for Friday? Looks like I'll be off for the day and might run down in my DD (not a Prius but a gas saving, high windin-gear jammin 4cyl, 5 speed, S10 pickup, putting out close to 100 hp (in tribute to the flattys of yesterday):p

9. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Good Idea Jr....My debate has ended.

10. Why don't you stop bashing a good show. Carl is just trying to promote a 40th anniversary of a show. It sounds to me like this thorn is deeper than the one day fee. I know over 40 years they have dealt with a few idiots.Not saying you are one of them. Also I think the reason for the one day price / with a small refund is because they had people getting arm bands for fri. or sat and just blending in and not leaving :cool: and getting the full benefits.:eek:

I have found that a lot of people that brag about something usually hasn't done it.
    I have done jalopy drags
    $10 x2 to get in
    $6 x 2 for lunch
    $89.00 to stay a night
    supper
    gas
    get my point cost more than 10 bucks

People there from florida and n. carolina came sunday and paying the extra county fee for camping. Must be something good!!

Clarke : we have you covered my grand daughter benefited from the streetrodders a few years ago. My daughter has taken some photographs and they will be auctioned off.

bje31
    Real car people try to help each other so stop the negativity
    While you are at one of the free functions, go out to Livees and get an ice cream.Very reasonable and you get a large portion.
    WATCH OUT THOUGH THE ICE CREAM IS COLD :):)

11. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey willys41,
    You bringing your coupe this weekend? I'd love to pose my truck alongside your Willys for a pic?

12. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Changing plugs, checking belts and fluids, packing up and heading in tomorrow.

Carl.....hoping to be there to help you and Bob set up Friday morning. Any idea what time?

Sir Woooooooooooooooooooooooosh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

13. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey buddy!
    We hope to convene Friday AM around 7?
    Gotta get some light details done and head for fun!

I'd like to see that "French Drop" at least two more times!

14. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Just for the record, we are talking about a magic trick here.

There's nothing sexual with the "French drop".............lol

7AM? Whew? And Bob is waking up and driving 30 miles to be there at that time? I can tell you I'll be going back to the motel to get my wife later.................... Bring a sweater.

15. No it is in the rebuilding stage.Back to what it looked like when I bought it.Nose in the air. I have been running down its history I have some pictures and more on the way
    We will be there with some others

16. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey Jerry,I don't own any Clay AIkens Cd's! Haa! Yes,magical tricks and I'll even bring the coin?!
    Sweater? We don't need no stinking sweaters!
    Ol Bob's a dedicated sort-kinda a hydromatic? Get him spooled up and after a while he's cruisin!

17. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Ha Fellows. Thanks for the day of badgering and opinion swapping. It has been a real hoot. Hope all of you have a great weekend at the WMSRA Round-Up and a safe trip to and from the event.

18. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Woosh, I'm heading down late afternoon Thursday and hopfully dropping the trailer on the spot....then the plan is to leave Grantsville (staying at the cassellman) about 6;00 and being at the FG by 7;00 / 7:15 Friday, baring any fog. . 3 Canopies go up first then we unload the truck. Appreciate the help but as long as Carl gets there around 7-7:30 it only takes 2 to set up the canopies....won;t get to the truck unload tll about 9:00. I know if a crack a beer at 7 when I get there Carl will catch the scent and follow his nose !!! See you guys down there whenever

19. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey Bub!
    I plan on being there aound 7,barring breakdowns!
    Gotta get there early or Doug will steal all the beer?!

20. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Carl, don't even mention breakdowns. But keep my cell number handy, I'll come runnin.................

21. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Pick up some heffer and set her on the tailgate....make it a 400# redhead

22. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

Hey what days are the meals served?anyone know what they are.trying to figure out what I'm bringing in the cooler besides beer

23. 48stude

48stude

Saturday and Sunday from noon to four. Bill

24. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

Thank you for that info.

25. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

1st time going for the weekend. Anyone know where the cruise is in Cumberland on Sat. night?

26. Industrial Blvd. out by the old airport.

27. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

get there early or you'll be parking a mile away.

28. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

Thanks for the info what time does it start?

29. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Heard it was a waste of time,I could be wrong,tho?

30. Legend - IMO the cruise is one of the best around. Lotsa of cool cars, places to eat, u can pull up a seat and watch the cars cruise all night long too. If the weather cooperates, I'll be there. I'll be sure to say hello.

What's the word on the round-up so far? Had a couple buddies go down for the day today and said numbers were really down compared to other years? Let's hope for nice weather and good turnout tomorrow.