Register now to get rid of these ads!

Images of the super hot, super cool 2012 KKOA Leadsled Spectacular

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Greenberg, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks damegedduck and Gary!

[​IMG]

2. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

Thank you for posting your pictures!

3. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

You're very welcome ARTSWRK and thanks for dropping by and checking them out.

[​IMG]

4. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Dan, I got to meet you briefly, you were taking in some shade, visiting with Mick (StrayKat) and Mike (1950-Mercury) over in the Merc Gathering. Its like piling on now, but DAMN FINE work you do on the photos. Everybody and their dog has a camera. You make the images unique, and stand out.

A few details to fill in. The 54 Ford 'vert and the Sledsel were staying at the same hotel as me, so had a chance to admire both. Mick has the grill right on the Ford, its a 53 Dodge with the vertical bars removed. Really a clean and classic look! Did anyone see the tail lights? An Olds lens that has been done many times before, because its Kool. But with a twist this time. The cove in the Olds lens had a body colored rounded metal (or plastic) piece mounted in it. Imagine like the top rear quarter panel had been torch heated, then you pinched it and pulled these two little blades out to extend into the lens coves.

Also, the Edsel's leaning forward look has a lot to do with the headlight buckets. They have been extended forward, and are hooded, because they have been swapping in from a 58-59 Chevy Pick Up.

DAMN, traditional kustoms rock!!

5. Now when I dream of a Merc, this is what I see. I love a '51 4 door unchopped.

6. Saw this car at the 2011 HAMB drags. It's running a late model 472/500 with A/C. They passed us up going back to the hotel as I was towing DaSchaefer and I noticed their windows were all rolled up and it was 90+degrees. I love it!!!!!!

7. Now you've done went and found my soft spot. Hudson is where it's at. This one makes mine look like a heap and depresses me because of all the work that mine needs. I better get busy!

8. Wow I must say this is the best coverage I have seen. I have never wanted to go to an event so much as this after seeing these shots. AWESOME JOB! I hope there's more to come.

9. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks so much 54delray and Racer29. There are definitely more to come. I am kind of slacking off a bit for a day or so since I have an art show to prepare for in Russell, KS that starts next Sunday (9/2) and is at the Deines Cultural Center (785-483-3742). There is a cruise in on Sunday for the show's opening. The show id called "Chrome, Smoke & Flames" and is all auto related art.

For those of you who haven't been to KKOA before, there are tons more cars than I am showing here that were outrageous, but I couldn't get what I consider an acceptable shot of them. Also you might enjoy seeing my images from prior year's shows while you are waiting for me to get more posted here.

2011 http://www.pbase.com/dlgphoto/kkoalss2011&page=all
    2010 http://www.pbase.com/dlgphoto/kkoalss2010&page=all
    All my car show galleries http://www.pbase.com/dlgphoto/carevent&page=all

[​IMG]

10. I don't usually get too excited about 4drs, but this is just a beauty.

Anyone have any info:confused:

11. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks for dropping by AtomicPunk. I am sure someone will have some info on it.

[​IMG]

12. 'Mo

'Mo

Dan,
    I don't know how you did it, but I am amazed by the lack of spectators captured in such a large body of work. Impressive photography!

13. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks 'Mo - the majority of it just involves patience and trying to go to areas where everyone else isn't.

[​IMG]

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ross Rossenbeck owns the Merc. All original running gear and it has been and will go any
    where. Kool pic...again.

Happy Trails, Mick

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

OK, you can never get my last name correct either or maybe it was just a slip of the typing fingers :D...Please get his right, Mick: Ross Rodenbeck out of Colby, Kansas...he's one guy that "never" misses a kustom show...he's also the owner of the extreme chopped and sectioned red '49/'50 Merc coupe...

R-

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  16. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks for helping Atomic Punk with his 4 Door Merc question Mick and Roger.

[​IMG]

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL!! That was a bad one. ???? I guess I shouldn't be on the HAMB while at work and/or
    type while drug'd up. I guess I shouldn't be at work drug'd up either.

18. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Maybe true Mick, but being at work without being drug'd up would just be work.:)

19. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

And bieng drugged up and not at work would make you a junkie...;)
    Nice shots Dan, one day I'dlove to make the show. I just cant ever talk myself into the heat that time of year..

20. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Rick - actually you kind of get used to it after a while. At least you come from a place with similar humidity. Coming from our dry climate into the humidity is a little intense.

[​IMG]

21. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I apologize for this one in advance. Not my best shot, but it was in horrible light and one of the worst places in the show to shoot when it came to visual clutter. The car was so unusual and cool that I had to show it. - A Hemi powered 1932 Hupmobile rod.

[​IMG]

22. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Don't apologize Dan. I think it's a great shot and I really like how you handled the clutter.

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

YOU...??? ON Drugs...???:rolleyes::rolleyes: C'mon Mick, I was born at nite but it wasn't last nite...you on drugs is like Obama on meth (and that wouldn't be a bad thing...!!!). I'd believe maybe you and a beer or two met and that affected you but even that I find hard to accept...

I don't think so Dan...being from ColoRODo...ain't no "native" from ColoRODo ever getting used to the humidity in Salina...especially for the three days while there...!!!

R-

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This time of the year I'm OD'n on Alavert D and Dr. Pepper. It sure helps out the
    Day Dream'n and its a kool effect for Dan's pics.... "Oh. look at all of the colors."

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  25. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

You guys crack me up! Hopefully the weather is a little better in central Kansas now because I will be visiting the next two weeks. For those of you in the middle of KS who are not already going to Greaserama or KC Goodguys, the opening of the Chrome, Smoke and Flames automotive art show will be opening on Sunday at the Deines Cultural Center in Russell. I will have a few pictures in that show and will be there for the opening and cruise in. The show runs through 10/14/12. For more info : http://www.krsl.com/images/Chrome%20Smoke%20and%20Flames%202012.pdf

The week after that is Starliner in Wichita which is a must see event for me. For more info on that: http://www.straykatkustoms.com/STARLINER.html

[​IMG]

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Hub's El Camino was one of the first Kustoms that I fell in love with. kool how
    Ya captured the red, green and the blue. This picture pops.

27. RawDeal

RawDeal
    from Austria

fantastic pictures!

28. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Thanks for sharing, great photograpy!

29. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thank RawDeal, Hussey and, of course, Mick!

[​IMG]

30. twochops

twochops

Dan--Fantastic photos as always, maybe someday you will
    teach me how it's done.
    BILL---- TwoChops