Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Western Maryland St Rod Roundup 10 days away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I'm not a member of the hard working group that puts this event on, so it's straight up honest when I say it's an event I couldn't miss. Even if you pay the $25 one day fee, there's so much more to enjoy than the usual lawnchair 6 or 7 hour event hoping to snag a $10 trophy event.

I'm rolling in Thurs. night and not leaving till Sunday after the highlights which if you break that down by the same rate as the lawnchair events "It's a major bargain".

It's all for a wonderful cause too and if you see the outpouring of kindness and generousity when they auction off cool stuff to help the kids, it's truly heart warming.

It's a great place to meet fellow Hambers too."Look for the banners!"

There's many good reasons why there are a number of the same people attending this event for decades now, and you too will see why it's lasted 40 years so far..............

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  2. ok thanks for the info... this type pricing is right online with any Goodguys event.

3. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey Jerry,I've got some (root) beers in the cooler with your name on them...

4. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Hey,Travis
    You must not have been to a GG's event in years--$35.00 to be a member $55.00 to get in event---no one day refund---thats $90.00!!!!!

5. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

and WMSRA hasn't had a price increase in years?
    The fairgrounds camping rate has increased prior to our event starting,but our admission fee has not.

6. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Ranunculous...You are right. The WMSRA $55 fee for 1 day is not me. Still too heavy of a price even with the refund. I'll walk in pay my $3-$5 fee and stop worrying about the $$$.

7. Gary... I just took this off of the 2012 Columbus Nat's Goodguys website. I also included a list of everything offered at the event. Looks like you were getting ripped! :eek:

Non-Members can register their vehicle the day of the event at the Expo Center between the hours of 7am to Noon. Registration for non-members is just $40 ($30 with the discount coupon below).

Click here to download a $10 off Registration coupon

• Over 6,000 Rods, Customs, Classics, Muscle Cars, Street Machines and Trucks thru ’72.
    • Super Sunday Get-Together
    • Vendor & Manufacturer Displays
    • Huge Swap Meet & Auto Trader Classics Cars 4 Sale Corral
    • Goodgals Gallery
    • Poker Run
    • Model & Pedal Car Show
    • CruiseWay sponsored by AAA Ohio
    • Nostalgia Stage Shows & Nightly Parties
    • Friday Night Drags at National Trail - Complete Details Here
    • Hot Rod Seminars
    • Valve Cover Races
    • Goodguys AutoCross (see hours below)
    • Free Kids Entertainment (Revell Model Car Make n’ Take, PPG Kids Coloring Contest, Clowns & More!)

8. Enough talk about pricing, goodguys events, etc... I originally asked the question about pricing because I knew it was discussed previously. In all do respect to the Western MD Street Rodders, this thread is to support their 40th Anniversary Show, not banter back and forth about about the 2 P's... pricing or popcorn! This is a great event and I will continue to support it (as a spectator or until I can spend the entire weekend). I hope it can carry on for another 40 years. Again, my hats off to a great club and great event.

9. That's why you need to go to goodguys this is way to laid back for having a good time
    things to do
    jousting
    corn roast
    bands every night
    free food two days
    poker run
    door prizes
    kids games
    club competitions
    valve cover racing
    model car contest
    help if your car breaks down!
    best part the money goes to crippled kids

10. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Travis,what you saw is for Sunday only and that includes any American made car up to 2012--I went to Columbus last year and was pre-registered for this year---believe me----I know what it costs-----Furthermore I wouldn't stay for their"SUPER SUNDAY" because I don't care to look at the new stuff

11. ......Well spoken.:)

12. sawzall

sawzall

only a few more sleeps for me.. cant wait..
    I guess I've been to all but 3? (every one since at least 1976 anyhow)

love this show, love the area, and wish the event could be longer than a few days for me.

bringing a new car this year, super stoked that it seems to be finally sorted..
    safe travels to all attending the event..
    stop by my olds wagon and introduce yourselves..

[​IMG]

13. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Won't be long now. Some of the early birds are already there. You'll have to show up to see who comes out of the clouds of smoke at the burn outs on the front stretch.................

[​IMG]

14. sawzall... love that woody! its killer

15. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Geez , glad we are talking about a hamb friendly event. Well there is nothing wrong with voicing an opinion....but if we all done pissing and moaning bout what events should cost...here's my offer:
    IF YOU ARE A HAMB MEMBER, ATTEND THIS EVENT AND ENTER WITH A 3 DAY PARTICIPANT PASS, AND FEEL YOU DID NOT GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH IN ENJOYMENT, THEN COME OVER TO MOONLIGHT MOVIES VENDOR BOOTH, TELL ME YOU FEEL YOU ARE DISAPPOINTED, SIGN THE HAMB BANNER WITH YOUR HAMB HANDLE AND I WILL GIVE YOU A $25.00 DVD OR PIN UP POSTER AT NO CHARGE

16. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Wow Bob! You didn't break into that Straub early,didja?

17. Clark

Clark

Just drive your Prius cause you're not gonna want to waste all that money on has in a hot rod. Then you can spectate and pay a cheap price!

I hear Frostburg is free....but I refuse to go there and support something that is only successful cause of a charity event. And hurts the charity event cause of a bunch of cheap asses!

I can see whining about the prices of the big guys that are greedy. Here you get your moneys worth and it goes to charity.

I just hope we can have something cool for the charity auction.
    Clark

18. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Look me up Clark....you got a free DVD coming just cause to think straight...if you want to donate one to the auction in the "name of Hamb" for charity I'll give you 2
    The straub is still on ice Carl.....but if I find that freakin opener your in big trouble !!

19. Clark

Clark

Thanks Bob...in past years we did a flamed fringe and other stuff for the auction. Time got away from me before the show and I didn't get the vintage tool box done. We're working on a cool chair for the auction.

Jr and sr31....sorry to be a little harsh, but I just can't understand how someone could complain about an event that does so much for the participants and the community. I love the area, the people and the show so much I showed up here yesterday and will not leave till they kick me out.
    Clark

20. 1low52

1low52

Almost time to roll. Friday 8am come on!!!!
    My wagon is slowly filling up.
    Will there be firewood for sale this year?

21. Clark... no need to apologize to me. I got skin thicker than a lot of rat rod sheet metal! As said before, we are each entitled to our own opinion and you value yours just as I do mine.

Enjoy the show everyone...:)

22. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Clark,
    You folks conducting your "regatta" down the Potomac this year? Beware the snapping turtles!

23. Clark

Clark

We've already been down the river a couple of times.

I think i saw them selling wood yesterday. Plus there are a lot of big limbs lying around. Bring a sawzall.
    Clark

24. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

For those of you who misread by earlier statement--I think the $45/ $55 fee for the TOTAL event is right on...the one day fee sucks, no matter who is getting the MONEY. And as far as donating money to worthy causes, I'll stack my donations that I give yearly, which includes Special Olympics, The Diabeties Foundation, The Heart Fund, Breast Cancer Reserch, Coats For Kids, plus numerous local charities. And as far as me driving my PRIUS, I don't own one! I'm just trying to decide which hot rod I'll take to the show, park it in the "spectator field", pay my spectator fee with my other 12 or so hotrodding buddies. Instead of using part of my one day rip-off fee to help fund your corn roast, jousting, etc., I'll write my checks to my yearly charities, attend the free Western Md shows, spend my hard earned money on gasoline to attend $10 per day shows, and look for Gary T's popcorn. As Jr. stated, I also have thick skin and a thick wallet because I chose to spend my money more wisely than some others. And again I repeat myself, Ranunculous is right, "the one day fee to the show is not for me and I admit it!"

25. Clark

Clark

You guys would Bitch at a free beer party!!

Try going to a bar and order a beer.....then whine and complain cause you only want to drink half of it.

Hey...you said you have thick skin!

I feel bad calling myself a cheap ass....my daddy taught me right. I don't have a fat wallet and I don't spend a lot on my cars.....but I know a good time when I see one!
    Clark

26. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

AW shit!now I have to make more popcorn ha ha

27. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Bitch at a free beer party? Hell no ! I spend my $10 attend the Drifters Steeltown Shakedown and drink all the free beer I want.
    Why would I buy a beer, drink 1/2 of it and bitch? Just order a 1/2 beer and be happy.
    Thick skin doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.
    Clark, we have one thing in common, both of our daddy's taught us well. "My ole man said a fool and his money are soon departed." Maybe that is why I have a fat wallet, attend every reasonable car related event every weekend and still have a little money for that half of beer. Gary T...melt a little butter and add some sea salt to the next batch of popcorn. Did I mention I'll only pay up to $1 for the serving. Even you aren't going to rip this old man off. I gotta save some money for the next reasonably priced car show...lol

28. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I'm not selling popcorn,I'm eating it while reading all the posts on here---it's entertaining,with a little imagination its like a movie!!!ha ha:D

29. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

I'll have popcorn at Bob's,peanuts and maybe cashews at the beer truck Gary!
    No freebies at the beer truck tho....sorry.
    Hell,our coolers will be full and that'll be free?

Hey Gary,if you win the $1,000 drawing(for registered participants only) the beers on you!
    It'll go good with the free corn for registered participants?

Got the gas tank and battery box bolted down,lines connected,checking levels tonight and then loading up.I was accused of only driving the truck once a year and had to rehab a few things since the last cruise a week or so ago....

30. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Forgot mention some upcoming $10 events:
    Jalopy Showdown Drags

Sept. 29th 2012

Beaver Springs Dragway

Beaver Springs PA

Gates open at 9 AM

$10 admission

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
    PID / Keystone Dragway Reunion Show
    Sept 15, 2012
    Gates open at 8 AM
    $10 Admission

And if you missed this one, put it on the calendar:
    Jalopy Showdown
    Lattermire Valley Speedway
    benefits the EMMR
    only $10
    Paxton, Larry, John, and Clark and others do one heck of job.

Oh by the way, no corn, or vegetable soup, or Women's World included in this low, low admission price....But we might talk Gary T in to sharing some of his afternoon movie snack of Mon Valley Popcorn....LOL