Register now to get rid of these ads!

Severe Bondo Abuse

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

The tail lights look really good in the rear end picture.

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

not bad for $6 in material and a few hours labor.

3. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

yes they are, great idea. mine are not too bad, but i may try that approach when it is time to have tail lights back on the wagon.
    Don't you just love it when, doing it yourself creatively, for next to nothing works out, it is so much more rewarding.

4. jaxx

jaxx

i bought what i thought was a van with no windows for work - slammed the side door one day and a slab of bondo fell out of the door 1 to 1 1/2 in thick the size of the window under the bondo - pulled all of the paneling from the inside of the van - full window van with the glass left in and bondo applied over the glass to the outside - must have been 200 lbs of bondo on that thing - jaxx

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm getting a set for the '58 and painting the center just around the spinner, not the concave part where the spinners bridge to.

6. Colin HD

Colin HD

Nads
    That thing is looking KOOL!!!!
    I must get over to FLA soon, its been a long time since we last met.
    Hope you have ridden out the storm, with no damage.

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

OMG, Hillier Danes, WTF? You moved to Australia, you did it. The Consul Mk11 sits where she sat back then, it'll get done, retirement car. You are welcome anytime.

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

9. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Look what I bought for the parcel shelf.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. FencePost

FencePost

11. Muttley

Muttley

Uhh............no. That thing needs a set of Astros and pinners.

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I'm not too keen on the caps either, Astros are way too common these days, but they are cheap and plentiful.

13. I'm not really feelin' either of the wheels, maybe it would look better lower? The right wheel/tire combo is so important and sometimes so difficult to get right.

14. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Torque Thrusts would look good on it, maybe with some red line style tires.

15. Nads, I'm likin' the wheels that you've had on it. They have always seem to fit your car, to me. What about some 53 Stude caps?

16. Squablow

Squablow

Personally, I really like the Raders on the car. I think they'd look great on the finished product once they're polished up and have center caps. You can use a paint marker to add a second stripe to the tires if you want to Sixties them up a bit.

17. +2 on the Raders. Maybe do a color accent on them to match the side trim or the top to make them stand out. It would fit the period, if I remember all those ads for Barris color-chrome right.

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I have a gorgeous set of M/T spinners for those Raders too, the truck will be lowered, it's not gonna sit that high.

19. I hope to see this car at Roundup...

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It'll cost me $1,000 in gas, but I'd love to go.

21. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Go with the Radirs or 30 spokes and pinners. That cat is pimp!

22. hemifarris

hemifarris

Nads,
    It really is coming together well. It's amazing what a diference paint makes. I think the grille is excellent. For the sake of me reading all the posts, What are you going to do with the interior?

Keep up the good work!
    Mike

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

My seat's at S & M Upholstery, yes, actual name, it's getting done in light pink vinyl with black 59 Ford material that has silver threads running through it and black Trinidad carpet that has silver threads. The door panels are getting the same treatment but with pink pearl drum wrap accents, it'll be neat looking, very space age

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

When I bought her
    [​IMG]
    How she looks now
    [​IMG]

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The day I found her
    [​IMG]
    A few days ago
    [​IMG]

26. My 2 cents, and with inflation they aren't worth shit (especially since you didn't ask for my opinion), but I have 2 points...

1. The wheels sit in so deep (visually) on the '59-'60 GM cars, it has always bothered me. By putting a set of reversed wheels on it, you'd help fill the gap and obviously have a cool set of wheels.

2. I'm not a fan of Radirs, and I agree with you that Supremes are getting to be too common.

Sooooo, with the color of your elky, and all of the subtle (and not so subtle) mods, let me make a couple of arguments for a chrome reversed wheel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. I have to agree on the wheel spacing thing.

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Big Red Todd, point taken, I've got a set of deep dish chrome slots that might fit the bill, and I do love chrome reverse wheels, plus they ain't too expensive.

29. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Simply awesome.

And + 1 for chrome reverse.

30. If you go the route of chrome, give Jimmy @ Rally America (rallyamerica.com) a call. He took good care of me on a set of chrome OE style wheels recently. Saved a couple hundred bucks over the other guys.