Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's heeeeeeerrrrrreeeee

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HawgHead, Aug 25, 2012.

1. HawgHead

HawgHead

Houston the coupe has landed.

Bill of Nationwide Vehicle Transport (aka Santa Claus) delivered this to my front door today. Thanks to Bill and Joe (Vivalahotrod) and the H.A.M.B.

Stay tuned for a build thread coming to this channel later this year (have to move in October)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  2. what's the plan?

3. Deuces

Deuces

A "chop" is in order...;)

4. HawgHead

HawgHead

Well big picture is a slight channel, just enough to hide the frame. Chop the top as much as possible (I'm 6'1"). Z the frame in the rear and give the front of the frame a small Z just over the axle to get the front end down as I don't want to go with a suicide axle. Power plant will either be an early hemi or flathead. Haven't decide on wheels and tires yet, either some 60's style mags with real wides in the back and skinnys in the front, or a more 50's flavor with wire both front and rear.

Scott

5. That was fast Scott, I just arrived in Pasco, Wa for loading tomorrow & couldn't belive how fast picture of the vehicle i just dropped off was on the Hamb already!
    It was nice to meet you, your wife & the dogs, I hope you enjoy the new project.
    Bill

6. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

7. Ever consider chopping the front more than the rear like some did back in the 70s?

8. HawgHead

HawgHead

61cad and 56don, The T in that link is exactly what I want my to be when finished (though still on the fence about the tire wheel combo) however this is going to be my first chop so I'm thinking K.I.S.S. Anyway I'm going to be working on the chassis for awhile, it's really rat rod type work.

Bill, perhaps I was just a tad bit excited. :)

Scott

9. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Glad it made it. SOunds like you got a good plan for her.
    I`ll be following this thread for sure.

Viva

10. HawgHead

HawgHead

Thanks again, the build thread is going to have to wait until later this year as it turned out we're going to have to move in Oct and I want to keep it together to make it easier to move. But that will give me a chance to learn more and put together a better plan of action.

Scott

11. gonna be a cool build! Are you moving out of the area?

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That T in the link is nice but I'm not sure about the chop with more out of the front like that.
    Good luck with the move, I bet your itching to get too it though!

Doc.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  13. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hey Hawghead - nice lookin' basis of a hot rod you have there.
    Good luck with the move in a couple of months and lookin' forward to seeing your build thread start.
    Cheers.

14. HawgHead

HawgHead

55 dude,

No, just moving from the Battleground to Vancouver area.

DocWatson,

I love the look of the rake chop on the T, gives it that moving while standing still look. However this is gonna be my first chop so I'm thinking baby steps first.

Scott

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

Make sure you set the seating up first then crawl in and see where your head hits... that'll dictate how much you chop it. You don't wanna crawl in and have to duck your head to drive... it won't be pleasurable. I chopped mine 8" and took the stock Header out and put 2" tubing in its place but wished I had put 1" tubing up there... it'll open the windshield up greatly!!!

Holla if you have any questions on chopping it, I did mine last spring and it wasn't as easy as everyone thinks!!