Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. RayMiller

RayMiller

I hate to say it but seeing all that stuff there makes me sad, the ot cars too, it's a sad way to die.

2. 46stude

46stude

:eek:

Aaauuggghhh!!! :(

3. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I went back there today to try and grab a few things off of it and this is what I saw.[​IMG]

4. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

5. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

I don't see this one as sitting and rotting, more like enjoying a functional retirement.

6. Gromit

Gromit

I think much of the "patina" would just blow off if you got it running :)
    '63 Merc

Attached Files:

7. 46stude

46stude

Jesus H Christ. :eek:

AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  8. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

^What he said^

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    Maverick Daddy likes this.
  9. NAS Backyard

NAS Backyard
    from Lodi CA

[​IMG]
    Going after this one....... cash in pocket...

10. Gromit

Gromit

I know it's been said but WHY don't these guys they can get better than market price/ton for these vehicles!!!! I guess it's a PITA to advertize and put up with Tght fisted hobby types. But it still kills me to see great iron crushed indescriminately.

One day when I rule the world....

11. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Sadly a lot of guys can't even give these vehicles away to guys in the hobby, they never grab them but complain when it's too late.

12. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I have only been working there 4 months .The owner told me to stop asking !It kills me.I got half the windshield ,the speedometer,the Studebaker emblem on the hood.I try to get all the lil stuff off if I can.It's brutal.

13. RustyTub27

RustyTub27
    from Redmond OR

As found in Northern Cal. It has since been saved and is in my garage

[​IMG]

14. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

heres one in michigan next to a gas station,its a victoria and pretty solid.
    i was there a few weeks ago.

Attached Files:

15. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I would fill my five acres up here if I knew who was giving them away.

16. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Then we would have Ester Eddie's Sitting and Rotting..........picture thread!:D

I feel the same way every time i go past this one scrappers! last week it was a clean 62 Tbird,today a pair of early 60's ford trucks:mad:

17. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Ester Eddie's Vintage Pick a Part

18. 46stude

46stude

Truth of the matter is, its is just soooo much easier to sell to a scrap hauler than to advertise & sell to the general public. No shows, phone calls, emails, ridiculous lowball offers, etc etc. Or the scrap guy comes, says I'll give ya X amount & haul it off.

But still- the Studebaker truck deserved to be saved. Aaugh.

19. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

20. Northern Alberta!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

22. Ive filled the three acres where i live up and have more at my farm. Many of them where free. There really isnt a viable market other than the scrap man. The majority of guys who want the older stuff are themselves getting old. And there is less and less of us old farts every day. Just this week A guy made a deal to buy a really solid 60 chev PK cab, I priced it for $200 Just a little more than scrap. He was supposed to come Yesterday. I worked getting it off and he is a no show. I shoulda got a deposit. Its not a total loss because its a shortbed stepside. Im going to swap the cab front suspension & drivetrain from a 65 longbed on that 60 frame. Ive been trying to sell the long bed for $1500 and havent had any success. longbeds just dont sell. Ill make it into a short bed and shoot a coat of black primer and get $2500 at the car auction. I just like the flat cowl 64 & up better than the Knee knocker 60-63 cabs. OldWolf

23. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Yeah I saw a guy selling 3 Corvairs here on CL for ever .Then one day I went to work and there they were destroyed in the scrap pile..bummer

24. Gromit

Gromit

My bro in law had a neighbour in the scrap business. He had in his posession some lovely 50's and 60's stuff.. most restorable, or even drivable with a little work, that HAD to be crushed. They were collected under clean air programs, where the government purchased them off owners, I think in exchange for a deal on a newer car... something like that..But they were all slated to be scrapped. He wasn't even allowed to sell parts off them, because those parts were from "polutiung" cars :(

Now that said..
    At about that time I know a lot of vin tags were being sold in the grey market... just saying...

25. RC Kid

RC Kid
    from Alabama

Great pictures!

26. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I have been grabbing hub caps, trim ,tail lights ,emblems,gauges anything I can!

27. RayMiller

RayMiller

Yea I'm glad the environuts haven't manipulated our government as bad as yours. Buy they are trying, cash for clunkers........

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

28. Every county goverment in the USA s supposed to have a environment officer. They for the most part dont because its a unfunded mandate. I know of several private collections in illinois that where confiscated and the owners fined for some enviromental offence. Its a sad fact the nothing is hidden from the GPS anymore. There are do gooder greenies and pretty police who hate collections & hoarders that arent completely under the goverment thumb. So far if your licenced and paying sales taxes and doing the paperwork your not hassled. But private collections are. I cant Legally sell any cars with open titles or with a bill of sale anymore. I have to buy insurance and title them in my name first. And if I sell more than five in a twelve month peroid I would have to buy a dealers licence. Then Im responsible to collect sales tax on any parts I sell to walkin,s. Internet sales a tax exempt. So off to the scrap man they have been going. I hope that in two years time to have my collection reduced to what I can store& hide inside my buildings. My oldest son ( He has a dozen cars and trucks stored at my place) He is a Lawyer and has opened my eyes to the trouble & hassle that is coming in the very near future. OldWolf

29. you ever been to Mexico?

30. BirdGuy

BirdGuy
    from Central PA

Black one on the left - Packard? Looks too good to be just settin' there... Wish I could save that one. :(