Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Neil Armstrong

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostforawhile, Aug 25, 2012.

1. The Eagle has landed... R.I.P

2. churchboy

churchboy

RIP Mr Armstrong, A true American Hero.....Godspeed

3. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

i remember watching the landing in princeton b.c. in 69. the whole school was in the audititorim watching a little t.v. some moments you never forget. thanks for the moment neil. God speed.

g

4. johnod

johnod

Safe journey.

5. ownerizer

ownerizer
    from Parker, Co

I teared up a bit when I read the news this morning. Neil Armstrong was one of the last people representing what a great nation America once was. My generation (I'm 27) has done nearly nothing to concrete itself in history.

6. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

I'm sure that was a lame attempt at humor.

7. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

When he was traipsing around on the moon I was traipsing around in a jungle.
    RIP and Vaya Con Dios....

8. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

I had just graduated high school in the summer of '69, and was pretty busy with work and having a bit of fun before college in the fall. I was home though, and the whole family was glued to the TV on Monday, July 21st around 8:00PM when Neil Armstrong took that first step on the moon. What an amazing accomplishment only a few short years after JFK's commitment.

9. jc62

jc62

Godspeed Mr Armstrong. Have a safe journey....:(

10. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

I was born the day before they landed on the moon (7-19-1969) the moon landing mission will be forever connected to me. R.I.P. Neil Armstrong, American Hero.

11. Deuces

Deuces

Amen!!!....;)

Attached Files:

12. hehehehehehehhe just terrible!
    RIP Neil

13. prpmmp

prpmmp

You are right!! After I reread my post it,s lame!(hindsight is 20-20) Neil does not deserve my post! Sorry RIP Neil! Pete

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

the sad thing is I told several young people that he died and I got the same lance armstrong response, with all the internet stuff they do you think they would learn who he was,

15. R.I.P. A true hero from the days when America was happy to spend Billions to do Great things.

16. Flattie

Flattie
    from Germany

I was seven years old and watching his first step on the Moon, the Time Stands still an the German tv shows the Walk on the Moon around the clock an awesome Hero of our decade is gone, good Ride Mr. Armstrong. He's Not only an American Hero, he is the Hero of our mankind........rip from Germany.

17. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

A True American Hero!!
    R.I.P. Mr. Armstrong

18. Deuces

Deuces

I think everyone on earth that had a tv set at the time was watching those "first steps"...

19. Superhero but yet modest. He made a difference.

20. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

A buddy and I had moved to North Hollywood CA from Cincinnati that spring in 1969. I was working on my '66 Econoline in the back yard of a little house we'd rented on Vanowen St. that Sunday when my friend Harry called me to the window. I stood there and watched the TV as Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon. That moment is as clear in my mind as if it just happened. Neil, I will never forget. R.I.P.

21. Ramblur

Ramblur

A true American hero.

Neil was flying our neighbors B-29 "Fertile Myrtle" during the NACA days of testing the Douglas Sky Rocket (Scott Crossfield and his Mach 2 run)
    when #2 engine slung a prop blade,went THROUGH the fuselage and knocked out #3 engine...

[​IMG]

22. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

I watched Neil step down on the moon that early July morning in 1969, as did all of America, and then caught a plane to Pensacola, FL, later that day to begin Navy flight training!

23. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

A Great American Hero who was never concerned with recieveing individual recognition. RIP Neil...

24. We have lost a lot of heros over the past few years. RIP Mr. Armstrong

25. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

I used to own a hardware store in Lebanon, Ohio and Neil Armstrong came in a lot. He was always nice and different people asked me to get his autograph (which he did not like to do).I always said that he was a private man and asked that they respected that and to NOT ask for it in my store. One time he hadn't been in in a while and I read where he had jumped down off his tractor and caught his wedding ring and tore his finger off.....OUCH! They sewed it back on and he never mentioned it. MAN we need Heroes like him today!! RIP.

26. Deuces

Deuces

Poor guy has been though allot...:(

27. Godspeed Neil. One of my heroes. An amazing man and life.

If you can read his biography. First Man: The Life of Neil A. Armstrong

28. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

you aren't thinking of Lance Armstrong are you? I know it's confusing with the name Armstrong all over the news then Neil dies so it makes it twice as confusing for some people. We are talking the first guy on the moon here, not to diminish all his other accomplishments

29. I was lucky enough to be supervising an evening ship of IC (integrated circuit) testers at Sylvania in Woburn, Mass. Since they also made TV's back then, we had the biggest and best TV in the cafeteria and we all went there to see that historic moment. One of those "where were you" moments I guess.

R.I.P Mr. Armstrong - a true American Hero.