Register now to get rid of these ads!

Northern California Reliability Run..... time to drive your sh(tuff)t

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redbeard, May 12, 2012.

1. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

I'll post some up. Should be a fun time!

2. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awwwww shucks!!

3. redbeard

redbeard

looks like we are going to have some nice weather

can't wait

4. I'm in Dave, hounding Brother Jonny to get that coupe on the road. He's hit a few bumps in the road but he's persevering. Can't wait, my favorite car adventure every year.
    Great images Doug, what film/camera combo you using ? The color has a beautiful quality to it.

5. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

This sucks i cant go now. My transmission went out on Friday. So I won't be making this one now. Don't buy a tci transmission I've put two in in less than a year.

6. redbeard

redbeard

Ric, I am glad to hear your coming, I am going to help your brother tonight.

Perci, that is too bad about the transmission. There is always next time. Plus it is probably better you had it break down near home, rather than on the run far from anything.

7. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

I'll be waiting for pictures

8. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Anyone from Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, or Petaluma going and want to caravan to Antioch?

9. Craig, I am rolling out of Marin and my brother is coming down from Petaluma. PM me and I'll give you my cell #.

10. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

We are in also . Just changed some plans around to make this . We will be bringing old reliable [​IMG]
    And Todd will be bringing his 36
    [​IMG]
    And of course Brandon and his 39
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see everyone and do some driving !!!!!

11. Can't go wrong with any of those cars Dad's 32. Look forward to seeing you there.

12. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Looks like a lot of fun!
    I wish I was in the area.
    Might do a run up to Pikes Peak from Denver on the September 23rd.
    Elevation 14,114' !

13. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

I'll be coming out of Healdsburg. You lead the way, I'll follow. . .

14. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hmmmm...I recognize those cars...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. redbeard

redbeard

Some day I want to drive up Pikes peak,

What is the actual elevation gain. or what elevation do you start?

16. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Big Daddy , Todd (36 Club Cab) and I (39 tudor) are meeting at the park and ride on the river rd exit . You are probably familiar with but just in case , From Healdsburg just take the River Road exit and turn right and its on your right . We plan on LEAVING the park and ride at 5:30 and probably meeting there at about 5:27 ! HA ! Damn early mornings ! . We are also going to meet up with Craig ( Model A) at the next exit which is Hopper exit . We are not stopping there . I will be calling Craig and he will jump on the freeway as we pass by .It is a 2hr ride roughly with a gas stop at the end to be fueled and ready to drive and we are trying to get there by 7:30ish . I want my pick of the good donuts !!! We might be meeting 2 other guys from Petaluma (Ric) and Marin (Mike Sauer) along the way also .Craig is talking to them. I am thinking maybe Hwy 37 just after you turn on to it from Lakeville Hwy there is spot to pull over to the right.I think it is an old weigh station ??? . That is 45 min + or - so I am thinking 6:15 at that spot if the Marin/Petaluma crowd wants to jump in which would be cool .

Anyone else ?????
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Any more of this thing?

[​IMG]

18. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Just an FYI for everyone . I called 2 gas stations on A st , that are North of Hwy 4 that are 24 hr pumps . You can take A st exit off of Hwy 4 and head North towards our meeting spot ,the Riverview Lodge , and there will be one station on the right(24 hour and cash ok)and one on the left ( debit or credit only). From there you stay on A st which will turn into 2nd street .Turn right on I st and that will end at Riverview lodge .

19. DAM....That sounds like a fun road trip for sure. But way to far away for me since I just returned from Bonneville in my deuce roadster and need to recoup some traveling $$$.

20. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Great! Will meet you at the River Road park and ride.

21. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Sounds great . See everyone in the AM !!!!

22. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

Dave, looks like I will be on the run! I'll probubly hook up with Mike and my brother (ric) and the rest on Hwy 37. Hey out there...it's not to late to get ready and drive your heep to Antioch tomorrow morning! See you there

23. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Rtsidejohnny we will see you on HWY 37 at 6:15 plus or minus a few minutes . Here is my number just in case 707 217 8751 . We should have seven cars from there on and picking up one more on the freeway in Walnut Ck . Very cool !!!!! Can't wait :D

24. This is tomorrow? Awww man, I'm stuck in Maui till Tuesday....

25. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

Thanks dad's 1932, just came in from the garage. See you in the AM. And Tim Brown, if you have to be stuck...Maui ain't bad! Catch some surf for us!! Aloha

26. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

A few pics from today. . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are many more, but it's late and I'm tired. :cool:

27. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Cool pics and a great day . I also have pics to post but way to tired . May I make a suggestion .......... Who ever gets here first to post pics should start a new thread "Titled Northern CA Reliability run Pictures " and we can all post our pics on that thread . Just an idea . Again , a great day !!!

Craig started a new thread called "Northern CA Reliability Run pictures" Check it out and ad pics !!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012