Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My model A build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nocero, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Nocero

Nocero

Just thought I'd put up some progress picks been awhile since I posted.

Attached Files:

2. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Great progress and nice work. Stick with it.

3. Nocero

Nocero

I have not posted anything in a while so I figured I'd update you on my progress ans ask a question. I got 1/2 of the body roughed in and got tired of working on it so I decided it was time to get going on the chassis. I did purchase the frame but have modified it quite a bit.
    I have one question. I know I will have to pie cut my wishbones to mount them to the frame where I want to and keep my caster right, but seems like I'll have to take one heck of a slice out of them to get them where I want. A I doing something wrong here?

Attached Files:

4. -Brent-

-Brent-

It's coming out great. I'd love to see better pics of the 37 Ford hinges. As a matter of fact, I just searched to see the humpbacks but didn't come up with anything clear.

Keep up the good work, man.

5. Nocero

Nocero

Actualy Brent I changed my mind since that post. I welded the holes up for the 37 hinges and went with the hump back hinges. I'll take some pics tommorrow if you want. BTW Nice coupe I was just reading your thread the other day
    Tim

6. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Damn!!! That's going to be nice when done. Great progress and keep em updates coming.

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

I love pics! :D Hahaha... Detail pics are the way to go. I may just copy the humpback hinges.

And thanks for the compliment. I was just down at SFSS this evening and man... I'm getting pumped.

8. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

You're not doing anything wrong. Clamp the plates where you want them to be. Measure the caster angle. Cut the bone as far forward as you can the width of one sawsall or hack saw blade at a time, stopping just short of cutting all the way through. Do not saw it in half the first whack. use the remaining metal where you stopped short to help you. After you cut it. Hit it with a hammer to lean it. Tack it at the top after each cut to check the angle. It won't take near as much as it appears.

If you are having trouble getting to stay in place to tack it. Use a bar clamp. If you do not have one. Tack weld it with the small gap. While the tack is red hot (read: WORK QUICKLY) bump it with a shop hammer. The gap will close and cool in less than a second. It will stay put.

Measure the angle. Repeat if necessary.

9. Nocero

Nocero

Thanks for the reply. That was what I had planned but it just seemed like it was quite a bit to have to correct for. I want to get the tie rods pretty close to the frame and centered under the rail.

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

So... you gotta pic for me??? :D

11. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

looking real nice so far. keep us posted. what did you use for a roof insert.

12. Nocero

Nocero

Sorry Brent here are a couple pics to give you an idea what they look like. I first saw these style hinges on Mr Fords coupe and really liked them. I had some issues getting the other hinges to work so I decided to change. The one problem Is they are built to follow the contour of the humpback and the coupe has a much flatter surface. I have not figured what I'm going to do to fix that yet.
    Pincher I used a howells insert but I won't recomend it to anyone else. I was unhappy with the amount of crown and spent way too much time getting it where I am now and am still not happy with it. May oren the roof back up anyhow not sure yet.

Attached Files:

13. -Brent-

-Brent-

Cool man, I think I am going to go that route. Looks really good.

It's a challenge to stray away from something that works and looks good and have a distinct car.

I'll be following your build for sure.

14. Nocero

Nocero

Got back to work on the coupe finally! Life threw me a couple curve balls and I'm finally getting back to normal. Chopped the frame up put two more inches of kick in the rear. Pie cut the bones and built mounts. Finished the truck arms. I'm to the point that I need to spend some money to keep going. I'm kind of jumping around now doing what I can without spending any $$$.

Attached Files:

15. RUDOG

RUDOG

Looks great!:):). Are you putting on a locking trunk latch? Cause my trunk loved to jump up and down as I drove when I hit bumps. I Lock it when I drive now...my 2 cents

16. Nocero

Nocero

Got alittle sidelined with life for a while, but finally managed to make a little progress on the coupe. Now I found another project to make the coupe wait! Just what I need.

Attached Files:

17. Nocero

Nocero

Making some progress the last couple weeks, body is on top is cut, all the square tube is in making up the subrails and floor x members. Finaly starting to look like a car rather than a pile of parts all over the garage.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  18. ScottV

ScottV

Impressive !!!

19. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

looks real good keep it up!!! love the stance

20. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

The chop looks right on.... Keep up the good work!!!

21. Nocero

Nocero

Have made alot of progress the last couple months. I have not documented it as well as I have planned but here are some update pics.

Attached Files:

22. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

Lookin great, keep it up.

23. Nocero

Nocero

Ok it's been a while since any updates so here's some progress pics. I've been bad at following up on my build so now that there is some visible progress I'll try to keep after it a little better.

24. Nocero

Nocero

Motor is done frame is painted quickchange is fresh trans is gone through. This is all I have for now more soon.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  25. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Now that is looking sweeeeeetttttttt. Stay at it.....

26. brady1929

brady1929

27. Nocero

Nocero

28. 067chevy

067chevy

Real nice work on the visor and roof. Keep up the work and pictures.

29. Nocero

Nocero

Here is one of the final mock up pics. some of the visable changes since this pic are lake style headers, got rid of the truck arms and went with ladder bars to tuck them up in better. There have been a bunch more changes that are not so visiable. This is my first hot rod build so alot of things have been done cut off then re done. I hope to have a rolling chassis in a week or two if the platers ever get my axle back to me.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  30. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri