Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone missing a keith black hemi?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LUX BLUE, Aug 24, 2012.

1. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

you'd think that if someone were to steal something, they'd take something that would be a little less rare and a little more salable.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most thieves aren't really known for their high IQ levels.

There was a time when I was pretty trusting but lately I tend not to tell a lot of people where I live and what I have even though I don't have much by most folks standards. It may not be the guy who shows up at your place to buy something off Craigslist, it may be the two guys who overhear him brag about what he saw in your shop when he has a few beers at a bar a couple of days later that decide that it's worth busting in the shop and ripping you off.

3. Lux, at least you didin't have to testify against a guy with BESTIALITY on his rap sheet for a DUI trial. When the judge read my address OUT LOUD I wanted to punch him in the back of the neck!:eek:

4. I know, Right?

You'd think a common petty thief part time crack head cocksmoker would have his shit together and not screw up like that.

You watch to many oceans eleven type movies

5. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

:confused: You posting from a pay phone?

6. Nice catch Mister Good Cat!

7. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Hell yeah! Smarter than the average cat. Nice work. :cool:

8. deto

deto

This is a good read on a Friday!

9. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Well, if it comes down to testifying, I am not scared...there are only 3 of 'em. And they are little bitty dudes.

You should have immediately turned to the judge and called him on that. Sure, you have to respect them, but sometimes they need a wake up call.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Good for you for being a stand up guy. Too many people are afraid to get involved any more, but you weren't. :) Hope these lowlifes get the book thrown at them.

We used to be working at our shop at night and a guy would pull up in front of the open garage door and ask if we wanted to buy any tools. The whole time he was eyeballing our stuff. I usually told him no and he would leave, but the last time he was there I walked out with my cell phone, dialed the cops, and walked behind his car to get the license number. He took off and we haven't seen him since.

Damn thieves. :mad:

Don

11. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Glad to hear it got recovered!

12. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

LUX BLUE you are a great upstanding guy. You played thay out very well. The information you gathered was superb. I can tell you first hand the men and women of law enforcement love it when people of your caliber step up to the plate. You my friend are a good man.

13. Excellent job!!!

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Good job Lux, too much stuff getting ripped off. La Fong, your a hoot. Capitol L, little A, capitol F, little o, little n, little g, La Fong, Carl La Fong.:D

15. "He's a railroad man...gets up very early in the morning."
    "He's a chump."

16. toddwith2ds

toddwith2ds
    from AZ

HA! That sounds like the description of 80% of the people where I am from.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Last year, a couple crackheads broke into my garage and ripped off about a grand worth of power tools and torches. One of the f*cknuts actually moved a $500 Holley 4500 to take an $80 black & decker drill. Had to laugh...Morons.

18. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Chances of him even knowing someone to buy the carb was slim to none. The drill would fetch him 20 bucks to get hight for about 1 hour. To bad he didnt have a buyer for the carb he may have gotten enough cash to over dose and die. Sorry pieces of shit that they are. I hate a thief but its getting more common.

19. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

glad they were busted and the owner got it back

20. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I don't think it is sny more common than 10 years ago, I think that the popularity of older tin has just made us bigger targets. When you walk past a magazine rack and a blown model A is on the cover of hot rod instead of a camaro, and the local thugs have seen you put yours into the garage 200 times, the 3 brain cells they have left get to rubbing together.
    what I am surprised by is how much bolder (i.e., dumber) this new batch of hood rats is. They know that the chances of them actually being caught are so slim that it is open season...it's not the fault of the police, or the folks that get taken...we are outnumbered and outgunned. Hell, I don't put my shops adress on anything. I don't even hand out business cards anymore.
    And my vigilante-o-meter is just past the "scary white guy with a shotgun" mark.:)

21. BLAKE

BLAKE

"Who's that too-cool kat, who knows where the hot Hemis is at...?"

[​IMG]

22. jerry

jerry

Damn but he cleans up nice!

Good job Lux.

jerry

23. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

And that night would be the last time I ever saw those sunglasses.

And as I recall, things got really interesting not long aftrr that. :D

24. BLAKE

BLAKE

My fondest-slash-least-blurry memory of that night was playing Strip Club VIP Room Hide-N-Seek™ with Nick... and giggling like idiots.

Getting back on topic, nice work on foiling this nonsense. You're a good man.

25. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Stand up act, LUX. Hope the entire town has your back on this.

26. When you`re too lazy to work or too dumb to hang onto a job, you steal. Problem is - there are a LOT of stupid, lazy people out there...:rolleyes:

27. My buddy had a 427 and 409 Chevies complete, and several misc blocks and heads stolen last week and the cops told him it was proabally already at the scrap metal yard but no luck there yet. Bastards!