Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 30-31 Model A ?'s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davey_shumard, Aug 24, 2012.

1. davey_shumard

davey_shumard

I need a set of doors for my 30-31 model a sedan two door. I was just curious what the crossover is on those doors....do any other 30-31 fords share the same door? :confused:
    Is there some place where all the farmers that removed the doors, put them, like a mass grave for model a doors?:D
    Does anyone know where a guy can get re-pop doors for a 30-31 model a sedan two door? I dont really want repop parts, but i'll take 'em if i have too...:eek:

davey shumard

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The 30-31 Ford pickup shares doors with the 30-31 Tudor sedan.

3. no repop doors for any closed car model A's that i know of. i believe 30/31 sedan and coupe doors are different , but shouldn't be too hard to find as Ford made a lot of them

yes , it is suspected that all the model A doors are in a big pile somewhere along with Model A decklids and `32-`34 pickup doors. people have been looking for it for years

4. 5window

5window

You could also try posting this over on the Ford Barn for additional experts.

5. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

Good luck finding them, I've searched for over 2 months with no results.

6. Fordor fronts are the same length but the hinges may be slightly lower or higher (I forget which is which). They shouldn't be that bad to find, but plan to spend about $150 for nice ones and less for ones that need work.

7. 07travis

07travis

Sounds like I should be glad I got my body with doors on it! :D Good luck on finding the graveyard of doors... I've searched most of NE South Dakota for it... no luck...

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry rustynewyorker, but fordor fronts aren't the same as tudor in '30 '31. They are quite a bit shorter from both Briggs and Murray. The pickup doors are the only interchange I know of. Even the big trucks have an extra "bubble" in the door to clear the spare.

9. NeedFiber

NeedFiber

Is this the graveyard your all looking for? I think I counted an easy 150 assorted doors outside....another 25 inside? Just an old guys life long collection here in NV.

Attached Files: