Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday Models 8/19/2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wvenfield, Aug 19, 2012.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

Something a little different. I was able to buy 20-25 models that were done in the early 60's by an adult builder. All are custom or Hot Rod's. Just a few random examples.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Well I see someone finally started a thread for today. All I have to add this week is some running gear component fabrications on a basket case OT model I picked up off ebay a while back.

Attached Files:

3. Church Key

Church Key

Excellent ! Please post more of these survivors...

4. steveb

steveb

After severe building burnout that lasted almost 3 years, I think I am finally back for a while. This was a project that I started on in 2007, & worked on & off for a couple of years before putting it away in a box. Earlier this year, I gradually started working on it again, & now, I'm happy to see it finally complete.
    It started life as a 1951 Chevy Fleetline & I decided to make it into a 1950 model. I reshaped the rear fenders to look more like a 1950, & also reshaped the front & side panels to make them a bit more rounded, & not so flat. I also did a severe rebuild of the windshield section of the roof since the AMT version is so off & wrong. Of course, I chopped the top & did lots of other things to it.

For more photos during the building stages, check out my FB page. It's open to the public & don't need to have a FB account to see it. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Boutte-Kustoms/136565936448460
    The '50 Olds bumpers, grille & '53 Olds hubcaps came from Promolite, & the tires are from Modelhaus with whitewall inserts I modified. Frenched '50 Ford headlights & taillights.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The dash was scratchbuilt & the laminated knobs made from layers of transparent orange, clear & white plastic.
    [​IMG]

The seats & door panels have tuck & roll inserts made from acrylic craft paint poured into a mold. Once again, checkout my FB page where I show step by step photos. The piping is 32 ga. wire painted with the same acrylic craft paint as the inserts. Resin copies of scratchbuilt armrests, door handles & window cracks.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The paint is HOK candy root beer with a bit of black mixed in on top of HOK copper pearl , shot over a black base coat. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. rc57

rc57

Beautiful work on the Chevy. Way to jump back in the pool in style. Can't wait to see more of your work

6. excellent. and i can understand getting burned out if you put that much detail into every build.

7. Beutiful work Steve.

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Wonderful job. The dash is so cool. Do you have a link or earlier posts that show how you do your interiors? No face-tweets for me. Gary

9. froghawk

froghawk

Good god, Steve, that Chevy is beautiful! I'm not sure what impresses me more, the beauty of the custom you've created, the level of detail and craftsmanship in that interior, or you're work in correcting all the flaws in that turkey of a kit! Guess it's the whole package! Awesome photography as well!

Now that this cool Chevy is done are you going to finish that Merc you were working on too?

Here's my post for today, transferred from the other thread....

Since we seem to be adding to last week's thread this week, here's some pics of newly plated brightwork for a couple current projects...

'59 Sunliner, before...
    [​IMG]
    after (taillights are original)...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'58 Sunliner, before, with custom grill fitted...
    [​IMG]
    after...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

11. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Wrong topic Steve!! this topic is for model cars , not the real stuff ! :D

another masterpiece ! You're close to perfection ! :eek:

12. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

And, Look who's talking.

Zed builds some of the nicest models on tha planet.
    I am still drooling over the paint on that Squarebird!

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SteveB, that is superb! Easily one of the best models that has been posted to our group since we started.

Froghawk, where did you get the chrome done? Looks fantastic, would you mind if I asked what it cost to get them done? You don't need to answer if you don't want to.

Zed, I have to agree with JimC, your builds are everything that SteveB's and Froghawk's are. You guys are some of the most talented builders there is!

Doc.

14. car toon

car toon

Well, it's been said many times already, but I will jump in anyway.....superb job, Steve! It does look like the real thing.

15. I'm with the rest Steve, Stunning beauty and masterful craftsmanship! WOW!

16. n847

n847

Thats one of the most incredible models I've ever seen!