Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need your ideas for tie downs for the floor of my 32 Ford pick up bed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ibbuckshot, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ibbuckshot

ibbuckshot

Greetings Y'all, :cool:
    I am working on my 32 ford extended cab pickup. I would like to put six floor tie downs in the truck bed. I searched the seaerch files but found nothing. Thought by posting this I might get some home made ideas for some small but flush mount tie downs to build into the wood bed floor. Just wanted to see what ideas are out there rather then reinventing the wheel. Thanks.
    Have fun,
    buckshot

2. Tony

Tony

On my 52 Chevy truck i used stake pocket tie downs similar to these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BETTER-BUILT-STAKE-POCKET-POP-UP-NIB-/290600684934

My bed is aluminum diamond plate, but they could easily be fit into wood.
    They work slick and tuck back into the bed to keep the floor flat for cargo.
    You can see them in the corners of the floor in the pic.

Only thing i did was made my own lower plates that were not only larger to spread the load, but also 1/8" thick.

Tony

Attached Files:

• 52.4.jpg
      52.4.jpg
      File size:
      52.2 KB
      Views:
  3. F&J

F&J

Probably not available anymore, but I used genuine Mopar Dealer acc'y stake pocket tie-downs. Stainless steel, and totally flush, with a tiny thin rectangle in the center that actually pops up to be an open loop. Cool looking.

Bought mine 20 years ago though. I recessed them, flush fitted into the wood floor, with a router bit.

4. 31Apickup

31Apickup

You may want to search for Boat Hardware, all sorts of neat tie downs used, especially on sailboats.

5. ibbuckshot

ibbuckshot

Thank you folks,
    It's nice to see that there are always people out there with so many ways to skin the cat ! ! ! ! Some very good ideas. Thanks again.
    Have fun,
    buckshot :cool:

6. JBOLTON

JBOLTON

+1

www.boatersworld.com

Check out these hidden rachet straps. pretty slick.

Attached Files:

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check here in the deck hardware section. http://www.marinepartdepot.com/index.html they have very presentable stainless pieces for reasonable prices. I buy quite a bit of stuff from them for my sailboat and have had real good luck and service from them.